Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Competition - Win a week for 2 in Zermatt with Inghams!

Poster: A snowHead
nbt, No there is no mention of a time scale to claim the prize, i was just asking the question. It does seem a little unfair thought that somebody with 1 post can win a competition, and who is to say they will come back and use the forum now they have won. Mind you, if they do come back, they will have boosted there post count by 100%. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ricklovesthepowder, I don't see why it's unfair. What would you suggest as a minimum number of posts to qualify to win? If the competition was open to anyone, well it was open to anyone and we all had an equal chance of winning...

I lurk on here far more than I post and although I don't doubt the integrity of the draw system (I don't understand it either wink ) it may have been harder for some people to swallow had one of the mega posters trousered the prize..

Somebody who's never bought a lottery ticket before may win £45m tonight. I've spent thousands on lotto over the years but I can't feel bitter about it.. Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ricklovesthepowder wrote:
Pamski wrote:
Ricklovesthepowder,
Quote:

Will that be happening with this competition?
how do you know that the winner has not claimed the prize?

How do you know they have? Im just asking the question thats all.
Do I detect bickering?... how unlike Snowheads! Laughing Laughing
I expect that we will be told when the prize is claimed. Whoever get the prize, good luck to them.

I cannot understand those that suggest having 1 posting is a problem? Sourgrapes? Everyone that entered had a 1 in 734 chances of winning, so whether they have one post or thousands it's surely not an issue?
The 'what to do' if not claimed in time scenario is interesting though. No doubt admin has it in hand. Whatever happens, it's not on the scale of the failed 'Win a farm worth £500,000 New Covent Garden Soup Competition'. Toofy Grin
If it is redrawn, can the winner number = 198 ? Toofy Grin
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I guess MKValiant does not know of the win yet. Surely, he/she would have posted by now, thanking Inghams, Admin etc and telling us how thrilled/happy/gutted (if he can't go) he is. And who he is taking, how many ski holidays he has had and where he has been, why he joined snowHeads and loads of other stuff WE ALL WANT TO KNOW!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
maggi, maybe he won £45m last night and has bigger fish to fry....! snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Think this has been a very fair and well run comp, and FraserP, don't get all the fuss about the Covent Garden one, the winning code was out there, a condition of winning was enter it on the website, ovner of winning code didn't meet the conditions so didn't get the prize, isn't that how pretty much every competition works?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ricklovesthepowder wrote:
Pamski, Here is another bit of info. The winner is a Huge contributor to Snowheads 1 TOTAL POSTS??? He probably wont even know he has won it!!! Maybe a backup plan is needed to draw another person if the prize goes unclaimed?

Ricklovesthepowder, to suggest someone's postcount makes them a less worthy winner just has quite a whiff of sour grapes.

The competition was open to all registered snowHeads on the snowMail list. There was no criteria relating to minimum (or Maximum NehNeh) post counts.
Technically, the rules didn't even exclude me from entering, not that I did (just think of the scandal had I won Shocked) although in one of the Autumn draws I won a lovely snowHeads T-shirt (to go with the 150 I already have Laughing).
Such draws are meant to provide a bit of light entertainment (and mild excitement) for the forum community and a 'lovely treat' for the lucky winner - They also serve as an incentive for guests to register and estranged members, who still receive snowMails, to come back and visit the forum. Anyone who can't bear not to win without sulking is probably better off not entering!

The whole idea of the 'system' was to create a randomiser that bore up to public scrutiny.

MKValiant has been informed by PM, has responded and is very chuffed. Their details will be passed on to Inghams on Monday. Apparently, all they've ever won before is a baseball cap (so no £45m).
As nice as it would be, they are under no obligation to post publicly about their prize or their feelings about it just as no-one else is under any obligation to post on the forum.

Remember, snowHeads is many things to a great many people who engage on all different levels. Many people feel very much a part of the forum community though never posting: we've even had people on bashes who have never posted but clearly were just as engaged with the community as anyone.

Get used to it: postcount is no measure of snowHeadliness!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
admin, is that just your excuse for "size dosn´t matter" wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
admin, well said. Congrats MKValiant
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
admin, It doesnt "whiff of sour grapes" at all. Congratulation to MKValiant I understand what your saying, in my opinion there should be a minimum post count to enter a competition. This is only my opinion and it doesnt mean im wrong or right. Personally, seeing a prize go to someone who "contributes" very liitle (if anything at all) is worse than seeing it go to someone who has been here since day 1, and has a post count of 1,000,000!!! Anyway, its whats in the contributed content, not how much your post count is!!! Enough now anyway, when is the next competition to enter? Toofy Grin
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
admin wrote:
they are under no obligation to post publicly about their prize or their feelings about it

I know. But like you said, it would be nice. SnowHeads is supposed to be a community, is it not? I feel a bit disappointed that he/she hasn't even bothered to say a public thanks (and perhaps a small Woohoo!) and share some of the excitement. Perhaps that's just me Puzzled Never mind. Roll on the next comp!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I enter competitions on other websites and magazines because I see links etc, I don't expect to take part in any forums or other stuff, to me it's just life and I get on with it. If you're not in you can't win! I see what has happended here as no different to what I and many others do all the time. No bitterness here at all it's just another spin of the roulette wheel of life.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
admin, good post.

stevew, completely agree.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Anyone who disagrees with the result, please take a look yourself and/or get with the real world. A competition can be won by anyone who meets the terms of entry, that enters. You're acting very strangely to be thinking anything else.

admin, more of these compos please if you can wangle them, 1 in 800 ish is awesome odds (helps if I get the question right I imagine...) and it definitely adds to the excitement/benefit of being on 'ere. Thanks for setting this up!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I have been reading this forum for years, I have been on an event set up through this forum and yet my post count is pretty low (i didn't post for at least 3 years). I don't see that as any indication of how valued and wonderful I see this site and it's members, or how involved I feel in this community. I share it and promote this to my friends and co-workers because it is so good. Anyone should be able to enter and win any competition, and with that be able to decide themselves how much they then interact. Anyone that thinks differently, well you are just as entitled, but I bet you are a boarder... Twisted Evil Laughing
snow conditions
Schuss in Boots wrote:
andybabes, That's probably cos you're not a super/mega wotsit but to answer your original question, 734

thank you
xx
snow conditions
Quote:

This is only my opinion and it doesnt mean im wrong or right

thankfully opinions can be wrong even though they are only an opinion.... roll on Godwins law... and that should wrap things up nicely!
latest report
Quote:

postcount is no measure of snowHeadliness!

Amen to that!
ski holidays
FraserP, what happened with the Soup comp?

Im sure the winner has thanked admin
snow conditions
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
FraserP, what happened with the Soup comp?
Im sure the winner has thanked admin
For the soup comp? Laughing
Admin has already posted above and the lucky winner has been in touch with him by PM. All sorted.
snow conditions
FraserP, I hope the winner gets a chance to enjoy his prize!
snow report
Megamum, what do you mean? FraserP not got the sledge yet?
ski holidays
Shimmy Alcott, well I haven't received a triumphant telephone call yet.
snow conditions
Megamum, i just posted on the other thread. Shame isnt it as we both have our prizes - must be down to whoever was donating the prize
ski holidays
Shimmy Alcott, it is a bit unfortunate. As you say I think most of the others found their owners. My son has been having good fun with his - I need to sort out the footage with him and help him post it onto vimeo when I get a moment.
ski holidays
Hello everybody, here I am. I'm the extremely lucky one who has won such a great prize. I was astounded to win, as admin said having never really won anything before.

Unfortunately the euphoria and excitement of winning was wiped out by an incident at the weekend which left me pre-occupied with more serious matters so apologies to those who may have taken umbrage that I didn't get on here publicly sooner.

Smokin Joe wrote:
Ah...the MK boiler engineer.

I'm not a repairer of those boilers but do live in Milton Keynes and have the misfortune to support Port Vale, hence the Valiant. As some have observed I don't tend to post on here but do "lurk" and read some of the great stuff written by those of you with much more experience and knowledge than I have. It's thanks to these forums that I discovered Solutions4Feet and recently had some new boots fitted by them, who incidentally I'd highly recommend.

I'm waiting to hear from Inghams but I can't wait to go and will have to dig out all my gear again having never expected to get a second trip this season!

Thanks very much again to snowheads, admin and Inghams for a fantastic prize and those who offered their congratulations. I really am very chuffed!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
MKValiant, Have a wonderful time and just ignore them, it's their way of showing their jealousy wink Laughing
snow conditions
MKValiant, as Michelle siad, a lot of it is jealousy - I'm feeling pretty jealous myself, but nonetheless I hope you have a wonderful trip
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
MKValiant, Enjoy the holiday, we all had one post originally so well done for being lucky.

Do you fancy swapping for some cruise tickets I have recently won, on the Concordia" Sinktodabottom" I think?
ski holidays
MKValiant, I hope you have a lovely trip Very Happy
latest report
MKValiant, Congratulations, from a fellow lurker Wink
snow conditions
MKValiant, congratulations from me too! Hope your "incident" has been sorted now and you can happily look forward to your holiday. Have a great time snowHead .
snow report
MKValiant wrote:
Hello everybody, here I am. I'm the extremely lucky one who has won such a great prize. I was astounded to win, as admin said having never really won anything before.

I'm waiting to hear from Inghams but I can't wait to go and will have to dig out all my gear again having never expected to get a second trip this season!

Thanks very much again to snowheads, admin and Inghams for a fantastic prize and those who offered their congratulations. I really am very chuffed!

Looking forward to welcoming you to Zermatt on Saturday - see you on the transfer coach if you are on the Gatwick flight!
latest report
Thanks angel. We actually came from Birmingham. Had a great first day. Beautiful weather, great skiing and fantastic views of the Matterhorn.
snow report
I'm back from my week in Zermatt after being so lucky in winning the competition. What a great week it was too. The weather was glorious all week, clear blue skies and sunshine and the scenery just stunning. You cant help but be impressed by the sight of the Matterhorn.

My legs are still aching from the amount of skiing we did. We went all over the various areas - Sunnegga / Rothorn, Gornergrat, up on to the Matterhorn Glacier and over into Italy to Cervinia and Valtournenche.

We stayed at the Chalet Hotel Atlanta which is run by Inghams staff during the winter. It's close to the town centre and very convenient for the ski bus stop to get to the lifts at either end of town. The staff were excellent and the quality of the food was superb. This was the first time I'd stayed in a chalet and it far exceeded my expectations. I'd have no hesitation recommending it.

So, a big thank-you once again to Snowheads, admin and Inghams for such a great prize and a fantastic week.

ski holidays
MKValiant, Glad to hear you had a great time. Very Happy Thanks for reporting back. Very Happy
ski holidays
Glad to hear you had a great week in Zermatt. You certainly had a fantastic week with the weather.

Thanks for the feedback regarding the Atlanta - great to hear we all looked after you well and I will let the staff know next time I am on a visit to the hotel Very Happy
ski holidays
Posted in the wrong thread... oops.....

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Thu 3-05-12 0:53; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
FraserP, Would that be the one that you won in this comp?

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=83687&start=80#2016432
latest report
Is it worth making this thread un-sticky? - it's cluttering up my view of the piste..
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy