Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anybody stayed at the Etap or Ibis in Dole?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking for a new place to stay overnight when travelling down to Flaine
The Etap and Ibis in Dole are just off the motorway so look a good option.
Anybody stayed there?
If so, what were they like & how secure were they?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Stayed at the Etap Dole (ibis budget) recently. It's pretty horrible. Breakfast room way too small, some foods had run out, and were not being restocked. Security of the compund-it's gated. Buffalo Grill across the road for food. I didn't write a review, but my OH did. He wrote something similar to 35 Euro room with a 65 Euro price tag. Do check online reviews before you book. Crossed it off my list. From recollection the Ibis Dole has a fairly robust set of reviews as well. May as well stay in Dijon Sud, much more choice.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Have used both at Bourg en Bresse if it helps. Etap is now ibis budget I think which we prefer as it is cheaper, just been renovated and opposite a very reasonable restaurant. Also adjacent to a retail park with supermarket/fuel and an Intersport amongst other shops. You will be in Flaine in a couple of hours (ish).
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks Basil - might try there instead - was it secure?
I'll be loaded up with some electrical stuff for the flat & don't want to have to lug it into a hotel
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've stayed at the Best Western in Bourg en B - which was fine and had a most fine chicken restaurant....
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
janner, As with most of the Ibis Budgets I have stayed at they are located on/adjacent to out-of-town retail park so are on newish developments with good facilities but set aside from any main pedestrian access or traffic. The one at B-e-B is in a gated compound with pedestrian access to the neighbouring restaurant, with the gates being locked at around 2300 so only guests cas access by ringing a bell. I transport my skis using a sportube which I do take off and bring to the room but many of the visitors cars keep their skis in their cars which always seem to be there when we leave early AM. The reception is manned 24 hours and I think there may be CCTV coverage too, we never take all of our stuff out of our car, just an overnight bag and laptops etc. If you are lucky you can park directly outside reception. We feel very happy staying there and some rooms overlook the car park.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
janner, ...we've given up using Formule 1 and etap etc. We now use B+B hotel chain for drive in-sleep-breakfast-drive out - especially as they have 3-bed and 4-bed rooms, which is great for a family. Very basic but with very low price to match. For work I stay in some up market hotels so I have pretty high standards - but B+B hotels now value for money and fit for purpose. We eat in a nice restaurant on the way there for compensation (use the michelin guide) - although my partner now makes good rocket and parmesan and parma ham sandwiches which the kids and we scoff in the car - we're THAT posh.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The Holiday Inn in Dijon was good recently...undergoing some refurb externally but inside was very nice.

Secure parking....Tram stop right outstide for a 5 min hop into the town centre for dinner.

Very civilised
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
B+B Hotels for me as well and for the same reasons as valais2,
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy