Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hochsolden Single Chair

Poster: A snowHead
The old single chair from Solden to Hochsolden has now closed. I believe work has started on a replacement. Does anybody know what sort of lift it will be?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I haven't been able to find anything (in the German alpinforum.com) confirming that the lift will be replaced. As far as I can see, you will have to rely on the Giggijochbahn or the road to get up to Hochsölden.

For Sölden fans, this thread, though the text is in German, has many Sölden photos, especially of older lifts.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Peter Wright, I think it has been closed for a couple of seasons now and read somewhere that work has started on a new replacement. I think Stanton or someone else put up a link to the St Anton thread a few days ago.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Are there any other single chair lifts? I seem to remember Mr Pink taking us on one on the SBB8.
snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Chris Wood741, Glencoe, Glenshee.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Zillertal (can't quite remember where, maybe Ramsau?) and in my backyard here on the Samerberg
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Chris Wood741 wrote:
Are there any other single chair lifts? I seem to remember Mr Pink taking us on one on the SBB8.
snowHead snowHead snowHead

That was at Cinque Torrii wasn't it? However when I took another group there one day on this year's bash, I found that it has been replaced by a new moving carpet entry 2 seater chair. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Samerberg Sue wrote:
Zillertal (can't quite remember where, maybe Ramsau?) and in my backyard here on the Samerberg

Yes I think you're right about the one at Ramsau. I remember using a very unusual one at Schladming which after a bit went through a short tunnel in the hillside Shocked before climbing up more steeply, but I've been told that it's is no longer in use.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Sun 24-06-12 7:50; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Is the two-way single seater to/from the top of Sauze D'Oulx to the Sestriere gondola still working ?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Alastair Pink, I remember that one but I'm pretty sure it is gone. Didn't it connect a part of Hochwürzen with the Planai system? I suppose the Golden Jet (snigger snigger) has replaced it in part!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Alastair Pink, the tunnel lift and the second stage in Schladming were two seaters in 2004 and as Samerberg Sue said a gondola has replaced both.

There is still one single chair on the lower part of the Kellerjoch above Schwaz in the Inntal. Crystal sold it as Hochpillberg or Kolsass/Weer many years ago.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Niseko of Japan does one similar. The genuine article has to be no cross bar and no foot rest.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Niseko

ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Cool. Not only does that not have a foot rest or a crossbar, it only just has a back rest. Almost a single seater stool lift. Laughing
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
128 single seat chairlifts worldwide listed on lift-world
ski holidays
There was one in Foppolo a few years ago
snow report
I really enjoyed that Niseko chair. Near the top you often get blasted by a strong wind so the locals just swivel round so the wind isn't in their face.
snow report
spyderjon wrote:
I really enjoyed that Niseko chair.
Not least because of what you get to ski from the top of it Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy