Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

RIP to a much loved snowHead

Poster: A snowHead
Absolutely gutted to hear about the loss of Spyderman this morning. He was part of the very fabric of the original dry ski slope in Hemel being a long standing and very dedicated teacher. In more recent years he was again an instructor at our new facility The Snow Centre. I had known Brett since I was in my early twenties and shared many an evening training on the old mats or the variable bumps that we get these days.

Brett taught a regular session on a week day evening until he became too ill to teach. Even then he would come down and sit in the bar and share the moment with the team off snow when he felt well enough.

He achieved his BASI and CSIA level 2 along with the original Snowsports England club instructor and ASSI. Fantastic achievements for a man who had skiing and teaching as a hobby. Brett was always keen to push his learning and continually looked for opportunities to get better. He loved to wear his association pin badges with pride ( and so he should).

Brett was an equipment geek and could recite the flex rating, turn radius and side cut of any head product. He also loved Spyder gear ( no surprise in his tag name there).

He was a man who didn’t mince his words either, he always told it as he saw it but always with a smile. In my instructors meetings he would take the front row and fill me with fear as I was always waiting for the awkward question he might throw at me. He actually never did, he just liked me to know he might : )

His most recent piece of advice to me was only a few weeks ago when he simply warned me “ Pete if you go for the 135i you may as well hand your licence in”

I will miss him personally as will the whole Snow Centre family and my thoughts are with Carol and the children at this difficult time.

Brett Roberts….Spyderman…..Badge man…………..and a bloody nice guy

Pete Gillespie
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I know he's laughing that I managed to get to NIPs within 8 days in Beryl the Yellow Peril. ( I also know he secretly supported my buying Beryl over a Spider/Brera. )

Different things spring to mind about Spyderman. I miss him
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
How sad Crying or Very sad Never had the good fortune to meet him but enjoyed his posts. Sincere condolences to his family.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sas sad news.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Will be missed very much and I am glad to have known him. DC and snowHeads won't be the same without him.
Love to all his family x
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Very sad news, condolences.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm not often on here these days due to life meaning skiing is not an option just now. I keep in touch on FB though and was totally shocked to hear this awful news. We only met a few times but Brett & Kitty inspired me to believe in what I could do not be morose about what I found hard. Loved his cheery posts and don't know if he coined the phrase but I'll always associate TFIF with him. RIP Brett & sincere condolences to Kitty and the family.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I didn't know him, but from his posts I liked him all the same. A terrible loss to us all, but how much more terrible for Kitty and family. Thinking of you.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Maybe I am alone, but I was thinking that I hope they put a red carpet down for him when they say goodbye, and I hope they let him travel one last time in a Landy. Also, for someone that obviously loved the outdoors it seems kind of fitting that he left us on Earth Day.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
http://www.wjfarrierandson.co.uk/special-request.php
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Very sad news. I didn't know him, and from reading all the lovely posts from everyone I feel I have missed out. It sounds like he was a wonderful man.

RIP.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Terrible news. I'm finding it hard to believe - he was such a lovely, optimistic, upbeat, brave person... I honestly can't believe I'm using the past tense here. Sincere condolences to Kitty and all the family.

RIP Brett
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Only met a couple of times, sadly the good ones go early.

Comiserations to kitty and the rest of the family and friends
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
A lovely man, taken far too soon. So sorry. Love and condolences to Carol and family.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Really bad news, condolences.
snow report
As someone I taught alongside at Hemel Snow Centre for several Summers I always admired his professionalism and commitment to doing the best he could for his charges.

A big loss. Best wishes to his whole family! RIP!
latest report
Brett gave me strength, I shall not forget.

RIP mate.
snow conditions
I said before that I am new here and did not know spyderman but after reading qillski's post I may well have met him at Hemel as I attended a few courses there with people like Alan Hughes and also went down ( yep a very long drive but I was dedicated in those days to the point of obsession ) for a days skiing this was in the late 80's onwards.

It is very sad news and words for his family have little meaning at present, but hopefully in time the support from the members here who new him so well will help them realise they are not alone and he will never be forgotten.
latest report
I am really sad to hear this news, I didn't know he was ill Sad I only met him once at MK, he was a great guy and good fun, he gave my son and I some really helpful tips in our early days of skiing that we have never forgotten and still use, love to Kitty and all the family RIP Spyderman xx
snow report
A sad day and condolences
snow conditions
My family lost my father in Feb to cancer. I, like many snowheads know what the family is going through and wish I could take away the pain.

He was a top bloke. Cancer takes the best.

Cancer...you suck.
ski holidays
Deepest condolences from the Fruity Family x
snow conditions
Deepest, sincerest condolences, what a tragic loss. x
ski holidays
Very sad news. I haven't been on the forum that much over the last 3 weeks and I wasn't even aware he was ill. H will certainly himself and was a great part of this forum. RIP, condolences to the family.
ski holidays
RIP Spyderman and deepest condolences to Kitty and the whole family.

He gave me the impression of someone with an immense capacity for kindness and humour (often fairly wicked). I count myself fortunate to have known him, albeit not as well as some, perhaps, and to have shared a lunch with him and Kitty in Tignes in 2011. He also provided some very helpful advice, several times that resulted in me coming back to the landie world - once whilst he was sunning himself and partaking cocktails in some far-off clime.

Will miss his regular contributions, whether kind, informed, wicked, funny or whatever.

Happy to think of you carving tracks in heavenly clouds, bringing smiles to the faces of other tragically taken souls.

Bon journee, Brett.
ski holidays
I feel I should apologise for posting so late on this thread but have been away from the forum a while. This is such a shock even though I didn't know Brett. I always, especially, enjoyed vehicle related exchanges on AZ. RIP and my sincere condolences to those who were close to him.
snow conditions
So sorry to hear this

How wonderful to be so fondly remembered
ski holidays
I do not check the forum much in the summer minths. Very, very sad to hear this news. I never met him, but his posts were warm, informative and funny - I suspect, from posts from folk who knew him, just like the man himself. RIP Spyderman, and deepest condolences to his family.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I've been a bit absent on the forums for the last few years am very saddened to read this now. As with others I never met him but always enjoyed his posts. RIP Spyderman
snow report
I've also not been posting since March. What a shock Sad Sad Sad

Sincere condolences to Kitty all the family. In times of sadness try to remember the good times, the love of skiing he has passed down to the rest of the family and have a tearful toast to him at the top of the highest mountains he so loved.

We did meet in La Tania for a beer a few years back. It just makes you think what its all about doesn't it Sad
snow report
Sorry, read little of the site and sadly missed this, just spotted.

met Spyderman at a pre Christmas ski event in Tignes. He was a complete gent and made sure, as it wasn't an official group of snowheads, that anyone and everyone got involved. Lovely guy.
snow report
My sincere condolences to the family and loved ones of Spyderman. So unfortunate for not knowing him even for a while, but I feel how great his sense of humor are. I know you'll be happier now. Keep shredding on the most beautiful place of God!
snow report
Ski those fluffy clouds in heaven well SpiderMan. Life is very unfair sometimes, at least you lived yours to the full. RIP
latest report
So sorry to hear this.

Brett - RIP mate.

I'm still wearing the POC helmet that I got from you years ago when I was at Hemel. I'll be thinking of you when I next wear it.
snow conditions
Haven't been on here for a while so somewhat shocked to see this news. Lovely guy, met him at Hemel, condolences to the family
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy