Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

HEAD HEATED SKI BOOT BAG

Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone used a heated ski boot bag and how do they compare to other boot dryers like the thermic air
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Glen Charman, had the HEAD heated bag for almost 3 years, it works perfectly and it's tough too. 3 settings for heat and you can plug it into the car too. Just buy it.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Warm boots rock! Heated boot bag doesn't seem a bad way of doing it though I haven't tried one, but I would think anything that warms boots has to be up there, I use a thermic boot drier/heater overnight, but a bag sounds great if you have to take them any distance prior to putting them on.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Never knew they existed .... now where's my Christmas list?? Toofy Grin

Kersh
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Glen Charman, the advantage of the heated bag over the dryers is that it warms the shells as well as drying everything, makes boots easy to put on especially if there is a zipfit or foam liner involved

the head one has a place for goggles, gloves/socks a mat to stand on (which gets warmed too as it is located in a pocket at the bottom of the bag) rucksack straps an expanding helmet mesh etc etc runs on 220-240volt + 12volt for the car
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

the head one has a place for goggles, gloves/socks a mat to stand on (which gets warmed too as it is located in a pocket at the bottom of the bag) rucksack straps an expanding helmet mesh etc etc runs on 220-240volt + 12volt for the car

mmm. Sounds great. http://www.snowinn.com/ski-store/head-ski-boot-bag-heatable-220v-12-13/34722/p?utm_source=google_products&utm_medium=merchant&id_producte=179390

£106. Are they cheaper anywhere else?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
That looks pretty cheap. I am sure you have checked and they all look to be around £120.....maybe go for it and if you do give us a review as I like the sound of it.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
They're £98 now; just ordered one.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I bought one in an end of season sale in Breck last Easter, I had been after one for a while (well since the -22 at Pre La Joux car park in Feb actually) and so when it was there in the sale I couldn't resist Toofy Grin It's an Athalon one and looks really good. Roll on Winter snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I needed a new bag, so went for the Atomic heated bag instead. 9 litres bigger and same price...also can be used as handluggage. Same price as the Head bag. Also googled discount promo code and found one...got further 5% off. Looks a good deal... Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
geeeez.... Man the fsck up Very Happy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

a place for goggles, gloves/socks a mat to stand on (which gets warmed too as it is located in a pocket at the bottom of the bag) rucksack straps an expanding helmet mesh etc etc runs on 220-240volt + 12volt for the car

Does it play a tune as well?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
feef wrote:

Obviously never tried to put cold race boots on then?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Spyderman wrote:
feef wrote:

I have actually Smile
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
feef wrote:
Spyderman wrote:
feef wrote:

I have actually Smile

Kind of difficult, which is why the majority of racers on the World Cup use heated boot bags.

Dries the boots out perfectly, no bigger than a normal boot bag, no need to pack another type of drier, toasty boots in the morning, what's not to like?
ski holidays
Spyderman wrote:
feef wrote:
Spyderman wrote:
feef wrote:

I have actually Smile

Kind of difficult, which is why the majority of racers on the World Cup use heated boot bags.

Dries the boots out perfectly, no bigger than a normal boot bag, no need to pack another type of drier, toasty boots in the morning, what's not to like?

Exactly why I bought one... If it's good enough for the big boys, then it's good enough for me Very Happy
Last season in Canada I actually got frostbite...it was so damn cold.
Nothing worse than hoping around trying to get your foot in a boot that is as cold and hard as stone.
In fact a lot of Instructors in Canada use the heated footbeds, that keep warm all day. Cool
ski holidays
Glen Charman, Me and Rob just ordered some , next time we see you at Hemel can show you one in action...
snow report
and the even better news is that they measure 25 x 43 x 38 which is comfortably inside the usual 25 x 56 x 45 carry on size.
snow conditions
Quote:

they measure 25 x 43 x 38 which is comfortably inside the usual 25 x 56 x 45 carry on size.

Going to Tignes next week I plan to carry my boots in my backpack, which will go in the hold, and use the boot bag as hand baggage - just in case of any "no boots as hand baggage" rules.

I'm happy to be a wimp....
snow conditions
hmm, these do look good...anyone know if the Atomic ones come with car adapter??

http://www.atomic.com/en/Products/Alpine/Bags/Redster/REDSTER_HEATABLE_BOOTBAG_220V/AL5001022.aspx?filter=
snow report
You can buy a version of the same here on Amazon, about £30 though probably not good for hand luggage...

http://tinyurl.com/9l9w95g

Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Bode Swiller wrote:
and the even better news is that they measure 25 x 43 x 38 which is comfortably inside the usual 25 x 56 x 45 carry on size.

Except Ryanair who of course have a smaller limit of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm so could struggle.
latest report
Boot warmers.

One of the best tips I've had was to buy some. I did. I wish I'd done it sooner.
snow report
Well.... the website said it was in stock, and I paid extra for 24 hour courier delivery, but now they say it won't be into their warehouse till October 10 and the contact number doesn't answer. I've sent an email to cancel.

So - don't anybody order anything from that link I posted above..........(snowinn)

I paid on a debit card and it's already gone out of my account. Sad

I'm hoping my email will bear fruit.
snow conditions
spud, where did you order yours from?
snow conditions
pam w, I oredered from thesame shop.

However mine was the Atomic bag and not the Head.

Went for normal P&P. Money hasn't gone out of my account yet.

Go on the site and see the tracking section. You'll see where you stand then.

It all looks ok to me...
ski holidays
pam w wrote:
Well.... the website said it was in stock, and I paid extra for 24 hour courier delivery, but now they say it won't be into their warehouse till October 10 and the contact number doesn't answer. I've sent an email to cancel.

So - don't anybody order anything from that link I posted above..........(snowinn)

I paid on a debit card and it's already gone out of my account. Sad

I'm hoping my email will bear fruit.

A couple of friends of mine had a similar experience with Snowinn recently. Items were in stock when they ordered(in August) and then they were given an estimated delivery date of mid September. Had similar issues with the phone as well, they kept hanging up on them when they spoke English (Spanish company)
snow conditions
Similar experiences here...if in stock ok...if not...a bit of a wait...

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php/230871-Anybody-Order-Gear-from-Snowinn-com
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Controlling stock levels on interweb sites is never easy. How many "baskets" never get converted into sales. I believe it's in the region of 80%. Many many sites show stock in baskets as still available until you actually click checkout. This can lead to disappointment, although this probably isn't the case here.
snow conditions
I love gadgets, but why a heated a boot bag. Surely it is only good for for the first 20 minutes or so after the boots have been taken out of the bag, what about the rest of the day Puzzled.

I do like nice toasty feet which is why I use thermic heaters, which last all day, surely a better option than a heated bag.

Am I missing something Puzzled
snow report
Kel, some boots are much more difficult than others to put on if they're cold. Having warm, and dry, boots makes a big difference in the morning.

For the rest of the day you can fit boot heaters if you suffer cold feet.
ski holidays
rob@rar,

Yes sure, but personally I always make sure my boots are warm and dry in the morning and have never needed a heated bag to achieve this. But then again I tend to stop in places where this is a no faff procedure, I.e. heated boot racks.

I guess they do have there place but for the 1 or 2 week a year skier who stops in regular accommodation, I do not see a need for them and I love gadgets, just not sold on these.
latest report
Kel, Don't buy one if you don't need it.

One use of them is to keep boots warm in a car if you are driving somewhere to ski. If I'm doing this I am on my own so can just put my boots in the passenger footwell, it wouldn't be as easy with a full car.
latest report
Trust me...getting your foot into a Plug Race boot in the morning, when your still half asleep and not warmed up is not much fun.

These bags are more for Racers who are practicing and putting their boots on either in the car park or at the top of the hill.

Or for your recreational skier doing the same in the car park.

Once your boot's comfortably on, it's possible to retain heat in the inner boot. Even with a thin liner.

But you do want the shell to get cold again, as it will retain it's stiffness.
snow report
Kel, heated boot racks arent recommended for certain liners and footbeds
snow report
Kel, OK if you can guarantee suitable places to warm & dry your boots, but this isn't always the case. With a heated bag all you need is a power point.

I killed a pair of custom foot beds with commercial heated boot racks. They can be a bit fierce.
ski holidays
rob@rar,

Yes I am kind of getting it now, like I said "am I missing something".

With regards to fierce heat, thermic warmers on the highest setting, OUCH.
snow report
Kel, yes, the high setting on the thermic heaters is too hot for even the coldest temperatures I've skied in.
ski holidays
I bought one of those for flowa. Its a great bit of kit.

I got given a pair of these for christmas last year: http://www.rei.com/product/679011/bootglove
Its not been cold enough to use them yet but I'll give them a try when it is.
latest report
rob@rar,

I think the design of the battery packs is flawed, they can quite easily go onto the highest setting or even off just from the vibration through the boot. I always secure the position of the setting with a small strip of pre-cut gaffer tape.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy