Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Food costs in Alpe d'Huez

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all!

Not been around for a while but I'm pleased to say me, him indoors and 8 year old son are off to Alpe d'Huez at Easter Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I'm trying to figure out how much spending money I'll need. We're half board so we'll really just need lunch money and beer money. Can anyone give me a rough average price for lunch on the mountain please? It's 3 years since I last skied and I've not been to AdH before so I've no idea how much things cost nowadays! Also how much is a pint of local lager?

Thanks in advance!

Kathy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I was amazed how expensive the place was in comparison with Val d' some years ago. A coffee last week in Val d' was 3.5 to 5.0 depending where bought, a coke 4.0, oueff frits (I’m veg) was anything from 6.5 nice off mountain, to 10 on mountain. Mars 2.5 . I would count on that being about the same in A d’ i dont drink so beer ?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

Mars 2.5

That's one thing you definitely don't have to spend much money on. Take a few bags of special offer mini choc bars from Tesco. Or even maxi choc bars, 3 or 4 for a £1.

Eye-watering coffee prices too. Shocked
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
dbaskls, depends where you eat. Avoid the Chantebise at midstation on the DMC - the views don't make up for the prices. Chips and snacks at the Lac Blanc at the bottom of the DMC are better value. The Plage des Neiges, the Alpette, the Bergerie (Villard Reculas) and the restaurants down towards Vaujany are reasonable. There's an on-piste Thai place over at Auris, but I didn't look at the prices last time I was there.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The restaurant closest to the montfrais chair is cheep e12 for massive sandwich, nice chips and can but v limited choice. There are a couple of kiosks which do baguettes for e5 ish. Bottom and mid station DMC I think. Try not to buy drinks or choc, take those with you. Hot meal in most or the restaurants is about e12 for an oerter, pizza, pasta, steak hache.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks everyone Very Happy Looks like I'll be breaking open the money jar!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I haven't been in a couple of years but the usual rule applied in ADH like most French places - you'll get decent value (and good quality in ADH) if you go for the plat du jour. you'll get relatively stiffed if you go for choccy bars, coke and spag bog

in addition to Lizzard's recommendations, I like the pizzas at the Grange and they have been known to dish out freebie delicious home made genepi if you are nice Cool
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Arno, La Grange happy hour 2.30-3.30, arrive from Perrins, couple of large Leffes, toddle off down Alpette Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Im doing a season out in ADH but to be honest I never eat out. Ever.

Got a coffee once and it was about 3.50 euros...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

Im doing a season out in ADH but to be honest I never eat out. Ever.

I should hope not you'd be getting paid FAR too much if you could afford to eat out on the slopes all season! Twisted Evil
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
By planning carefully and shopping local, fruits and veggies can help reduce your grocery spending budget. A grocery budget should consist of some fruits and veggies. Spending a little extra on your produce can really help cut down your long-term grocery spending budget. In fact, if you eat more fruits and vegetables, your grocery bills will go down. Your body will be more satisfied because of its fibers and natural sugars and you waste less food as well. Less waste means more value out of every dollar in your fridge.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
drewanderson, with a side order of SPAM, presumably.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Lizzard, good point - I've removed the link.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy