Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2014/2015 (Folks that a Wrap 2014/15 season)

Poster: A snowHead
Well, the past isn't going to help with future snow fall. All I know is I can't see anything going on with these webcams for Lech. It's dark!!! Where did the cold temps go? They didn't stick around for very long.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Where did the forecast snowfall go? It certainly doesnt appear to have fallen to resort level in st anton, montafon, ischgl or serfaus.

Please correct me.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Feast, Rain at resort level...

Arosa took a decent hit by the looks of it (my next stop Toofy Grin )
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@dulcamara, So, looks like you are based in St Anton now then......I'll shout you when we get there 31st, where staying? Enjoy your turns mate, see you soon!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@clarky999, save one day for wk1 Feb!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@red 27, there were some signs of some high snowfall totals in that area of Switzerland. Interesting to know if they came to much.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Webcam at 1700m looks promising for Arosa.

http://www.arosa.ch/_cache/webcamcache/webcam44
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Feast, 20cm at Arosa (down to village level) and 15cm at Fiss (from about 1800m) so a decent top up.

Ski Dimension could do with more as they only have 60% of runds open which sounds disappointing (but could be avi-blasting and/or wind related)
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Snowing at Ulmerhutte
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
What's the farmers saying these days. Surely the darks days are behind us and we can expect storms with intermittent dumps.

6 weeks more for me!!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Redwine, Fatmers are saying stop worrying.....it'll build up nice and consistently from now on! wink
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Haha! Thanks markymark. This is literally the only thing I worry about! Maybe I need to expand my non-ski life!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
This afternoon it is Snowing on the Western Flank must be a Full Moon ,

Oh yea, what a coincidence its at 05:54 tomorrow morning Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Perfect Blue Sky Day. -3C on Gampen.

Sunscreen required. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
what are the farmers saying about next weekend, the forecasts are doing their usual dickdance !
ski holidays
@2planks,

Am Donnerstag wieder sonniger und milder, ehe auf Freitag mit stürmischem West- bis Nordwestwind das nächste Störungssystem herein zieht. Es ist noch unklar, wie viel und wie weit herunter es schneien wird. Samstags stürmisch, sehr mild, aber vermutlich trocken, ehe am Sonntag eine Kaltfront Neuschnee zumindest auf den Bergen bringen dürfte.
ski holidays
Achtung gott Im himmel, sehr mild, nein nein danke
snow conditions
@2planks, Laughing
ski holidays
@2planks,

Mild is typical before a snow storm.
The important thing is the storm is coming from the West /NorthWest this is where der Arlberg receives it best Snow dumps Very Happy Very Happy

Lets see early days could change ....
snow report
Just looking at the Lech website, and the forecast I'm looking at now, as slighlty colder, and lower freezing levels, than the one I was looking at on Sunday afternoon. Course, I'm about 8 hours behind in the time zone thingy...But the forecast is starting to look rather decent. As is my perogative, I'm keeping my fingers uncrossed, as not to jinx this whole business of snow realization. wink
latest report

http://youtube.com/v/IgaRwh9eDQw
ski holidays
Those conditions looky pretty good for not getting much snow.
latest report
@Toadman, When the snow finally came at Xmas we had great conditions. However still waiting the Huge Dump... Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
@Toadman, when it comes you'll know!!
ski holidays
Markymark29 wrote:
@Toadman, when it comes you'll know!!

I hope to be there when it does come, so I can have first hand knowledge! But, in the interim, I hope this up coming forecast does deliver for the Alps, and of course the Arlberg in particular.
snow conditions
New Gampen Restaurant Next Season

The current Restaurant will be completely demolished & replaced by a brand new joint.
snow report
Another Blue sky Day.

Freeze level is at Galzig right now.

Weekend predictions could now be a mix of Snow & Rain. Temperature will be around 0C 1C
latest report
Question for you folks. So the guide I hired via the research I did here is out for season. He has found a replacement firm, but hasn't identifued the company, and won't be able to identify the person till closer to the trip. Assure me I will be in good hands. As an aside, i have a guide for 2 days, one with my 11 yo daughter and one day solo. Are the assurances good enough in you opinion, or should I (a) get more info on replacement company or (b) find a replacement myself and deal with hassle of getting deposit back or possibly losing 120 euro deposit?

I'm not faulting the original guide, as his livelihood is probably more impacted by mine. Just want to make my trip to arlberg as great and safe as possible, especially with my younger one in tow one day. If it matters, I'm there in mid feb with most of Europe.

Thanks...and btw, still a dump this weekend!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Redwine, he's been working in the Arlberg for over 20 years, and knows all the guides. I'd trust his reccommendation for a replacement.
latest report
@Redwine, the only risk with a guide is that he or she might not know the area as well as someone who has worked there for a long time, and so you risk missing out on secret stashes Happy Even if that was the case I expect the new guy would get lots of advice from your original guide if he's acting in his place. All guides must be fully qualified UIAGM guides, otherwise they simply can't call themselves guides (in Europe at least). I would not worry about the safety side if it. There are always risks and sadly guides, even local guides, do get caught out but it is very, very rare. All guides will travel as safely as is possible and make the best possible calls. Seriously, I would not give this a second thought.

I think you mentioned you had hired Torben originally? If so he is well known locally and has a lot of contacts, he's probably got you booked with another local outfit so you will almost certainly be with a local guide who is every bit as good as him.

By the way, mid-Feb in Austria is not the same as mid-Feb in France, it shouldn't be too busy. If anything St Anton gets busier later on in Feb and in March when the days are longer. If conditions are good you might have a short queue here and there, but I'm talking 5 minutes max (on an epic day the queue for Valuga can be longer), it's nothing like skiing in France during half term.

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Tue 6-01-15 14:00; edited 1 time in total
snow report
@Redwine,

Dont worry your be fine.

Bad guides dont last 5 minutes in Arlberg Or Austria for that matter.
snow report
thx all. Figured Torben would not risk his reputation, but wanted to ask the experts.

now bring on the snow. Very Happy
snow conditions

http://youtube.com/v/q6MGTog-Ir4
snow report
Hmmm, a Taylor Swift snow dance. Let's see if it brings the snow...
snow report
@clarky999, and @Markymark29,

Still got the place in Feldkirch, but have a maximo card so its free to travel in on the train Happy just had 2 great days in the sun... but the knees are feeling old

Just send me a proper message when you are keen

Some monster slides on north faces at the moment, things are REALLY sketchy! most looks to be going on its own, best to stay on the south faces where the snow pack is less complicated...
snow report
@dulcamara, Life's a biatch eh? Will FB Message you Mr Dulc, booked some special pow dumps for 2 and 3 weeks time just to keep it nice and regular for when we get there......if your knees are feeling old then God help mine, I must be a creaking gate!!
snow report
stanton wrote:
New Gampen Restaurant Next Season

The current Restaurant will be completely demolished & replaced by a brand new joint.

Had Christmas Day lunch at Gampen - not a bad bit of fish to get into the Austrian Xmas cuisine Smile
snow report
@stanton, That video is sick - in a bad way. It looks like the out takes from "Chalet Girl"

Whoever it was on here who coined the word 'Scutters' about a certain type of stanton punter would have had that lot in mind.
ski holidays
Yikes. had not heard about Torben and we had him booked 4 days next week. He confirmed that he has booked another guide agency and will follow up later this week. He wrote that he fractured his tibia plateau in December and is on clutches through March. We wish him well.
snow conditions
St anton from Munich - car or train for quickest transfer? Have parking with hotel and arriving Saturday 28th feb leaving the next Wednesday. Guessing roads might be busy on the Saturday but fine on the Wednesday? I'm leaning towards the car for ease. What d'ya think?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy