Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region pt. 2

Poster: A snowHead
Mild today, and foggy below about 2300 metres with rain. Top of Lauberhorn lovely above the murk.

Pistes are great apart from the last few hundred yards back to the village, which is beginning to look a bit threadbare. Weather looking ok for the busiest changeover day of the season tomorrow, thank goodness.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My 3 minute video of our ski holiday in Mürren -

https://vimeo.com/255703082
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nice film Chris Very Happy Colder tonight, and after another day of rain it’s finally snowing properly. Hallelujah.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
At least it hasn’t just been raining over the Jungfrau Region. It’s been raining over the alps in general. I see Mürren has 7cm of fresh powder this morning!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes indeed, I thought there was about 15-20cms on Schilthorn a little less on wind exposed faces. It was nice to be above the cloud and fog though!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Wow, good old Jungfrau region back at its best. The crowds have vanished, millionaires skiing up there this morning. KS and Maenlichen.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Fun fun fun in Wengen, our grandson is here for the first time. He learned to ski,

And skate,

And curl,

Great conditions in the area at the moment - no crowds and great snow.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@telford_mike, fanastic! We arrive tomorrow Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The dreadful fog and cloud back again. Two seasons 100m apart (vertically) sun, wamth and great powder topping Faulhorn. Bachalpsee deep winter and zero visibility! All good fun!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
One tragedy that seems to have slipped under the radar, a young chap fell to his death on the steep ground facing south on Tschuggen. Sounds as if a group had traversed in from the top of Honegg chair unaware of the cliffs in the poor viz.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
A much better day today, cloud topped-out at around 1600 metres on Männlichen, a bit higher on the Wengen side. Snow is absolutely wonderful. Colder today too.

snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I`m arriving on Sunday. Hopefully the weather stays the same Laughing
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@telford_mike,

Good week in region - all the seasons near enough.

Tried to convince Andy and Dee @Chalet Rosa that the Eigernordwand chair is called the EasyJet chair by the locals. I don’t think they bought it. Best run under there probably... interesting loading method for that and Wixi but makes sure lifts full.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@buchanan101, yes it was a bit of a mixed bag! I wonder whether the easyJet thing is just a Wengen expression perhaps. Anyhow, glad you had a good week Very Happy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Do you know Andy and Dee?

Yes, needed windscreen wipers at one stage - not rain - cloud!

Lauberhorn race course interesting. The jump, but also that sharp 90deg turn on what is basically a track...

Not impressed with station restaurant at Kleine Scheidegg - “our spring water is free but we charge 4.5CHF /0.5l to serve”. Which is about the price of a bottle of Fanta or coke served. I can understand if people haven’t bought other drinks but if they have that’s absurd. And 28CHF for a burger with no fries.. burger was quite good actually and the food generally reasonable but I guess the weak £ strong CHF doesn’t help...

Yes, had a good week thanks. Fantastic snow up top of Murren. Certainly different resorts from the mainstream, and my gf enjoyed the walking. Bit short of uphill capacity over Mannlichen side - shame as some of the best runs there. I guess new gondola with capacity from mid station will help. Didn’t risk trying to get on it.

Off to Mayrhofen in 2 weeks. Haven’t been for 30 years. Expanded area now and uphill capacity supposedly fixed.
snow report
@buchanan101, Yes, we see Andy at curling every Tuesday, and at random times in Rocks. Männlichen gondola has 5 weeks left before it closes forever. Fingers crossed planning permission for the new one is forthcoming.

Another top day today, and not too busy for a Saturday.

snow report
Hopefully or uphill out of Grindelwald is going to be severely compromised next season!

We didn’t curl so you wouldn’t have seen us.
ski holidays
We're coming to Grindelwald mid March. Not new to the area but have never done the train transfer from Geneva before. Will be fully loaded with skis/luggage so just wondering if anyone has any tips to make the train journey/changes smooth & stress free? We've got a 1st class upgrade, booked through Crystal coming in 11ish into I would presume the charter side sadly. Cheers.
snow report
Cracking day today, lovely weather and nice and warm in the sun. Shame it won't last!
snow report
@Chuckles3, with 1st class rail tickets you’ll have no problems at all on the train. If you have a lot of luggage it is an idea to ensure you have a 2 franc coin for a trolley for the changes at Bern and Interlaken Ost.
ski holidays
A £1 coin worked in trolley at Geneva airport

What a mess that place was at end of half term hols. Almost 2 hours from arrival to get to the gate. I guess busiest Saturday of the season
snow report
Thanks both. Looking at YouTube I can see we've got a bit of a walk to/from terminal to the station. Trying to pack as light as possible but without hiring everything in resort which I don't want to do, I can't par it down any further. At least we've got all day to get there even if we are on the 0519 from Grindelwald on our return 😩. We're staying at The Derby, arriving 17th if anyone else is out there at the same time.
ski holidays
Tough day today. Skiing in thick cloud, couldn't see from one side of the piste to the other. The guy skiing in front of me had what looked like a harmless fall but then started howling, and his wife/girlfriend started screaming too - I skied over to help and he had somehow fallen on his ski such that it had sliced right into the back of his thigh. Really nasty, lots of blood. I called the piste patrol and gave him my buff to try and stop the bleeding. Piste patrol arrived after just a few minutes. Hope he was ok, I was amazed he didn't pass out, he was white as a sheet poor guy. Skis are sharper than I realised Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
@jonm, horrible. Where was that?
latest report
@telford_mike, on blue 2 just down from the top of the Mannlichen chair.
ski holidays
Once again up on Faulhorn, clear of the dreadful cloud. Snow in good condition though extremely variable.
Temperature was a little worrying, my guess with wind-chill would be -25/30 this in glorious sunshine as well!
ski holidays
Rogerdodger wrote:
Once again up on Faulhorn, clear of the dreadful cloud. Snow in good condition though extremely variable.
Temperature was a little worrying, my guess with wind-chill would be -25/30 this in glorious sunshine as well!

Did you ski down to Bussalp?
ski holidays
Hi telford-mike, we skied back down through Bachalpsee then down to Waldspitz and ultimately Bort.
The south facing stuff was very crusty as it was so cold up there. Heading east and s/east we found good snow on a couple of shallow angled gulleys.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Chuckles3 wrote:
We're coming to Grindelwald mid March. Not new to the area but have never done the train transfer from Geneva before. Will be fully loaded with skis/luggage so just wondering if anyone has any tips to make the train journey/changes smooth & stress free? We've got a 1st class upgrade, booked through Crystal coming in 11ish into I would presume the charter side sadly. Cheers.

I did this today (to Interlaken anyway) and it was fine. Quite busy after the baggage claim but it's not that far a walk to the airport station. Download the SBB app and it'll tell you which platform to change onto at Bern.
snow report
Minus 10 when I got in from the pub, and I can hear snow cannons working Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
Just put live data from Schilthorn into a wind-chill calculator the answer is close to -40.
Keep covered and aware of risk of frostbite!
latest report
Thanks Deedee. Fingers crossed for our trip. Got the app and Crystal have given us timetables etc along with our tickets. Got to be better than our last trip out 2 years ago when we spent 2 hours waiting at Geneva for another flight to arrive before leaving for resort.
ski holidays
Absolutely Baltic up at Scheidegg today, started snowing at lunchtime. Pistes are amazing though. It's much quieter than last week too.
latest report
Hopefully coming out to Wengen in a couple of weeks... Does anyone have any recommendations for Ski schools / instructors who would be suitable for a technique brush up session for a couple of former seasonaires?
Thanks!
snow report
flaming wrote:
Hopefully coming out to Wengen in a couple of weeks... Does anyone have any recommendations for Ski schools / instructors who would be suitable for a technique brush up session for a couple of former seasonaires?
Thanks!

Either Bob Eastwood from Swiss Ski School, http://www.skiwengen.ch or Mike Cowan from Altitude http://www.altitude-wengen.com
ski holidays
telford_mike wrote:
flaming wrote:
Thanks!

Either Bob Eastwood from Swiss Ski School, http://www.skiwengen.ch or Mike Cowan from Altitude http://www.altitude-wengen.com

Great, just the sort of info I was after! Thanks very much.
snow report
telford_mike wrote:
Absolutely Baltic up at Scheidegg today, started snowing at lunchtime. Pistes are amazing though. It's much quieter than last week too.

I was on the Oberjoch chairlift yesterday morning. Definitely the coldest I've ever been in my life. Off up the Schiltorn today to heat up
snow report
Astonishingly cold today, it was minus 16 when I left the house and God knows how cold up at Männlichen. But the sun was out and the pistes are perfect. Great skiing all the way back to the village.

snow report
Warmest part of the day was a short skin from Stepfi piste heading up to Grosse. Never skinned with so many clothes on in my life. Ski down was nothing to shout about, we need new snow............!
snow report
Not quite so cold today, minus 14 when I left the house this morning but certainly a good few degrees warmer than yesterday up at Scheidegg. The run under the Lauberhorn chair down to the Grindelwaldblick restaurant was particularly good.

Super lunch at Aspen later on, the fish & chips is great Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy