Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

HEAD HEATED SKI BOOT BAG

Poster: A snowHead
Two arrived this morning. Real kit p*rn.....
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
RobW, did you order via the basi deal? I did a few weeks back and apart from email not heard anything nor paid anything!!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kitenski, Yes I did. But I did have to query the order as they'd not been in touch (just replied to the confirmation) and James@Amer replied and said he'd not received my original order. If you don't get any joy, send me a PM and I'll dig out his email address.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
So I got my 2x 12V Thermic boot warmers yesterday from SnowInn, and tested all good. Great solution for £35 including a 12v splitter from Amazon so I can run both from the point in the boot. Very pleased - highly recommended.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Some good deals/ products on here:-

http://www.outletinn.com/index.php?action=listado_productos_subfamilia&idioma=eng&id_campana=113
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Markymark29, that's a bit confusing, the 'dry fast' Alpenheat model takes 4-8 hours, the cheaper Alpenheat version takes two hours???? Am I missing something?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
the atomic ones look identical to the Head bag that arrived at home today.... gets pretty hot i must say but as per all bags could be just a touch bigger.. very well made and should last ages
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
They are I think made by Skigear.us and rebranded. My atomic one is big enough for me to get a weeks ski gear in and is exactly the same as the one on the skigear site, except it has atomic all over it. And yes it does get hot and CEM confirmed to me that if you have custom footbeds you shouldn't run in on the HOT setting.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Having used this for the first time today I'd almost consider paying the full retail price! I took the bag with boots/&c in place into the office this morning, plugged it in and set it on "dry". End of the day, unplugged it and put it in the boot of the car plugged into the socket there. An hour or so later turned up at the plastic slope, and the boots and (zipfit) inners were incredibly warm and supple: the boots went on by far the easiest they have ever done.

I just look forward to using it in more alpine temperatures.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I suffer from cold feet all the time, never mind in alpine temperatures, so I've been looking at all the dryer/warmer options including bags.

I'll be staying somewhere that's a bus ride from the slopes though so wouldn't be able to plug it in after leaving the hotel. How long do the boots stay warm after you switch it off do you reckon please? Thanks.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

CEM confirmed to me that if you have custom footbeds you shouldn't run in on the HOT setting.

Hmm. that bears repeating, doesn't it?

The Atomic one seems to be hard to get. Someone said earlier they are bigger, but maybe not?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
does anyone foresee any issues taking these bags as hand luggage on planes? Just concerned about security not liking all the wiring etc
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

does anyone foresee any issues taking these bags as hand luggage on planes? Just concerned about security not liking all the wiring etc

Good question.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I have had no problems with oodles of camera gear, laptops and all he associated chargers so I see no reason to worry on that front. The worst that could happen is they make you open it after the security scan.

Wellbo the worst that could happen is they make you check it in but can't see it being likely.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
HelenS wrote:
How long do the boots stay warm after you switch it off do you reckon please? Thanks.
They cool down quite quickly when you get in or on the snow. If you suffer from cold feet and want to stop them getting excessively cold all day I'd say a pair of boot heaters are a better option than a heated boot bag.
ski holidays
Rob; do you bring the bag to Hemel with you ? Would like a look before parting with dosh to the boss!
latest report
scooby_simon, yes. I'm there all day Saturday and Sunday afternoon if you're around.
snow report
I'm in all day Sunday; but full on all day; are you in during the week Rob? Simplest question; does the bag fit in one of the lockers?
latest report
scooby_simon, I'm in on Monday, from about 9am until 5pm.

The bag does fit in the Hemel lockers, with a bit of a squeeze.
ski holidays
Rob; Monday is my day off! Will catch up Sunday if I have time.
snow conditions
pam w wrote:
Quote:

CEM confirmed to me that if you have custom footbeds you shouldn't run in on the HOT setting.

Hmm. that bears repeating, doesn't it?

The Atomic one seems to be hard to get. Someone said earlier they are bigger, but maybe not?

The atomic one comes in couple of of sizes, I have the large pro-race bag, an example of the full range of bags can be seen here www.skigearbag.com but not all the versions seem to be available in rebranded (atomic et al) form.

Incidentally I have bought a second heat pad which I can put in another bag or I suppose even use it as a bed warmer should I choose Very Happy
latest report
Just to let you know I got my Head heated boot bag from Snowinn last week. It took about six week from order. I found Snowinn very slow to respond to emails and only when I ask to cancel the order I was told it had been sent.

The bag is great lots of packet to put stuff in, much bigger than my old boot bag and looks very well made almost worth the money

I may have saved about £20.00 but I wish I had now got the bag from Edge & Wax or CEM would have been a lot less hassle and your supporting British retailers
snow report
scooby_simon wrote:
I'm in all day Sunday; but full on all day; are you in during the week Rob? Simplest question; does the bag fit in one of the lockers?

I've been taking mine to Hemel since it opened, as Rob says its a tight squeeze in the lockers and as a result some of the bag's piping has suffered.

I've taken it several times as cabin baggage on both EasyJet & BA with no issues.
ski holidays
Had a look at Rob's bag resterday. Looks like a very good bit of kit. Maybe added to the Christmas list....
ski holidays
The atomic bag doesn't fit into overhead compartment on ba short haul unless you take the thick BASI manual out of the side pockets then it just fits. I doubt it would fit into one of the test baskets at check in though!!
ski holidays
anyone else flown with theirs? Off with Monarch early Jan and reckoning it meets their size requirements (just!)
latest report
kitenski, Flown with the HEAD bag several times, BA & EJ
ski holidays
Spyderman, cheers, sounds promising then, sizes don't look too dissimilar....

Head - Size: 45cm x 28cm x 45cm
Atomic SIZE: 25 X 43 X 28 CM
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
dumb question but when the bag is plugged into car 12v what is the heat setting, full hot or middle or ??
latest report
good question, i will rtfm in the morning, not sure it says, but do think it shows current draw so can make an assumption.
latest report
the manual says 12v runs at 55w and the 240v runs at 90w (i will assume thats the high setting) so would guess that the 12v is somewhere above around the warm setting. Drop a question to skigear.us they will know the answer.
latest report
ansta1, thanks, I binned the manual but was told not to use hot setting with my footbeds as they may deform, good to know car setting is middle.. cheers
ski holidays
skimottaret wrote:
ansta1, thanks, I binned the manual but was told not to use hot setting with my footbeds as they may deform, good to know car setting is middle.. cheers

not a problem, i cant guarantee what setting it will actually be, i have dropped a noe to skigear to see if they can answer the question. I cant use my bag or second heat pad (which i put in a generic ski bag) on hot due to my liners and footbeds.
ski holidays
Just a head's up to those of you using the ciggie lighter option. If you've just got a '12v Power' marked outlet that's the one to use. Less (ahem) 'upmarket' vehicles don't wire their fag lighters for that level of current draw . . . seen some 'interesting' results with cooked wires under the dashboard Twisted Evil
ski holidays
Got mine a couple of days ago. Nice bit of kit.

Advsied by CEM to only run it at 50C for boots that have had work done/custom footbeds.

Does the job; nice warm boots to put on before work.
latest report
Adding to my Christmas list. Much handier than sticking boots on the radiator to dry out and clouting oneself on the head in the barge past for the loo Very Happy
snow conditions
Rossignol are doing a heated boot bag this year as well.
snow report
for the most part they are all made by hot gear bag and then branded for the company head, rossignol atomic etc, from past experience we wouldn't stock any of them that wern't make by hot gear
snow report
Just got my Atomic Redster FIS heated bag from Snowinn as I couldn't find anywhere in the UK that had it in stock, its the 65l version so way too big for carry on but big enough to fit the kids boots in and save the fights over who gets the thermic heaters in their boots so good for my sanity! Seems a very good bag and a good price if slightly slow delivery from Snowinn.
snow report
I believe that some snowheads have managed to get the bigger bag on as hand luggage. I have the same but have never tried. Still prefer my heated bag over heated racks or other driers and warmers.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy