Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Look, there is basically NO SNOW yet, so stop checking this forum!

Poster: A snowHead
I wish I could have the faith and patience to follow my own thread title!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
haha! I was hoping you d posted this a while back Sad It is ridiculous, we want snow and we want it now! Cannot wait to get out on the slopes!

Friends of mine spent a few days in Innsbruck last week and said that it was really quite mild Sad... however it does look like we are in for a reet cold winter!

Can it not just snow now pleeease?

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Tue 24-07-12 15:03; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We had snow last night at the Mansfield Christmas Lights Switch-on!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

We had snow last night at the Mansfield Christmas Lights Switch-on!

Laughing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
They say that being hooked on booze, drugs and cigs is bad, thats nothing compared to the cold turkey of not skiing for ten months Sad
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
There is loads of snow if you know where to look, Hintertux, Stubai, Pitztal, Soelden, Kaunertal. Austria has loads of it.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Zermatt somehow has 73km of pistes open as well Shock
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Some high areas will no doubt have retained the snow which fell in October - we had a good 12 inches at 1550m in the northern French alps.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Timmaah wrote:
Zermatt somehow has 73km of pistes open as well Shock
Glacier and high up
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Lots in Japan Smile
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Val Thorens is turning brown fields into wonderful ski runs. They are now talking about officially opening on 26th November.

The snow canons seem to be producing loads of the stuff now as it is so high up and the piste bashers are now spreading it around.

If there is a hint of a dump on 24th as possibly predicted then it should be reasonable particularly on the higher slopes.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Sunshine, Norquay and LL all starting to look white........... snowHead
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
But if I dont keep checking this forum, the snow might arrive and I wont know...admittedly Im in Malaysia at the moment, but its the KNOWING that matters, as I can really indulge myself in some mental torture. 4 months till VT time...I feel a sneaky weekend trip coming on this christmas.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
emwmarine wrote:
Val Thorens is turning brown fields into wonderful ski runs. They are now talking about officially opening on 26th November.

The snow canons seem to be producing loads of the stuff now as it is so high up and the piste bashers are now spreading it around.

If there is a hint of a dump on 24th as possibly predicted then it should be reasonable particularly on the higher slopes.

TFFT. Finally. Some optimism for my VT trip! I am not looking at any web cams until Sunday. If it isn't all lovely and white by then I'll be sending a strongly worded e-mail to the weather gods.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
We're obviously not worshipping the snow demons hard enough. I will sacrifice a whole bottle of wine to them tonight.
ski holidays
If you've got an itch you just have to scratch it. Smile
ski holidays
Very Happy That title made me laugh, having just checked the webcams and seen the snow cannons trying their best in Solden, I thought "lets see if anyone on snowheads is reporting real snow anywhere" but alas no Sad just lots of other people doing what I'm doing...at least I can take comfort in knowing I am not alone in this obsession!
snow report
Monium, I thought you were the weather monkey and so I expect you to deliver! Carry on.....
ski holidays
There is some snow in Canada only a few resorts open at at the moment:
Whistler/Blackcomb 90/200 runs open
Sun Peaks 36/122
Temps good as well -11 and -13C NehNeh
latest report
West US, northeast US and southwest Canada are having one of their best early-seasons ever.

Many resorts, like Whistler, opened earlier than expected.
snow report
There was plenty of powder on offer in Benidorm last week ....................... Laughing
snow report
I was in Bregenzerwald, West Austria today, hillwalking. It was very cold in the shade, -3 at 11am in the car park. No sign of any snow up to 2000m.

I was at Garmisch yesterday, same story, very cold in shade, warm on south facing slopes. Lermoos (Austrian side of Zugspitze) had a few runs with circles of snow, looks like they where just testing out the snow cannons.

There has been a change in the weather over the last week down at Bodensee where I work, much colder, winter like temperatures, but completely dry.
latest report
Jackson Hole...

http://jacksonhole.com/mountain-info/conditions/weather-snow-report.html

Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
Not really any sign of snow in Courchevel, but we are down the valley a little. Heading up to 1850 tomorrow so will see if there is any there and if snow cannons have been on.....come on snow, resort meant to open in 2 weeks....
snow conditions
Whistler is open Madeye-Smiley
latest report
Snow cannons have been making a few piles of snow up at Courchevel 1850 and above, but still completely bare.........not that cold, about 5 degrees up the mountain.....few clouds about today so we'll see what this week brings....
ski holidays
The European ski resorts must be getting a bit nervous with no break in the weather in sight. It appears to be unseasonably mild... and very dry.

Interesting article here:

http://www.planetski.eu/news/3237
snow conditions
Piccadilly, to be honest, no one is particularly worried yet except in countries where the punters are. My friends in Austria are saying, yes it is dry yes there is an autumnal inversion, etc. BUT IT IS ONLY NOVEMBER!

They seem to quite like the very long period of stable weather we have had as they can get on with doing things that are a wee bit problematical in the usual November weather! The builders in and around my neck of the woods are laughing all the way to the bank!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Whistler-Blackcomb/6day/mid << that's just greedy.
ski holidays
Are the Mediterranean Alps still in Europe?
snow conditions
Samerberg Sue, I know, I know, it's only November...but...I still want white webcams in Austria...it's a "me" thing Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
cancelee my Europe trip for 3rd DRc, rebooked on friday for Canada leaving 7th Dec Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
Off to the Dolomites in three weeks time,thought it would make a change from Tigne.Starting to get worried now as there is no snow!!
snow report
Pansy Potter, artificial snow there looks good though......

http://www.val-gardena.com/en/plan-de-gralba/page97.html
latest report
Pansy Potter, Pila in a different part of Italy is due to open 9th Dec so fingers crossed for over there
snow report
Dusting in the Highlands today I believe and more forecast later in the week - I hope it spreads over to the Alps too Very Happy
snow conditions
That will please Winterhighland?
ski holidays
I like this forecast

http://www.meteoblue.com/en_US/weather/forecast/tab/b/54/chamonix_fr_15181
snow conditions
Flip Crawford2 wrote:
That will please Winterhighland?

He'll be even happier if the snow forecast later in the week comes off Toofy Grin
snow conditions
tons of snow in Cervinia today, snowed lightly yesterday clear skis, empty pistes and just a bout perfect piste conditions....
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy