Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Team GB winter sports may get funding boost for 2018 Olympics

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
After winning more medals in the Winter Olympics than they have since the first winter games in 1924, UK Sports have promised Team GB winter sports a funding boost. Over the past 4 years, 6 winter sports shared a fund of £13.4 million. That fund could now be increased for the 2018 Winter Olympics....UK Sport chief Liz Nicholl has said: "I can't say what the investment will be from sport-to-sport as we'll discuss that with them over the coming weeks and months, but I am anticipating more investment in winter sport."

See: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/winter-olympics/26315057
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
And just maybe if BSS gets any it will give our skiers and borders some support.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
And just maybe if BSS gets any it will give our skiers and borders some support!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Although our lads and lassies did well I just hope that not all the additional funding goes to curling.... wink Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Although our lads and lassies did well I just hope that not all the additional funding goes to curling....

This is my big fear - was an interesting article in the Sunday Times about how targetting investment is at the detriment of the wider sports and likening the massive investment in certain sports as to what the GDR did with drugs. Admittedly the article was designed to get a reaction but i would like us to distribute the funding more widely so that its more in keeping with the Olympic ethos, but just cant see that happening as the BOA seemingly just wants to chase medals
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Wonder what would happen to any Curling funding from BOA if Scotland voted for independence? Where would BOA/BSS target the funding to win the 50% of the medal winners they have just lost, it would not be curling with the minimal facilities in England , Wales and Northern Ireland. Equally as important, would an independant Scotland make the funds funds available to maintain at least the same level of funding to develop future world class athletes. (Oh and I am firmly in the NO camp)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Emily Sarsfield on Radio 5 live now as part of the Monday Sports Panel. Be interesting if there is any discussion regarding her situation.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Scot_Ski wrote:
Wonder what would happen to any Curling funding from BOA if Scotland voted for independence?

I guess Scotland's O.A would have to fund themselves from their own National Lottery as the UK National lottery might well regard funding for Scottish projects as Lost causes instead of Good ones.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
halfhand wrote:
Emily Sarsfield on Radio 5 live now as part of the Monday Sports Panel. Be interesting if there is any discussion regarding her situation.

Was there?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy