Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes 2016/17 inc useful links

Poster: A snowHead
@dobby, Not sure tbh. Probably not that much. Lowest I'll ski today is 2400m from top of Diable to get higher.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Up at 10, down at 2. Pretty quiet, lots of Spanish here this week. I skied on the Glacier, down to Toura, some Toura runs, some lower Bellecombe runs and finished with the Superdiable black before coming down on the Diable chair. Snow is lovely but getting à little thin towards Bellecombe chair (2300m or so). Beautiful sunshine, I skied with 3 friends, all boarders, one an Italian instructor, great start. Photo of park and Toura.

latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi claude, I was wondering if you think they will maybe start using the cannons at all anytime soon to try and open runs to resort or are the temps there not low enough yet? ive seen on the webcams that they have used them a week or so ago but not really since. I'm heading out on the 13th and trying to get an idea of how 'open' the resort will be??
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
They were used a fair bit and quite a lot of snow was produced. It hasn't been that cold since and it's forecast to be warmer for the next week. Open from 2100m to 3600m and the snow is very good higher. Still plenty of good skiing but you'll have to take a lift down, plenty of options, I jump on Diable.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Went up for 4 hours today, lovely blue sky but fairly cold higher. Snow cannons running above Bellecombe. Skied down as far as Crète which is better than I expected. Less stones than last year, higher is def better.

Looking down Superdiable black towards resort

Looking up towards glacier from Lac Noir
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
3 Brits in l2a until Saturday morning! Our 4th friend isn't able to make it so we are well up for lunch/drinks/shoop shooping on Thursday and Friday. All a bit giddy with ski excitement so it would be nice to share the love! We are Celeste, Sophie, and Euan Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@illseeyouontheslopes, Where are out for après today?

Just been up for 4 hours, warmer but still ok. As it's most people's last day it was busier but still quiet. Rise festival next week so we'll be rammed with rowdy Brit students 😮 Some snow would be nice but looks unlikely.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Keep the updates coming!!!!!!!!☺
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Was up yesterday and today. Sunny, cannons running between Toura and Bellecombe, coldish wind this afternoon, busier this week with Rise Festival. Pistes are still generally good.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi Claude we were in LDA for new year 2015/16 the conditions were ok ish, but a lot of stones, is there the same problem this year? We are out for christmas this year.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Feldyourno1, less stones than last year atm but still a couple of weeks to go. Great conditions down to 2600m still.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Looks good!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Anyone know whats going on with Evo2? Their website is showing they are having disagreements but I'm trying to research some lessons for someone in our group for 7th Jan.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I spoke to à friend who used to work for them she doesn't know. Looks like they're no longer an Evo 2 franchise. Email on webpage and changed fb with telephone https://www.facebook.com/Ski-school-Les-2-Alpes-168715173805/

Was fairly cold today with strongish wind this morning. Not too much different but more stones daily Sad
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Sunny but pretty cold, more stones appearing but none really above Toura, avoidable below. Forecast to get colder with little precipitation, perhaps Christmas day ⛄
latest report
Hopefully you'll be able to see this. Rod Frazer (BASS) has just got back and produced his first weekly snow report. Very honest imo.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1309370115768151&id=624536284251541
ski holidays
It's been quite cold up the mountain the last few days. Conditions not changed much. Less stones in some areas they must have cleared them. Lots of snow making yesterday. Between Toura and the Bellecombe lift they've been running for days. All running on the blue back to resort yesterday, nearly all pisted now, all artificial snow. I think it will be possible to ski down for Christmas. Snow also being made on a lot of the lower slopes.

Looks as if Serre Chevalier, Montgenèvre and Puy St Vincent have some decent snow. All pretty close so I think I'll drive over next week for a changé.
latest report
Really cold last night and all the cannons except for those on Diable are working flat out. The blue back to resort and all the links are nearly complete. Working on Valentine too, I read on Facebook it's open. Chalet de la Fée is open today, but just the chalet. Not quite sure what that means, there isn't a great deal of snow down there. I suspect the flattish track is open and the run down to the lift. Best restaurant on the mountain run by lovely people.

I skied down the Crète yesterday and although not great it's skiable.

I'll go up and investigate further a little later.

Forecast shows a bit of snow around Christmas and a pretty big dump before New Year. We'll see.
latest report
Went up for a few hours yesterday, very cold not much change. Valentine isn't open but cannons have been running. The Fée red down to the resto and the lift is open. Pretty shocking though I'll wait for more snow before I venture down it again. Snow forecast for tomorrow.

New Chambon tunnel is now open although not 100% complete. Same restrictions as relief road which is now closed.
ski holidays
I woke up to a sprinkling of snow in resort and it's still falling gently. it looks pretty grim up the mountain and more has obviously fallen 😃 No skiing today, resort is much busier with early Christmas crowds. Valentine was open yesterday, I didn't ski it but some friends did. All man made snow it looks a bit narrow towards the top and they had someone up there policing people who wanted to ski down.
ski holidays
Went up today for the first time since Sunday. Monday's snowfall has definitely freshened things up. More pistes have been opened so the majority above 2000m plus the Valentine are now open. I think they'll open the blue back to resort for Christmas.
snow report
Merry Christmas, Joyeux Noël, Buon Natale 😃⛄ Not much change really, no more snow. There has been a cold northerly wind up the mountain the last few days, today too. The blue wasn't open yesterday, I'm sure it will be soon. The resort is fairly busy but not that bad really. I'm going to ski this afternoon with Christmas Dinner (not the English variety) in a restaurant with friends this evening 😃
latest report
Update on this, apparently nothing open above Toura at 2600m due to the wind. It's due to drop this afternoon otherwise it will be a token effort up the mountain for Christmas.
snow conditions
Not a great day yesterday. Very windy, especially in the morning when it was only open to 2600, later to 2900 and finally 3200, pretty flat light too. I went up for a couple of hours and the wind hasn't done thé snow any good higher exposing more stones. Blue run back to resort was open for the first time and I came back down it. All man made snow, the new spur to Diable lift is a huge improvement.

Had a great Christmas Dinner at Casa Nostra last night with a few Friends.

Nice sunny morning now 😃
latest report
Windy here in Serre Che as well yesterday, lot of lifts closed, which was a shame cos LynnX wanted to ski on Xmas day for the first time......
Went up today and the wind had done a cracking job of creating blue ice sheets on the home run to Monetier, nice..........
snow conditions
First day I've skied for several days due to having a horrible bug. Only a couple of hours. Slopes have got a little worse with the Christmas and New Year crowds, a few more stones, but not drastically. Still nothing forecast imminently.

Une mer de nuages from the bottom of the glacier chair at 2600m
latest report
@Claude B, good to hear that you've been able to get out on the hill & now that 500+ students from Glasgow uni have left resort now it should be quite for you, I told Jack [son] to drop into the Frog which apparently was opposite their accommodation.

He reported that they had great conditions high up & had an awesome trip Toofy Grin Very Happy
ski holidays
michaelbury17 wrote:
@Claude B, good to hear that you've been able to get out on the hill & now that 500+ students from Glasgow uni have left resort now it should be quite for you

Another Uni trip out in a weeks time though my daughter is heading out next weekend.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Lots of uni trips here since the start of the season. I skied in Serre Chevalier last Thursday and here today. Slopes are holding up really well and there's plenty to keep you entertained for a week, but I've skied 5 weeks already so .....! Fair bit of snow due over next 8/9 days, everything crossed.
snow conditions
We will be visiting AdH for day trips from Sunday. Is there any free car parking that is in a useful place? If not, where is best for the lifts and ski hire shops?
snow report
Alpe d'Huez or Les Deux Alpes? Alpe d'Huez, there is a big free car park at Les Bergers next to the lift pass office, ski hire shops and lifts. Les Deux Alpes isn't busy atm, try to park near Diable lift at Venosc end of town. Lift pass office there and Jacques Sports nearby is a good hire shop.

It started snowing in resort about an hour ago, fairly heavy now. A reasonable amount forecast over the next week.
snow report
Claude B wrote:
Alpe d'Huez or Les Deux Alpes? Alpe d'Huez, there is a big free car park at Les Bergers next to the lift pass office, ski hire shops and lifts. Les Deux Alpes isn't busy atm, try to park near Diable lift at Venosc end of town. Lift pass office there and Jacques Sports nearby is a good hire shop.

It started snowing in resort about an hour ago, fairly heavy now. A reasonable amount forecast over the next week.

Brilliant thank you. It is Alpe dHuez we are planning on going to.
snow report
Hi,

does anyone have any recommendations for ski and snowboard lessons, restaurants and which runs are best/worst/flattest in L2A?

Heading there in 10 days.

Thanks.
snow conditions
@flashback, Welcome, the first post on this thread has some recommendations for ski schools. Loads of decent runs, best snow on glacier and signal. Only really flat run is Fée 1, but it is lovely out of the way. Loads of restaurants different prices and food types from Burgers to Michelin starred. Casa Nostra, Spot and Alissier are all good.

Only about 5cm in resort, more higher. Blue sky so going to play Smile Lots of snow due tomorrow night.
snow report
@Flashback I'd definitely recommend Rod at BASS ski school, here's the website link:

http://www.britishskischool.com/BASS_Resorts/Les_Deux_Alpes

I did a half day all mountain clinic with him over Xmas, it cost €65 and class size is limited to 4. Superb value and tuition. If the link is open he may even include a trip across to Le Grave. Sadly it wasn't an option over Xmas.
latest report
@Claude B: I am heading to L2A this Saturday for a week of skiing. Right now the Vallee Blanchee area is closed due to lack of snow. As you mentioned, lots of snow (around 70cm acumulated snow is predicted) is due for next several days. Do you think they will be able to open Vallee Blanche in Sunday or Monday? Or they will wait and try to preserve snow for French holidays? Thank you.

P.S.: I've booked Rod for a 2 half-days whole mountain clinic and a trip to LaGrave. I hope everything will go well Smile. Can't wait.
latest report
@matejp, I cant see VB opening for the week-end, it's still almost bare. Even if we get the 60 cm or so forecast it wont be enough. I dont know how close the La Grave link is to opening. Last week it looked bare below P1 when we drove past.

Had a few hours today and things have definitely improved. Probably 15 cm of fresh on the glacier but there was an Arctic wind up there. I skied down Valentine for the first time this winter and wished I hadn't. Still very icy and my edges are shocking.

Looks very wild Thursday night and Friday. If it's as forecast I'll be decorating Smile
latest report
@Claude: I know that there is no snow on VB at the moment and that offpiste there is off the table, but what about pistes? It seems that VB is on meadows, surely they don't need much snow to prepare them?

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Wed 11-01-17 16:38; edited 1 time in total
snow report
@matejp, perhaps you'll get a nice surprise Smile I don't really know tbh but from nothing to open in 3 days ...
snow conditions
Looking out of the window this morning there has been a fair bit of snow and everything is white. Not the 30 cm forecast but it's still falling. Lots of road clearance and they have been blasting up the mountain too. Vis looks dreadful atm.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy