Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Goggles!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Currently I'm skiing with a pair of Dragon DX goggles and an amber lens. These fit great with my Red Trace helmet and i have never had any fogging issues. The problem is in flat light i really struggle so i was thinking of getting a second pair of DX's with a yellow lens.....or do i spend a bit more money on say Smith I/O's or Dragon APXs's to take advantage of easy change lenses. It might be quite nice to get a third lens for bright days (and because mirror lenses look the coolest Neh Neh).

I can't decide - anyone else got any thoughts/experiences?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I use DX and have a number of different lenses of varying colours. Never had any issues with them and usually just pick up replacement lenses in the sales. Usually £6-8. Mirrored lenses are a little more. I carry them about and change as and when conditions change on the hill. Once you've changed them a couple of times they are easy enough to change, even with gloves on.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have a couple of pairs of DX goggles, when i needed to replace my scratched lens and get a LL specific one it worked out cheaper to but a new frame with two (yellow & Ionised jet) lenses than to buy the two lenses separately.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My I/O'a are great... I have 3 lenses which I carry at all times, low light, mid light and bright days, it takes me roughly 30 seconds to change a lens (that includes going into my backpack to get the case), which means I never get caught in changeable light conditions. I bought my spare lenses from a U.S ebay store, which worked out about £20-25 each including delivery. And at that price should you ever take a tumble and scratch a lens it doesnt cost a bomb to replace!

There are a massive choice of lenses also!!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy