Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes 2016/17 inc useful links

Poster: A snowHead
Been really warm and sunny the last couple of days with very spring like conditions lower down. Busy again largely thanks to an influx of around 3000 Romanians for their annual Snow Fest. Generally a really nice bunch with loads of their bands playing too. Very misty this morning and forecast isn't great for the rest of the week with perhaps some heavier snow with a lower freezing point at the weekend.

They start partying early in Romania. Panobar before 3
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Is their big party done by the weekend? (think i've been spoilt by Pila, lovely quiet resort, no ques, no people!)

Me and mate get there Saturday!
Still excited although it forecasting rain at the bottom but lots of fresh stuff to come down from mid to high up!

Wooo!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Snow Fest this week only not too busy tbh.

Didn't ski yesterday and went up about 11 today after more painting. Very high winds closed everything above 2900m but it was a lot better than I expected. Sun was in and out and there were a few flurries. Because of the sprinkling of snow last night piste conditions varied enormously from deep wind blown to scoured ice. Skied to 5 though so had a nice time. Looks similar tomorrow with a reasonable dump Saturday 😁
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bern dumping down in resort for 4 or 5 hours now, even longer higher. Expecting about 40 cm at 2600 m. Will take a look in the morning.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
View from the balcony this morning. Table was cleaned yesterday.

[/URL]
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
And mine

snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
What an awesome day. Must have been 40+ cm overnight and the sun has been shining all day 😃 Very quiet too, quietest Sunday since late January, surprised there weren't more day trippers 😃 I managed to wipe out off piste at 2600 m and was well buried 😁
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Anyone there this week ? How's it looking ? tempted to book for easter (8th - 15th) but it's a gamble !
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@tomlin169, still very good conditions after snow at the weekend and it's not really a gamble here at all. More snow due this weekend.

I skied for about 3 or 4 hours yesterday plenty of sunshine and good snow. No skiing today and probably off to Montgenèvre tomorrow.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Been really hot and sunny the last few days. Some snow due from Saturday onwards.

On Wednesday I had a great day out in Montgenèvre. Although it was very warm and sunny the skiing was still great. Rounded the day of with a walk round Briançon followed by a pint in the sun.

Back here yesterday. Again warm and sunny but conditions are still very good. I finished at 4 with probably my fastest ever run down the Valentin in the slush. Took this photo from the top at 3600m.

Not skiing today my legs are suffering a bit.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Waiting for the bus home after a truly awesome week.

The first few days were truly magnificent after a big snow on Saturday - still finding easy lift-served fresh tracks on Tuesday with no need for a guide. Highlights included loops off the side of the Glacier du Mantel (dropping down from Puy Salie 1 to the bottom of signal lift) and (officially closed for no apparent reason) Pierre Grosse 2.

We went to La Grave on Wednesday. While this was an interesting change of scene, it was pretty much tracked out and conditions weren't as good as L2A.

By Thursday/Friday the hot weather had taken its toll on the off-piste, and conditions were generally better in the afternoon once things had softened up. Friday brought some wind, which blew some fresh onto previously thin slopes - highlight of the day was a few loops around the (officially closed) Thuit 4 run.

It's lightly snowing now at village level - not yet enough to freshen up the pistes for next week, but more is forecast.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Didn't ski Friday to Sunday, took advantage of the poor weather and got on with some decorating. Fair bit of snow fell over the weekend though. Went up yesterday, beautiful day and the new snow has really improved things above 2000m. Lot of Brits here this week, families and students, but not really busy. Similar day today. Took this showing Signal and Glacier.

ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Strange day today. I haven't skied but in resort we've had a lot of cloud, a little sun, a little snow and now it's getting windy 😮
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Beautiful sunny day, windy at first but it died down around lunchtime. Skied plenty and the snow was very nice especially on the glacier. Cracking day 😁
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
How are conditions on the glacier for this time of year, good snow depths? We're doing a few days of summer ski in late June this year and wondering how it's shaping up (obviously still plenty of time between then and now!)
ski holidays
Up in LDA today, it was the nicest snow I've seen in about a month. Even in the afternoon
snow report
Had a French friend from Annecy here for the weekend. Another great skier who's skied all her life. Saturday was wonderful, blue sky, good snow and quiet. Not so good yesterday with a lot of cloud rolling in. We skied back down the blue about 2, it was horrible soupe, and had a long lunch. I'm shattered so having a day or two off.

Glacier is super, suspect depths aren't great we haven't had too much snow this winter.
ski holidays
Thanks Claude. Out at the beginning of the summer ski season so hopefully not too bad. If it can stay a bit cold up there!
snow report
@belette, the glacier itself will be super at that time. In good years more is open early in the summer, Signal even down to the midi station of the glacier chair at 2900m.
latest report
First day I've skied since Sunday. Skitow came over from Alpe d'Huez and we had a pretty good day. Snow still great higher up and it was a beautiful warm sunny day. Last runs were Superdiable black, Crête and the Jandri blue back to resort. I dont think that will last much longer, Valentin is already closed.

snow report
@Claude B, Yes great day thanks. Plenty of skiing left there for the next 2 weeks until end of season I would have thought.

Had a quick ski around Alpe d'Huez yesterday morning, rather less to go at than LDA but really quiet, except for glacier.
ski holidays
Really quiet today. Sunny but cold northerly wind high up. Some beautiful Spring snow in places. Skied back to resort although the spur from the blue to Diable is closed, got down it but the last day I think.

snow report
Similar day yesterday. Skied back down to centre station but that is almost finished too. Went to Panobar closing party which was entertaining but not really that busy. Not skiing today.

snow conditions
I didn't ski yesterday, forecast was for it to be extremely cold with a northerly wind, friends who went up confirmed this. Should be a little warmer today so I'll brave it, nice and sunny. Cold weather has saved the blue run down to resort, cannons have produced enough snow to make it look décent again 😃
ski holidays
Had a ski in Claude's place! Snow up top much better than expected. I skied the glacier for the first time and enjoyed the red(signal). One day I'll continue past the Glacier onto La Grave!

Probably last ski of the season today, been great fun.
snow conditions
Not this season it closes Saturday.

Really nice day, cold enough to keep the snow nice but not brass monkeys like yesterday. Sun shone all day. Snow making on blue back lulled me into à false sense of security, it was awful almost bare in places, won't bother again. Very very quiet, i was on the funicular on the glacier on my own, except for the driver who is a neighbour.

Toura and Park
snow conditions
The photo looks like hell Claude B Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

I hope you are coping with the crowds snowHead
ski holidays
@kiteman69, It's even quieter now 😃

Went for a little hike in the Chartreuse Saturday for a change, beautiful area. My knees are suffering a bit so only skied for 3 hours yesterday. Beautiful day with some gorgeous spring snow and nearly deserted now. Due a fair bit of snow this week.

Glacier yesterday

Chartreuse Saturday
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Haven't skied since Sunday, my knees are complaining about overuse. A lot of snow overnight, right down to resort with blasting up the mountains. Really bad visibilty though and snow is forecast to continue until Friday. Saturday is the last day and forecast is good so I'll ski then.

snow conditions
Still snowing 😃 Friends who went up yesterday had a great day above the weather. I'm letting my legs recuperate until Saturday when I've got a friend staying to ski the last day.

Spent some time last night chatting with Joe Vallone in my local bar. What a great guy so passionate about the mountains. Now La Grave is closed he's got some fairly crazy scheme to ski there including camping in the restaurant here at 3200m 😁 Apparently they left à key under the mat, some of his mates were up there last night.
ski holidays
@Claude B, might pop over tomorrow from Serre depending on the weather, just hope our ski pass works in LDA now our season is finished, what's the betting that it does not rolling eyes

Few years ago when LG lift was shut we went over from LDA and had a truly memorable ski on the glacier, skinning back up to do another run, and then a final ski all the way back down and a bit of a walk at the end.
ski holidays
@Weathercam, worth a try it might work. Forecast is for snow all day today and tomorrow. Zero visibility from mine atm. Joe was expected to have to skin from 3200m to LG today, 2 hours he thought.
latest report
@Claude B, maybe you got wrong end of the stick - he'll go over from LDA and ski and skin etc on the glacier and then ski as far down as the snow will let him, that said I've seen him ski on grass really well Toofy Grin

His two hours is probably the walk out, maybe less if snow levels are down to around 1,800m by tomorrow.

And yes my OH will not want to come over if zero viz, but there is still Sat and that looks better, might mention it to KenX

And bet he was moaning how the lift has shut too early and not staying open like it used to!
snow report
@Weathercam, He's expecting funicular and t bars to be closed here above 3200 due to the weather so skinning here and walking out on LG.

We did discuss closing dates yes 😁
snow conditions
@Claude B, aaahhh that makes sense.

Though not a lot of fun with current conditions and I see forecast for you guys is more of the same next week!

OH being very negative about coming over rolling eyes
ski holidays
@Weathercam, was advised by my friend in the Alpe d'Huez ski pass office that my pass wouldn't work in L2A as ADH season has finished.
latest report
@Weathercam, Saturday forecast is good but either side not.
snow report
Absolutely puking down here this evening 😁

Very profound post to reach 10k 😁
latest report
Finally stopped about lunchtime and the sun has appeared. Not many lifts open but friends found some great powder. Blue skies due tomorrow, closing day will be awesome 😁 A friend is driving down from Annecy after work just to ski here tomorrow.

Monday and today 😎
snow conditions
Cracking last day yesterday, super snow, sunshine, cold enough to keep the snow nice and great company with 4 friends 😁

Today has been nice, I've a french friend staying, she helped me explain my new water heater to my elderly neighbours followed by wine and saucisson on their balcony. We then had a couple at the closing party of à local bar. They kept trying increasingly bizarre ways to open champagne, skis were good but using this very stylish old Pinarello was fantastic.

snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy