Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

HEAD HEATED SKI BOOT BAG

Poster: A snowHead
Kel, I've got the remote control version which avoids that problem Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rob@rar wrote:
Kel, I've got the remote control version which avoids that problem Very Happy

There speaks a man with a heated boot bag and remote controlled boot warmers and I thought I liked toys snowHead

If you are using them all season long as you do, why not.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I bought the boot heaters after getting frostbite. Good purchase, but I wished I'd done it earlier.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Kel wrote:
rob@rar,

I think the design of the battery packs is flawed, they can quite easily go onto the highest setting or even off just from the vibration through the boot. I always secure the position of the setting with a small strip of pre-cut gaffer tape.

+1 for this, I once managed to brand the soles of my feet as the flippin slider switch had moved itself to position 3 Mad
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sarah wrote:
Kel wrote:
rob@rar,

I think the design of the battery packs is flawed, they can quite easily go onto the highest setting or even off just from the vibration through the boot. I always secure the position of the setting with a small strip of pre-cut gaffer tape.

+1 for this, I once managed to brand the soles of my feet as the flippin slider switch had moved itself to position 3 Mad

Painful isn't it. On one occasion it happened to me I had to pull over on the spot and release my boot clips and arch my soles for about 15 minutes, it was that hot. They really are too hot on setting 3, imagine if it was a child that did not know what had happened it would literally burn their feet. As I say the design is flawed, but still I wouldn't be without them, just remember the gaffer tape.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Had an email from snowinn.com - my order is being cancelled and refunded. It seems there are very few, if any, places with those bags in stock.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w, not many seem to come to the UK. We ordered ours direct from Head UK as part of the deal we have with them, and even then the first time we tried to buy some they didn't have any available that year. Guess there's not much of a market for £100+ ski bags.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just to say, had an email from the company today, saying the Atomic boot bag has been despatched.
Given tracking number too.
Should receive withing a week. Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
spud, good. Maybe they had the Atomic ones in stock, but not the Head version. rob@rar, it seems odd that people will spend £500 on a jacket and £100 on sunglasses but not £100 to ensure warm, well fitting ski boots! I'd like my Zipfits to feel as comfortable in the first ten minutes as they do later in the day!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
spud, let me know if the Atomic one has a car adapter????
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
kitenski, according to this German site, yes. My German's not up to much but "oder in Auto" seems clear enough.....

http://www.ski-andmore.de/atomic-redster-heatable-bootbag-beheizbare-tasche-2013/skitaschen-skibags/skischuhtaschen-bootbag/unisex-skischuhtaschen/a-110908/

I'm now trying to buy one from snowinn but they are not taking my credit card details (I've checked with my bank and there are no problems with the card). I guess I'm just not destined to get one of these bags.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Elston,

those are very odd - I've never seen anyone use them. I'd be curious to hear if they work, especially for powder
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I have a much cheaper version.... Thermic boot warmers and a cool bag.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
All the bags are made by Hot Gear so have 240v ac 12v dc
On their web site they don’t list the Atomic bag so must be new this year as all the other ones are listed
Classic 25 x 43 x38cm 40 L on the Snowwin site
Ajax 25 x 33 x 29cm 25 L CEM has them in stock or did have
Pro 25 x 43 x 58cm not seen this for sale in Europe
Atomic 25 x 43 x 28cm 49 L

How’s that work then the classic is has the bigger dimensions than the Atomic but the smaller capacity Puzzled
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The Head one seems to be available from Ventura. Also Ski Racing Supplies have stocked the Hot Gear own brand ones in the past.
snow conditions
Mosha Marc wrote:
Boot warmers. One of the best tips I've had was to buy some. I did. I wish I'd done it sooner.

Cool
ski holidays
I too love my boot warmers. The shells dry perfectly adequately in a warm hotel bedroom or, at home post-Hemel, at the bottom of my airing cupboard.
ski holidays
I've had the HEAD heated bag for 3 years now, still going strong. I'd love to have heated insoles in my boots, as my feet freeze, but sadly no room for them. Sad
latest report
It arrived this morning and it's awesome...bigger than i thought. Very quick turnaround...so very happy Very Happy
snow report
spud wrote:
It arrived this morning and it's awesome...bigger than i thought. Very quick turnaround...so very happy Very Happy

Thought i'd go to the trouble of showing how good this bag is, as photos and descriptions don't do it justice.
The quality is very high with good stitching, material and fasteners.
3 carry handles...grip,Diagonal over shoulder, and ruck sack style over both shoulders. All detatchable with hidden pocket.
Pockets... 14 all of various sizes. Shocked 2 lined for goggles. Cool
Extendable Helmet pocket, that turns into heated foot platform, for placing socked foot on in the snow when putting boots on. snowHead Cool
I lead for in car heating. I lead with 3 settings for heating at home.
I've photographed to give you some idea of what can be packed.
I've only filled the large boot area and helmet area...haven't put anything in the 14 pockets yet.
Hope you get a better idea from the photos...
Wouldn't normally do this, but this is a lovely bit of kit, well made and well worth the money imho. Razz

ski holidays
spud, thanks for the pics!

So can this be used to dry out boots and liners overnight without taking the liners out, or is it really aimed at just pre-warming boots in the morning/before a race???

I currently have a set of thermic bootwarmers I just chuck into the liner overnight...

cheers,

Greg
ski holidays
just ordered one, looks good. Two questions that aren't answered as of yet....

Will it keep my vin chaud warm?
can i heat up a pastie or sausage roll, if so how long does it take?
ski holidays
kitenski, Hey Greg,

It has an overnight setting for drying out boots, gloves, socks etc. There are various settings. Another hot one for in the morning before you go to the slopes to warm everything up.
So drying and warm up settings of various temps. it's aimed at eveyone.
The only boots it won't do without an adjustment are the Fischer Vacumm.
ski holidays
spud, ta! Last question, hand luggage size /security friendly or not??
snow conditions
kitenski, Think it will depend how much you put in it, as it will fold into the hand luggage check baskets no problem. If carrying boots, gloves and a few odds n ends...then no problem.
latest report
spud, cheers, just ordered one............doesn't look like it has a UK plug though, or did it come with an adapter??
snow conditions
spud, kitenski, Think I must be missing something here, am puzzled - I have a a set of Thermic bootwarmers which cost me £10 and I take my liners out every night and stick the warmers in, when in my room. Gloves on the window cill, never had an issue. Are we talking about putting this in the car boot with ski boots in so that when you arrive at the lift carpark your boots are still warm rather than getting cool on route? If so I can see it, but not a £100 bag for which a cheap set of bootwarmers do the trick??
latest report
Markymark29 wrote:
Are we talking about putting this in the car boot with ski boots in so that when you arrive at the lift carpark your boots are still warm rather than getting cool on route?
Yes, that's the idea.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Markymark29, have you ever left a pair of plug boots in the car overnight and found you couldnt get em on no matter what you tried wink
latest report
Markymark29, you've not yet driven to Scotland/Yad Moss/or AN other resort and tried to put freezing cold boots on in the car park that have been in the boot in -10 conditions then Smile
latest report
kitenski wrote:
....doesn't look like it has a UK plug though, or did it come with an adapter??

If you want to use it in the UK just get something like this.
snow report
skimottaret, rob@rar, kitenski, Yes have done it a few times, not a pleasurable experience - been there a few times in Avoriaz (Bottom of big cable car up, -20C in shady freezing carpark), Zurs (many times) and also at Argentiere, no fun dancing about the carpark and almost snapping your feet off. I can see it now, good idea. I have driven round to Zurs a few times from St Anton in sub-zero temperatures with ski boots thrown in freezing boot and wished I had warm boots. Might be tempted.

Can you get 2 pairs of ski boots in?
ski holidays
Markymark29 wrote:
skimottaret, rob@rar, kitenski, Yes have done it a few times, not a pleasurable experience - been there a few times in Avoriaz (Bottom of big cable car up, -20C in shady freezing carpark), Zurs (many times) and also at Argentiere, no fun dancing about the carpark and almost snapping your feet off. I can see it now, good idea. I have driven round to Zurs a few times from St Anton in sub-zero temperatures with ski boots thrown in freezing boot and wished I had warm boots. Might be tempted.

Can you get 2 pairs of ski boots in?

Nah just put them on in the nice warm hotel and drive to the lift car park in them, or alternatively always stay in ski-in/ski-out accom..... snowHead
snow conditions
spud, Do you reckon that I'd get 2 pairs of ski boots in the one you bought? Can you remind me where you bought it and price, trying to unravel the above aint easy! wink
ski holidays
You'd get two pairs in at a push. You'd have to cram them in at all angles. One pair fits nicely in the bottom. I bought them from Snowinn.
snow report
Just sorted my solution at the weekend, I didnt really need a posh bag..........I got a £3.20 Amazon 12V 2 way adapter for the car boot takeoff, and 2x 12V Thermic boot heaters, Snowinn £42 delivered. Boots inside an old M&S thermal bag in the boot as a warming oven! Transfer from the 230V boot warmers in the room to the 12V Car boot versions will be the only temperature drop!

Sorted - No more cold feet for me and OH in carparks........... happy days! Very Happy
ski holidays
Markymark29, nice one mark, let us know how it works out after your next trip!
latest report
If they had designed the Atomic bag to adapt into a good day sack, I would get one in a shot but my feet overheat and loosen up my liners too much so the heating bit of this 'bag-uation' is of limited use to me. Pity, it looks good.
ski holidays
kitenski, Will do!
latest report
For those who qualify, you can get the Atomic version via the BASI instructor offers for a decent (not fantastic) price.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy