Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Booking Saalbach public bus transfer online

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello everyone,

My partner and I have decided we are going to use the public bus from Salzburg airport to Saalbach, and want to book on-line.

When I go to the www.postbus.at website to book, I get sent to the www.oebb.at website. I ahve then entered all the booking details and sent it off. Only, a day later, to receive an email telling me I can't book and will have to do it locally. When I have asked why, they tell me they can book only train tickets and that I have to go to the www.postbus.at website, which takes me back to the beginning.

Does anyone else have any experience with pre booking Austrian bus tickets online?

Is it possible to book the tickets on-line or do I need to do it on our arrival at Salzburg airport? We don't want to wait until we get there only to find we should have booked and there's no space left.

Any help much appreciated.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
nemeziss, Although I can't advise on how to pre-book, I'm sure that the Saalbach Tourist Information Centre will do what they can to assist (see www.saalbach.com). I'd be interested in how you get on - I've often wondered how the public bus would compare with the other transfer options.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The postbus routes are public busses so you pay for the bus tickets at a little machine (or the driver).

The postbus and Oebb (trains) sites work together to plot the best possible public transport route for your journey.

Don't panic about it! Just do i on the day with euro cash.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
nemeziss, I've tried that link before for another resort and it didn't work. As flangesax, says though, there is no need to book.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
flangesax, Corky, What happens then if the bus is over-subscribed? I guess a lot of people would use the bus if they could guarantee that there will be space on it and there is absolutely no risk of being stranded at the airport. OK if there is another bus coming along a little later, but that depends on the time of day or evening. Any advice greatly appreciated - I'm continually being asked about best options for airport transfers.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
few years back we just walked out of teh terminal, waited 15 mins and got on the bus - i think about 3 or 4 other people got on the bus at the same time

That was prob in March round about mid afternoon

Paid on the bus

Was much easier than getting teh train, as you need to get a bus to teh train station anyway, then travel to Zell, then get a bus to Saalbach
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
sev112, Thanks for that - I think we'll give this a go in March as we've got an early flight.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thank you for the responses
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You don't need to book the bus, treat it just as you would any bus in the UK, and pay as you get on it. There are quite a few each day, but there should be plenty of room on the bus.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
About 5 years ago we done that trip but never knew there was a bus direct to Saalbach from the airport! We took the bus into town, train to Zell and the post bus up to Saalbach. The bus from Zell was almost empty except for a few schoolkids. Even if you do miss a bus at the airport and decide not to wait around, catching the train is quite cheap. I'd suggest you contact Deutsche Baan here in their UK office - www.bahn.co.uk/i/view/GBR/en/index.shtml (phone number on that site) just to get an idea of the train fares as a backup and maybe they could also advise you about the direct post bus from the airport?
Make sure you do that long cruising blue down to Leogang.........
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Easiest for trains (and all other public transport in Austria) is the OBB website (google it). There is a English translated part too.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just found this old thread and I have a slight problem. I'm flying into Salzburg on Friday 17th Feb and land at about 8pm but there appear to be no buses or trains to Saalbach... I am alone an certainly can't afford a taxi.

Does anyone hav any bright ideas??
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
robinsrule, www.holiday-shuttle.at
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Great, thanks. Might have to hang around a couple of hours but at least I can get there!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
robinsrule, It's the standard way of getting to and from Saalbach for one or two people (3 or more would find it cheaper to book a private transfer). It's efficient and reliable and drops you at your door. They also seem happy to wait for you if it's less than about half an hour, which can be useful if your flight is due to land at about the same time as a shuttle is due to leave.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy