Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2014/2015 (Folks that a Wrap 2014/15 season)

Poster: A snowHead
Folks be careful off piste on Rendl. This ia the first snow rocks
lay just below the surface.

The medical services are waiting your business.

Bachseite of Galzig Steep & Deep. Happy

Stay low down away from the masses.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

Bachseite of Galzig Steep & Deep.

Laughing
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Auenfeldjet link between Warth and Oberlech now open, 1m fresh snow in Warth in last 2 days.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Toadman, @Redwine, there you go guys, you now know why you spend all that head earned and leave CO for the Arlberg, it NEVER disappoints!

http://www.bergfex.com/stanton-stchristoph/wetter/berg/

wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Markymark29, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

What a difference a storm makes!!!.....wait I heard that before Razz can't wait!

Is this the place I have to make a reservation for during sledding night? Tuesday ans/or thurs evenings?

It is located off the sled run? Have dinner and sled down?

http://www.rodelalm.com/rodelalm.php
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Markymark29,

Liftriders rolling eyes rolling eyes

What a waste of POW time
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Markymark29 wrote:
@Toadman, @Redwine, there you go guys, you now know why you spend all that head earned and leave CO for the Arlberg, it NEVER disappoints!

http://www.bergfex.com/stanton-stchristoph/wetter/berg/

wink

Keep bringing it! Just got a good training session in on my home mtn, Crystal, in 20 inches, aka 50 cm of powder. Looks very promising for more but I will continue to keep my fingers uncrossed, as should everyone else, as the fingers cross thing didn't work out so well during early December. wink

Need some pics to keep the vibe going!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Toadman, agreed. Don't jinx it. How accurate is bergfex? Calling for almost 3 feet of snow next weekend?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Turns out, embedding Tweets, not that easy... Confused

https://www.flickr.com/photos/115154787@N08/16135435752/

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Mon 29-12-14 10:23; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Redwine wrote:
@Toadman, agreed. Don't jinx it. How accurate is bergfex? Calling for almost 3 feet of snow next weekend?

You can ignore the snow depths, as I ranted about above they are almost pointless as an absolute figures. However, a forecast for more snow is obviously better than a forecast for less or none Happy A forecast today for next weekend should be regarded as good reasons for optimism rather than a good prediction Happy

Up to 3 days out it is pretty accurate, like most forecast organisations. After that it's variable, sometimes very good sometimes not so much.

For real data take a look at the avalanche service site, they have tonnes of info, e.g. they show snow depths at various points in the area (search for Valluga and Galzig for St Anton), recent wind (very important to get an idea of which slopes are loaded) and maps showing coverage etc. Their site is here: https://lawine.tirol.gv.at/en/ Some pages are not translated so if you don't read German you'll need to use a translatation tool like Google or Bing. Some of the snow pack terms get very "interesting" translations that way. You can also sign up to the daily avalanche conditions email, which is translated every morning by a human who does an excellent job.

As the Arlberg region straddles the border with Vorarlberg you can also check their site - I find the Tirol one a bit easier to use but Vorarlberg also give good data: https://www.vorarlberg.gv.at/english/vorarlberg-english/security_domestic/avalanchewarningservice/avalanchewarningservice_o.htm again, you might want to look at the German pages too.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Millions of folks paying Millions to just stand in line..Crazy..Why? rolling eyes
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@sah, Really useful stuff. Thank you.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@sah, yes, thank you, very useful. Let's hoping berg flex early jan forecast is right.

The queue at the gondola looks bad this morning.

counting the days till we get there in Feb.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

The queue at the gondola looks bad this morning.

New Year week... horrible.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Redwine, Rodelalm is a restaurant half way down the Rodelbahn run, worth booking if you like huge portions and the craic!

You don't need to book the lift up, you just turn up at Nassereinbahn about 19.00 and collect your sledge (or sled as you guys call them?). Trip up, couple of beers and Schnaps at Gampen, live band, raucous atmosphere then prepare to meet thy maker! Don't forget head torch, helmets/ goggles, full ski gear and wear sturdy footwear.......fantastic laugh but would never pass health and safety rules......that's why it's such fun! Makes me laugh just thinking about it, we've done it many times and always a brilliant evening. kids love it nearly as much as the adults!

Second half, after the Rodelalm meal (and more beer) is then the best and most crazy bends......I won't mention the finish! Enjoy...... Toofy Grin
snow report
@Markymark29, is that sledgy thing on every night? Booked P2P for the Friday of our 3 day trip btw.
snow conditions
@sah, yep, long walk up though......advance queueing strategy needed at New Year........outside track, on first or last, forget going up as a group and most importantly 08.30 start at Galzigbahn........you sleep, you weep etc! It must be awesome right now, that first run down.... full-on piste schlep from top of Schindler to bottom at Stuben, via Rauz and under the bridge, full gas no stops in 10-15cm fresh powder dusting is only bettered by the second run into the pow on the right of the piste! Toofy Grin
snow report
@andy from embsay, Tuesdays and Thursdays.....will send you some routes, you got the Andy Thurner guide book btw?
snow conditions
Markymark29 wrote:
@Redwine, ..fantastic laugh but would never pass health and safety rules......that's why it's such fun! Makes me laugh just thinking about it, we've done it many times and always a brilliant evening. kids love it nearly as much as the adults.

I love all the stuff we can do in Europe that would be impossible in the states.

Thx for info.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Mon 29-12-14 15:59; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
@Markymark29, no - will do though if it's available anywhere.
ski holidays
@andy from embsay, you can pick up a copy at Jennwein or Sport Pete sports shops, maybe Alber too.
ski holidays
Ok, cheers - I've emailed him anyway.
snow report
Feast wrote:
Turns out, embedding Tweets, not that easy... Confused

https://www.flickr.com/photos/115154787@N08/16135435752/

That pic from Monday morning, I hope? Looking really good.
snow report
stanton wrote:
Millions of folks paying Millions to just stand in line..Crazy..Why? rolling eyes

Not everyone knows how to get up a mtn. Just means more fresh pow for those of us who know how to find it...

Sadly, I was following four noobs in the Cascade side country yesterday who obviously had no clue what they were doing, or even looked liked they had even been back in that area before. I guess ignorance is bliss until the $h!t hits the fan. Saw a lot of people going off piste who didn't know the area. Folks heading straight for cliff bands, etc. I guess it's the nature of the vacation skier.
latest report
Lost count but been snowing non stop at least last 3 days! Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
@stanton, wowser, keep it going......one month today and we'll be there!
latest report
@Toadman, yeah, that was Monday
ski holidays
Feast wrote:
@Toadman, yeah, that was Monday

@Feast Thanks for posting the pic. Looks pretty sweet out there.

@stanton Keep on counting those snow days!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Can't wait to arrive on the 11th! Will be just down the road for a week in Serfaus, but looking forward to returning to the Arlberg! Bringing my fat skis in hopes of bringing the pow. Last time was '12 when I skied waist deep for days and almost got shut in the resort. Escaped with 3 kids under the age of 4 at that time on a special 5am train that then required 4 transfers on the way to Zurich. Just made our flight back to LAX.
ski holidays
@comish, Toofy Grin ......special place! Been looking at my new Ragnaroks today and talking them through the possibilities, nay probabilities!
latest report
Finally stopped. It was not heavy snow but just consistent.
We now have about 1.5 metres on Galzig.

Its warming up tomorrow & next few days . Can expect +5C
downtown.

Happy New Year

Very Happy
snow report
Hi, are arriving in 2 weeks and staying on the Lech-Zurs side.
The Hospiz Alm in St Cristoph has been recommended to us as a place for lunch.
We will be taking the blue bus over to the bottom of the Valfagehrbahn.
Question: from the top of the Valfagehrbahn can I make it over to a piste leading to the bottom of the St Cristrophbahn?
Or what lifts do I need to ride?
Is the return to the Valfagehrban piste what path do I follow from the top of the St Cristophbahn.

Thanks. Randy
snow report
On the way over to StC from V'bahn, you will need to pick up either Tanzboden or Zammermoos, both of which will get you to the top of the Galzig, and hence Run 8 to StC. On the return, with a little bit of poling, you will able to get from the top of StC'bahn to either Arlenmahder or Schindlarbahn, which will allow you to ski down to Alpe Rauz and hence the blue bus.
ski holidays
Perfect Winter Sliding Conditions. Very Happy
snow report
So nice to see all the lifts open! How's the hors piste?
ski holidays
@Redwine,

This last storm i e first snow of the season laid down the base.

Underneath it is still rocky. We need a decent heavy dump to make
everywhere much safer .

It is possible to ski off piste allover right now but there are those
hidden risks Under the surface.
snow report
Folks.

Some nice New Years Days Zurs Powder Fotos

over on the German Forum.

http://alpinforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=52553&p=5009416&hilit=Arlberg#p5009416
latest report
@stanton, great photos thanks for posting....where's the gully in the photo in #10 (the one with the rock), is it top of far side Flexenpass on way down to Stuben,accessed off Muggengratbahn?

Also I see from photo #20 (the one with the guy in yellow suit) that the new road to Lech/ Zurs is not open, any ideas why? Did they not finish it in time?

Flexenpass and over to Stuben looks awesome, like you say another big dump needed to get free of sharks and then it's pow time......can't wait!!
snow conditions
@stanton, WOW. Just wow.
latest report
WOW indeed. Didn't look too tracked out. I guess you just need to know where to go. The area looks massive. Avi backparcks on those guys? Really need to know where to go!

One more dump! Love the sound of that.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy