Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Rosiere late in the season

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have planned a ski trip to Les Arcs over the Easter holiday and fancy calling over to La Rosiere for a day trip. AFAIAA they there is no lift pass shearing between the two resorts so I'm thinking of getting two 3 day passes for Les Arcs and taking a day over the border. We did this a couple of years ago and had a good time avoiding the tarmac on the way down to La Thule, but what I ould like to know from those who ski La Rosiere regularly just how bad does the snow get late in the season.

Of course if it bad when we are there we will just keep driving up to Tignes.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
it is South facing and although it usually has lots of snow it can get very soft by lunchtime in April
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Do you mean you're planning to ski 3 days in Les Arc, 1 in La Rosiere, then 3 more in Les Arcs?
If so wouldn't you be cheaper just buying a 7 day pass for Les Arcs and not using a day?

(sorry, that doesn't answer your question).
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@johnE,

Based in Ste Foy and always enjoy the trip to Italy for the day Easter hols . We normally like to ski a first hour La Rosiere side as it's in the sun then make our way over to La Thuile . la Thuile is mostly North facing and the snow would be better later in the day , expect a slush fest on your return once back in France .
There was already a lot of snow on the Italian side before the recent falls so expect I conditions should be good up to the close
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
swiftoid wrote:
Do you mean you're planning to ski 3 days in Les Arc, 1 in La Rosiere, then 3 more in Les Arcs?
If so wouldn't you be cheaper just buying a 7 day pass for Les Arcs and not using a day?

(sorry, that doesn't answer your question).

But it's an important and true point. And it gets even more bizarre, if you were only buying a les arcs pass:

price for 1 day 50 euros
price for 2 days 100 euros (bargain)
price for 3 days 154 euros (wow, what a saving....)

(if you don't believe me: http://en.lesarcs.com/ski-pass-arcs-peisey-vallandry.html)
(but surely you'll be buying a paradiski?)
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@swiftoid, Yes, thanks for the suggestion. Your idea appears to be 1.50 euro cheeper and I can go out on the afternoon I arrive in Les Arcs as well as have a day in La Plagne (but I am not looking forward to that return ski)

@Rob Mackley, That is more or less what we did last time we went over and I was actually impressed we could get down to La Thule, but Easter was much earlier then.

I have just checked the La Rosiere opening dates and the resort closes at the end of the Easter week.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Why?

The price for 2 3 day passes in Les Arcs is cheeper than a 7 day pass, but for Paradiski 2 seperate 3 days passes is cheeper. I suppose the difference in price is that a 3 day Les Arcs pass includes a day free in La Plagne, (well actually it costs you 4 euro). So 2 3 day passes gives 2 days in La Plagne as oppposed to 1 on a 7 day pass, a feature I don't actually need.

I beleive Dillbert coined the correct phrase "a confusopoly"
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
johnE wrote:
Quote:

Why?

Because a paradiski gives you such flexibility and doesn't cost much more 299euros V 328 euros for 7 days

I think you missed the point.

A 3 day les arcs pass is more expensive than a 2day plus a 1 day!
Whether you bought les arcs or paradiski passes a 7 days is cheaper than 2X3day.
336E V 328E or 308E V 299E 8 or 9 Euros in your pocket and a lot more convenient
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just a quick response on conditions: I skiied La Thuile on Thursday, thinking it would be good, but it was pretty poor - very badly groomed pistes, lots of random bits of uphill, and too warm for any off-piste at all. Plus mostly slow lifts. Although I did have a nice lunch!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Lizard1922, agreed. Our first day was last Tuesday, brilliant fun in the new snow, couldn't believe how quickly it changed Wednesday onwards, nearly went back bottom over tit a few times when getting lower down and the snow turned to glue . Lot of flat bits for us boarders too which wasn't great, but I did like the area on the whole
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Does a 6 day (or longer) Les Arcs pass give a discount for a La Rosier or Grand Bernard day pass? It used to be 35% off if you had a 6 day (or longer) Espace Killy pass.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

Does a 6 day (or longer) Les Arcs pass give a discount for a La Rosier or Grand Bernard day pass? It used to be 35% off if you had a 6 day (or longer) Espace Killy pass.

Hi Kenzie,
Those resorts are facing each other on each side of the Isère but they don't have tarification agreement and are not physically linked.
But it's worth spending a day in La Rosière and down to La Thuile, it offers good ski and the whole place is beautiful.

For those who want to ski in Tarentaise in April, I'm just back from La Rosière and conditions were very good at the begonning but getting worse each day, due to wind, sun and unusually high temperatures.
Mid-march snow conditions were similar to mid-april usual conditions...
It would be safer to go to Tignes, or Arcs 1950/2000 unless a snow storm happens quickly, but even there, snow conditions will get poorer as temperatures are getting higher.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy