Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The view from............ Val d'Isere and the Espace Killy

Poster: A snowHead
@Steve Angus,
Quote:

PeakyB - yes I suppose so... but the problem with kids is getting down is different from skiing them with improving technical skills... it is all too easy for kids to get blocked in a snowplough (amongst other things) therefore greens and perhaps a nice blue like the Glacier Express up Solaise will be as far as we take it yet a while...

Of course, slow steady progress, focusing on control, posture, technical skills, definitely best way. But then when you're not looking, I guess things will speed up to warp factor 9 over the next 2 or 3 years! snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Don't know if this has been seen, or if it's nowt new, or if it even works . . .
https://www.facebook.com/kevin.hammond.790/posts/10154488529767609:22
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
OK, it works. Dear god, that is a lot of snow.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Steve Angus wrote:

Pending I've known 4 year olds with not a lot of experience (couple of weeks!!!!) to have gone down there - but then again they have short skis making it a little easier! All in all its generally not too hard a ski no. As far as the after dark ski down... be careful and stick to the easy pistes where there won't be winch cables from winch cats and it should be OK but officially you'd be in the wrong doing it! The off piste areas - yes all easy to eye up (to an extent) looking from the lifts... yes I know what you mean in terms of a dilemma on the kit front. To 'sell' it to your friends talk about it being like putting a seat belt on in a car - it doesn't make you more reckless a driver (hopefully) but its a safety barrier! All to often people talk about 'just off the side of the piste' but more often than not that is where the accidents happen.... just keep it flat, no terrain traps and nothing 'above' or 'below' in terms of steepness and the risk is in effect from an avalanche point of view eradicated... little pot holes etc pose a danger still etc... it is a GOOD way of instilling discipline in skiing with kids doing such an exercise... e.g. 'no overtaking me no matter what'

Thanks Steve, that's really helpful. I'm thinking next year for an intro to off piste group for them, although if you'd had a free slot, even a half day, I'd have done my best to talk them into that. Or just taken it for myself and my son and left the rest to their own devices. But this year it's just a taste and flat, no terrain traps and nothing 'above' or 'below' in terms of steepness and the risk is in effect from an avalanche point of view eradicated is exactly what I'm after. I love the discipline 'no overtaking me no matter what' - I wouldn't have thought of that.

The night run? Yeah, totally the easy piste, no question of trying anything but the "road". The dark would be enough of a kick for the kids besides adding anything else to it.

Ooooh 5 more days - I can't wait!!!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Looks like we are about to get a lot more snow... again.

Still plenty of untracked/barely tracked off piste although it is heavy. Still amazingly good fun.

For anyone looking for good dining, we went back to La Vielle Maison in La Daille last night and had a superb night. We’ll worrh a try.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
endoman wrote:
seconded re snow quality in piste perdu and danger. Done it a few times. Last year in minimal snow, which meant you couldn't get down the drop after the tunnel bit without a rope, so we had to climb over the cliff thing to get back onto the run. It was marked at that point with crossed black / yellow poles. All good fun! Took a snowboarder down it at the end of his first week once, so it's doable for most, if a bit of a scramble sometimes depending on snow.

You aren't going to go down it like Leo Tartiflette!

My partner and friends had the same experience about this time last year in fact - had to climb out due to lack of snow as you say! Have the video footage of their 'climb' somewhere.......didnt look fun at all!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kitenski wrote:
Pending wrote:
ski down from 1850 to Les Brev after dark with head torches, (having left the car in Brev) if it was a clear evening and not too cold.

Sadly not a great idea, pistes will be closed (and hence your insurance will be invalid should you have an accident) and you may find piste bashers right across the piste!

However, plenty of people staying in Brev do this, having après-skied in le Lac/Lavachet/Val Claret & then taken the bus down to Boisses.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Steve Angus,
A topic suggestion for the next snow report - the Vallee Perdue - to answer all the points raised above?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Kenzie wrote:
@Steve Angus,
A topic suggestion for the next snow report - the Vallee Perdue - to answer all the points raised above?

+1 Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
PeakyB - it sure will... she'll be in pre-club then the Club des Sports (hopefully) before I know it.
geoff10 - wowsers certainly!
Pending - yea next year they might be closer to the correct age... yes. The thing about off piste skiing is the approach (not just on the technique side of things) is different as well as the thinking re safety and all too often the hard thing to get right is the attitude and approach to safety... however technique is the obvious one! My only slot for lessons available next week is Thursday 25th in the afternoon! Everything else booked up!
bar shaker - yes loads of snow coming. There is some stuff if you wanna walk out there today... and that is a good heads up re La Vielle Maison - rather quaint in there... like it!
Kenzie and pending - good query - ill try and talk about that at the earliest opportunity!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If at first you dont succeed....

We had a chill but blue skies start to the day and that could be the last time we see blue skies and the sun for a while as it supposed to be windy and snowy for the next few days - well most of the week now to be exact...

However after getting Olivia off to school it was time to get to the Savonnettes to meet little 'T' once again... now in all my years of teaching I dont think I have come across too many youngsters as unenthusiastic about learning to ski... takes a lot of encouragement and bribery and all sorts from not just me but also the parents to get him to even put his ski boots on... the whole time saying he doesnt want to do it... even with all the games I could think of he was not really interested. I think he is just the most cautious little one I have ever come across but after an hour and a bit of trying it was a no go so I instead changed to teaching the grandmother (as she wanted to improve) - onwards and upwards as we had a really successful second half of the lesson.

After a quick lunch I was recharged ready for taking a 'one lesson a year' regular client I take for his annual 'refresher'... so it was off. We worked on not just technical things but also some tactical things too and had a good slide around including a few down Trolles into Le Lac... a pretty decent afternoon all in all.

The weather slowly but surely moved in all afternoon and whilst it was not cold if felt that way what with the lack of sun later on and a little chill in the air... the weather is a moving in now!

I mentioned the Cabane at the bottom of the Savonnettes yesterday - it is a sad sight eh!

So that is more or less all the news from today folks... tomorrow could be interesting weather wise!!!!

TTFN

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1OdKrABREpnxX
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Steve Angus wrote:
My only slot for lessons available next week is Thursday 25th in the afternoon!

Yes please! I'll see if I can talk them into it and if not I'll offload all the kids and it'll be just me for bumps Happy
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Steve - I agree with your sentiments on the Cabine by the drag lift there. Such a shame. I followed the story as it unfolded. I guess in the end the deep pockets won and the lady who owned / ran the business just couldn't afford the legal challenges she was facing from the "uber-rich" neighbors who were objecting to the "smells"! I think it is ironic that there is now a new "grill" open in front of the Brussels Hotel. Personally I loved the Cabine, it was a great place for a quick, cheap, lunch. Very sorry to see it go.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Pending - OK thats cool. To firm a booking what I will need is your email address and phone number and the office will drop you line to firm the details up / take payment etc.... ill pm you to so nothing needs to be public on the thread obviously!

Vasta - yea totally agree with all those points there. Valerie who ran it has 2 young children so I feel her loss even more so!

Brief morning update

About 15cm of snow down here in town overnight and more up top but at 0530 this morning there was already 100+km/h winds being recorded up top so hold your horses as to what might open / be able to ope and stay open today!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Boy that was some wind

At first light this morning I was a little surprised as to how benign it was looking out there... there was about 15cm of fresh snow out in town and no doubt more up top! Anyway reports were coming in that there was over 100km/h of wind up top!

Anyway I headed up to the meet point and pretty much the first thing I did was my periscope and I tried to summarise some of the 'chat' about the Vallee Perdue so I am hoping that I covered it all....

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1vOxwNyyaWdJB

It was interesting just after I finished the video watching the engineers getting the piste basher to work... and moved on!

By action time it was clear that young Taylor was not keen to ski today so his Dad took his place and we headed up the Solaise... it was an interesting set up today as when we got to the top the wind was actually not too bad... It was far from still but not too bad... so we headed up the Glacier Express but the first few hundred metres coming down were horrendous... so we ended up skiing down the Plan M and there were times when it truly was a whiteout when you could see nothing and I mean nothing at ALL in front, behind, above, below you... sometimes people complain about poor visibility and "not being able to see anything" - well today it REALLY was like that and a fair few times with the wind moving the snow about and into your face we had to stop totally.

Anyway when we got back down we lapped around on the Rogoney lift and made a success of it...

The plan had been to meet Taylor at 12.15 and give him 45 mins or so of skiing but the weather was getting worse and the lifts up high were closing down so that coupled with a lack of enthusiasm meant that the rest of the family came in shoes rather than ski boots. It also didnt help that the snow was getting rather wet and more rain like!!!!!! Anyway in the end we finished up a little early which meant that I was able to head to the new Hibou restaurant (where Rize used to be located) and we had a really nice lunch there at great value - the sweet and sour chicken was yummy!

This afternoon was a relaxed affair and then when Olivia got home from school Clares father also turned up so it was nice for her and Ben to spend some time playing with him!

And that pretty much brings you up to date. The weather has continued to be hit and miss most of the afternoon but the wind is REALLY starting to get violent now... We are expecting a fairly large amount of snow overnight tonight before it eases up a little during the day and then comes back in again... and that cycle is going to keep happening for the next few days - it is a going to be a rock and roll ride!

Oh dear what a place to break down!

TTFN
snow report
Max gust last night was 194kmh and winds on Solaise permanently over 114kmh, which is hurricane force.

Road to Fornet closed to all traffic, no buses running anywhere, chains mandatory even with 4x4.
snow report
What a wasted day

There are duvet days and there is frustration at the weather! Today I just wanted to scream....

We woke up (well Clare is a light sleeper and was woken pretty much every 5 minutes during the night) and i peeped out the window to armageddon!!!!! As we live on the top floor of the apartment block we get the full brunt of the weather and every five minutes you could feel the windows rattle.... Anyway looking out the window it was not too enticing. In general the roads around town in terms of 'drivability' remained good all day BUT there were drifts to deal with as well as high winds that meant the buses were not really safe to drive around!

Anyway it was apparent that there was going to be a slow opening if anything at all! I got Olivia down to the bus (school buses were the first to be cancelled) and we jumped on but getting there was interesting.... full gear on and the wind drifts we had to wade through were something else!!! The train rouge never left La Daille as the buses were ordered back to the depot and we had no way of getting the kids (other families were on the same bus) to school.... so essentially the day was spent indoors watching the crazy events unfolding outside!

No skiing was possible all day although I thought they left it very late - about 1.30pm - before they decided there was no hope.... with winds as bar shaker mentioned in the hurricane force bracket it was a non starter!

So all in all a waste of a day really!

There was lots of 'kid containment' measures all day as Olivia was climbing the walls (and no where to go - as we would have gone swimming and all sorts if we had been able to get there)... so movies / cartoons / games / board games / jumping on her trampoline (a lot) was the order of the day... in fact thank goodness for that trampoline as that tired her out!

So not much else to report really. Lets hope for better tomorrow.

A few photos and videos to summarise the day!

A friend digging their back door of their chalet out!!!

Looking bleak out there for most of the day!

Saw this graphic today - thought it was interesting - the price per KM of skiing here is pretty good when compared to a world average!

https://www.facebook.com/climbinginstructor/videos/1924777937550402/
My colleague trying to leave his house in Tignes today!!!

https://www.facebook.com/ben.cashford/videos/10155598438660141/
I posted a photo the other day - this is today in my friends apartment in town!

My effort at my broadcast - the battery DID die at the end as I thought it would.... it was cold today and apparently if we had been able to get up there then the wind chill would have been about -40C at times... nevertheless the avalanche risk (4) / wind & snow tomorrow will be enough to contend with as it is due to continue with poor weather tomorrow (not as bad as today we hope!)

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1nAJEWrNyBnKL

TTFN
ski holidays
BTW - Happy 80th birthday to my mum today!!!!!!
latest report
information on la daille please, whats it like for bars, shops and restaurants, i dont really want to go in to the centre of valdisere every night. and is there a walking route to the lake.....thanks
ski holidays
Good chart on liftticket prices.

Easy to forget how cheap France can be (for what you get).
ski holidays
compostcorner wrote:
information on la daille please, whats it like for bars, shops and restaurants, i dont really want to go in to the centre of valdisere every night. and is there a walking route to the lake.....thanks

Which lake?
ski holidays
Steve Angus wrote:
BTW - Happy 80th birthday to my mum today!!!!!!

Belated Birthday Grettings to Mum of @Steve Angus Very Happy

See you next week!
ski holidays
Hi @Steve Angus, just thought I would show you those stairs now- We've been working hard!

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Thu 18-01-18 16:15; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Steve Angus wrote:

Saw this graphic today - thought it was interesting - the price per KM of skiing here is pretty good when compared to a world average!

Sorry but I think that's rather misleading - well, very misleading!

For a start no matter how many km are available to you, you can only be on one lift or one piste at a time. Yes, it's lovely to have the option to ski other runs but you don't ski any further or take any more lifts. It's like taking a cab across Tignes but paying twice as much for it because the same firm has a cab in Val d'Isere too.

More importantly though, even if we are considering how many km are made available to us by the pass, the Dolomiti Superski pass that one requires for the Sella Ronda area, costs virtually the same as a 3V pass and covers 1200-1500km of piste (depending on who U listen to) compared to the 3V's 450-600km.
So to come up with a cost of 50% greater, one would have to be at least French and probably from the very same office that named a village situated at 1747m "Courchevel 1850".
ski holidays
Quote:

and probably from the very same office that named a village situated at 1747m "Courchevel 1850".

Laughing Laughing
snow report
Kenzie wrote:
compostcorner wrote:

Which lake?

lac de chevril
snow report
Lac de chervil is artificial lake/reservoir below tignes with road to VDI alongside it thru a narrow cleft in rock
You will need to check local maps for walking routes as the roadside does not look attractive
ski holidays
[quote="admin"]
Steve Angus wrote:

I agree these sorts of things can always be twisted to either benefit one or the other resort. A prime example of where that chart totally fails is its "km of runs" In Whistler there are at least a couple of areas which will only be technical be 3/4 different runs down but you could probably spend a whole day taking completely different lines down it because its not just a simple piste its an open playground.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
compostcorner - so there is a convenience store, tabac as well as a few restaurants - some in hotels and others standalone in La Daille. Not really any 'bars' as such no I'm afraid! You wouldn't be able to walk to the Lac du Chevril in the Winter from La Daille no - too dangerous! Hope that helps!

lynnecha - Wowsers well done.... you'll need a stiff drink after doing all that!

Pending - thanks!

OK yes there are stats, stats and lies aren't there.... but then again there are some resorts who choose to put their official weather station and take their snow depth measurements at the top of the mountain which makes it look like they get way more snow than other resorts - the whole industry is full of fakes!!!!
snow report
...bunch o' snowfakes you mean? Wink
Go on then, spill the beans: what was the source? The Courchevel Tourist Office, by any chance?
snow report
admin wrote:

For a start no matter how many km are available to you, you can only be on one lift or one piste at a time. Yes, it's lovely to have the option to ski other runs but you don't ski any further or take any more lifts. It's like taking a cab across Tignes but paying twice as much for it because the same firm has a cab in Val d'Isere too.

More importantly though, even if we are considering how many km are made available to us by the pass, the Dolomiti Superski pass that one requires for the Sella Ronda area, costs virtually the same as a 3V pass and covers 1200-1500km of piste (depending on who U listen to) compared to the 3V's 450-600km.
So to come up with a cost of 50% greater, one would have to be at least French and probably from the very same office that named a village situated at 1747m "Courchevel 1850".

The important thing is surely not the number of kms available but how many good restaurants one can sample via the connected lift system Puzzled
ski holidays
@swiftoid,
Quote:

The important thing is surely not the number of kms available but how many good restaurants one can sample via the connected lift system

Agreed, and the Sella Ronda wins on that criterion too!
snow report
@admin,
Quote:

probably from the very same office that named a village situated at 1747m "Courchevel 1850".

Laughing Laughing Haha. I didn't know that.
snow conditions
They say bad luck comes in three's...

Id be tempted to say today was a bad day but it wasnt... it just had things that were annoying or could be seen as ingredients of a bad day!

At first light it was apparent that the winds had totally died off and we had had another few cms of the white stuff.... gawd when will it stop eh!

With Olivia on the school bus I headed up to the meeting point ... however the first of the days issues happened... walking across the Rond Pont I slipped on the ice and fell whacking my finger and my knee.... really just a bruise to my knee but my finger..... ow (look away now if you have a nervous disposition!)

... I was wearing my gloves when this happened (thank goodness I guess). Anyway it looks worse than it is!

So it was always going to be a slow opening BUT (thankfully) the Village and Rogoney opened on time... Matt and I had a jolly good ski around making the most of the conditions and I was even able to give him some technique for powder turns with what we had available! At 10am the others his group had made an appearance and the second event took place...

I forgot that they didnt all have a lift pass so when we got to the Rogoney lift entrance we had to wait whilst Matt dashed off to get some passes for the others... however when he came back they would not work... I was to find out that he didnt speak any French and had hit the button on the automated machine for an apres midi pass - not knowing that he had in effect bought and afternoon only pass... I told him this and then found out that for whatever reason he didnt have a receipt for the pass purchases. I told him to go back to the pass office and please his case..... he returned a few mins later in a grump as he had had to end up buying 2 new completely new passes for the whole day... what made matters worse was that since the Solaise gondola was now the only high level lift open AND crucially the only option was to come back down again on the Plan M piste - it meant the piste was HEAVING.... so we only ended up doing one run (during the lesson anyway and they were going to go back there later in the day I think) so it was an expensive lift pass!!!

With the delayed openings it was a rather hectic lunchtime trying to co-ordinate a meeting place for the afternoon lesson as the people on it were doing a 10am - 1pm off piste clinic so I needed to co-ordinate a meet time and place!

So the afternoon was going to be spent trying to get the best of the off piste options up at the Fornet... so a few laps on the cable car followed.... initially we headed down the Mangard side of things and found some nice snow... popping back onto the piste to continue with some technique... next lap was down below the Poubelle Couloir and ultimately into the trees and into the back door into the old town of Fornet and a walk back to the lift... however half way up the road V was a little tired so I offered to carry her skis.... and this is where the 3rd disaster happened... when we got back to the cable car station (and bearing in mind I was carrying a pair of skis on each shoulder) I dropped the skis down and in doing so managed to catch her skis on my pull handle for my ABS bag... initially I thought it sounds very 'windy' all around me and then when I could see Orange material in my pheripheral vision I new I had just pulled my bag - DOH... it would have been fine if there was no-one around and certainly no-one who new me but there was quite a lot of people around including a colleague... so yes I have photo evidence of the embarrassing ordeal... after packing the deflated balloon away we did manage to get a third and good uneventful run in down the same line.

Tom pretending not to know me you will notice in the back ground - ha ha!

Anyway it was a frantic scramble back on the bus into town and then down to La Daille as we had an old friend from my first season along with his wife, daughter and grand son around for a cuppa... it was a nice hour or so catch up but boy there were toys everywhere by the time they left... by the time that was all cleared up and the kids put into bed etc it was dinner time and then some emails to deal with and yup you got it... I forgot to do my periscope today.... another doh

However it is still snowing out there without any wind therefore it will be interesting to see how the land lies in the morning when I am off piste once again! eeeek!

The traffic forecast for this weekend is looking pretty decent so I dont think there will be any issues on the road as far as amount of traffic is concerned but the weather forecast which is for heavy snow on and off for a few more days yet could have something to say on the matter!

However there were some good things that came from today though... my profile video from SkiBro (a new Val d'Isere / Tignes app for booking ski instructors) and the first in a series of videos where I am teaching a complete beginner - each episode will come out little by little over the next few weeks so stay tuned!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gqUzGYzRyOrEiAm5LeKb3axfRHW2I8u9/view

https://www.facebook.com/SkiBroOfficial/videos/vl.436459966769150/391324141280171/?type=1

Think they look pretty good!?!?!

Ill finish with some photos of today then I think call today at an end.

TTFN

Calm before the storm (or after it if you like) before anyone arrived at the Savonnettes first thing.
ski holidays
Bargain lift passes for anyone in EK next week? snowHead
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=135611#3173579
snow report
PeakyB - thanks for posting that!
snow report
Found some great snow

With more snow (about 20cm) and more wind starting to howl about it was a slow opening (again)... it would seem this season as if every other day has been a slow opening day!

Anyway I had left the house early as I was doing a one off introduction to off piste session this morning and needed to get to the office to collect packs... in fact there were 2 of us on the booking and they all needed gear so it was 8 sets of gear that was needed so quite a bit of sorting out!

The safety briefing took up just enough time to allow us to get sorted and by the time that was done the Solaise was running. So we did a warm up down the front and found some nasty wind compacted snow which was perfect for me to see how they dealt with it.... nothing like going in at the deep end! We worked on some technique but the wind was quite punchy up high...

Some routes around the Datcha lift including having to knock away a cornice or two and we found some lovely snow... to finish I found (even if I do say so myself) a lovely strip of snow in my secret glade above the Leivre Blanc... it was lovely snow actually!

With not too much open the bus back into town was rammed but we did get back in finally.... a cheeky burger treat for lunch at the Sun Bar and I was then back out for my afternoon seasonnaires! After a trip down to La Daille on the Raye piste it was time to hit the Face... the wind and visibility had gotten a lot worse but we carried on non the less and it was a jolly tough but rewarding descent (the first time for some of them) down the Face!

After skiing we headed to the pub for a few drinks with some friends and lots of little ones and then got back home here a couple of hours ago!

Im definitely ready for bed now though - it has been another long week. Tomorrow I'm looking forward to perhaps going for a swim with Olivia and a few other family fun events!

A few other bits of news... in the most recent storm the wind gauges reportedly (source Radio Val) said the wind speeds topped 250km/h up high on the glacier.... the measuring kit apparently only goes up to 250km/h so it was faster than that! In fact some of the cables have been damaged on the Leissieries Express lift due to the winds so I'm hoping they can fix that soon!

And whilst the lifts can be sorted there is no longer enough time for them to prepare the Joseray piste for the Europa Cup ski racing next week... a shame for the resort and the competitors BUT I personally am quite happy as that will mean that I cannot do my community service hours for my lift pass this season and better still will be more available for teaching!!!!

With another large storm brewing in the Atlantic and heading this way it could be an interesting time tomorrow on the roads BUT the roads should not be too busy traffic wise but the snow could play a part in any hold ups! They are forecasting that we could get another metre of snow over the weekend so stay tuned for more on that - this incredible season continues!

Even if I do say so myself I found us some lovely snow off piste this morning during about the only gap in the clouds and 'weather' that is about at the moment!

Far away from the crowds below finding some nice snow off piste!

My periscope from today!

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1BdGYMyeYOgGX

TTFN folks!
snow report
having a look at the piste map, and this is purely an opinion based on the piste map and i have no idea about the terrain or logistics, but has any thought ever been given to building a ski lift from the bottom of the le manchet lift up to the bellevarde side of the mountain, it seems like an obvious link to me.
snow report
snowornever wrote:
Lac de chervil is artificial lake/reservoir below tignes with road to VDI alongside it thru a narrow cleft in rock
You will need to check local maps for walking routes as the roadside does not look attractive

The path is on the opposite side of the river to the road. It would be incredibly dangerous to attempt it in the winter as the steep sides of the gorge avalanche constantly in snowfall, or just after.

It’s a lovely walk (via the Vallée Perdu) in the summer.
latest report
compostcorner wrote:
having a look at the piste map, and this is purely an opinion based on the piste map and i have no idea about the terrain or logistics, but has any thought ever been given to building a ski lift from the bottom of the le manchet lift up to the bellevarde side of the mountain, it seems like an obvious link to me.

That would deposit skiers on Rocher Du Charvet - lots of very steep couloirs down to Grand Pre area, or back into the Manchet valley. IMO those runs are better left to those who make the effort to 'walk' up to them & have the ability & avalanche kit to attempt them. wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy