Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rider Profiles.

Poster: A snowHead
This started on the old SCGB Site.So its about time we had it for this site.
Plus this (Boarding) side does not have many threads!

Edit by Ian Hopkinson
Based on a request by the Boarders I have edited this thread so that it only contains Rider Profiles. If you miss some of your gossip then I do have copies of the original. I will continue to edit out conversation on this thread until someone tells me to stop!

The index below is generated manually, last edit to index 12th January 2008
#jon#
3snowboards
62dave
AD
amyb
aqua76
Ashton Parker
B00thy
bigsando
blue cat
Board4life
Boardski
Bonfire
bullet
carled
cazaroo
CrashAce
Dan
debbi
Deborah
Diarmuid
diverdrew
dnc
Dobz
dsmpson
Duvet
Elizabeth B
Fiona
firebug
Fly Boy
Fogliettaz
forry76
freestyle
gavin2020
Glynis
hamilton
hamilton
Honda Kitty
Ian Hopkinson
Japow
John Scott

jonah735
jonpaul
Jonpim
jopo
jorquay
Kevin Robertson
Lager
Lizzard
loffers
mattgillam
MCC
meanie
mille 73
mista
Mountain mad
Mouth
MUSKY
Nadenoodlee
nedrapier
neilswingler
newageloafer
Nick'n'kim
Norbert666
obergurgler
Oisin Osh Kelly
paulm
Philip Prior
plake
playdreamer
ponder
prog99
Propagandasnowboards
rayscoops
Reiver
Richie
roastingdave
RobintheBobin
rodmason
Rowley B QC
Sammy5
Shallimus
sherpa
Simon (Mr T)
skidonald
snojito
snowangel.
snowchica
snowshredder686
Specialman
speed8
ssnowman
stab
stephen beakley
stuntgirl
Swirly
Tony Lane

If you would like to add yourself to the list then copy this template:
Code:

[b] Name : [/b]
[b] Age : [/b]
[b] Weight : [/b]
[b] Height : [/b]
[b] Equipment : [/b]
[b] Experience : [/b]
[b] Competence : [/b]
[b] Resorts Visited : [/b]
[b] Favourite Run/Moment : [/b]
[b] This season : [/b]
[b] Goals : [/b] 

Add it to the end of this thread and edit in your details. Every so often I will recompile the index, but this is a manual process so you may wish to prod me with a PM.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Name:-Simon Turner (Edit Jan 2008)
Weight:- Was over 14 stone,but stress with Nipper & work reduced me to 13stone ish.Whatever that is in Kgs,god only knows!
Height:-5' 10"
Started Riding:-1997 ( Christchurch Dry Slope)
Time Riding:-65 Days Snow (A Few more now,er say95+as been on dry slope for over a month now twice a week (Warmwell Leisure Centre-SnowFlex Slope).
Other Sports/Interests:-Wakeboard/Jet Ski(Solo) & Pyro Technician (& Blade(Ski),but don't tell anyone!)
2004 Holiday:-La Plagne (Been) & Planning Another in March (Saalbach-With Snowhead Members)
2005 Holiday:-Alpey D(Feb) & Then Val Thorens in April.
2006 Holiday:-Schladming(With Snowheadies Again) & a late one in March to La Plagne.
2007 Holiday:-Les Arcs
2008 :-Alp D Huez-Oz de Oisans
2009 :-Year off due to kids
2010 :-Year off due to kids
2011 :-Flaine-- 2 year break/Kids/getting old takes it toll........
2012 :-Val D/Tignes on 1 trip & 3 Valleys & La Plagne/Tigne on trip 2,watched X games,bloody hell !

Boards :-K2 Electra (153 & 157-Amazing Board) & K2 Recon Riser 161.
Bindings:-Was using old Santa Cruz Bindings now on Burton Cartels-Sweet,Comfy & Supportive.Aggresive High back takes some getting used to.
Boots:-Airwalk Buttes(1998) very comfy just got a little sloppy (Heel Lift) with age.Now on Van Fargo Boa's.-The Dogs wassichops!Nice boot, though only gets comfy when warmed up).Boa system-Couldn't live without it.
Goals:-Get replacement non aching Body on NHS,& Trying to start every days riding without a hangover.........
Thats it for now.HappyXmas& New Year ,Oh & Happy Riding.
Jesus,over 4 years since last update,kids bug up everything!
Still same eqmt,though very worn now & i have to spend some dosh,looking at either K2 Turbo Dream (Flat rockery thing.......god things move on) or Slayblade.
New Boots required as the soles are falling off,crap bio degradeable glue to blame say Vans.Still lasted well really.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 19-04-12 23:34; edited 8 times in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Name: Oisin Kelly.... Prefer Osh
Weight: hahaha tba
Height: 6'4
Equipment: Vision spectrum 163. K2 cinch bindings. Celsius Climate.
Time Riding: 40 - 45 days
Competence: Competent - but want to be better Laughing - Building confidence and speed
Resorts Visited: Arinsal, Pas de la Casa, Livigno, Avoriaz
Favourite run/Moment: Don't know... never really know the names of runs, but was a tricky blue this Xmas in Avoriaz near the swiss side that had tons of lumpy soft fresh snow - seemed to spend a lot of time virtually on the nose of my board mashing through it - makes no sense to you - but it does to me Laughing
This Season: Xmas week in Avoriaz - hopefully another 8 -10 dayer in March
Goals: Ride less with hangovers - errrm, no, no thats not going to happen... okay less hours in bed recovering from hangovers

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Mon 9-01-06 16:08; edited 5 times in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Can I do this even though I'm not a true darksider yet!
Updated in Oct 2005 now that I consider myself a snowboarder!

Name: Annaliese

Equipment: Burton Sapphire boots - hoping to buy intro Ladies board like a Feather and some flow bindings this season

Started Riding: Boxing Day 2003
Time Riding: 2 hours lessons in UK + 1 week snowboarding in Soll
Competence: Tackling red runs - some ok some are very scary!

Favourite run/moment: on Day 3 when everything clicked and I did my first two linked turns in a row, closely followed by later in the week when I could do turns on a steep slope, at speed, with confidence and in control!!!! Laughing snowHead Laughing

This season: 2 week holiday booked off work for end Feb/start of March, wherever the snow's good. Planning to consolidate on last holiday and improve confidence on unknown slopes/difficult conditions, and maybe venture into some powder!!!!

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Thu 27-09-07 16:41; edited 3 times in total
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Name :- Malcolm MacNaughton
Started riding :- 2003 in Tignes
Time riding :- 4 weeks
Current equipment :- Burton Bullet 159 & Burton Baron 162, Burton P1HD bindings, DC Phase boots (size 12).
Other interests :- Football, rugby, lager.
Resorts visited :- Cairngorm, Nevis Range, Glenshee, Glencoe, Solden, Tignes, Val D'Isere, Courchevel, Val Thorens, Mount Hood Meadows, Timberline Lodge

2006 holidays :- A week in Val D and hopefully a long weekend in Solden

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Thu 13-10-05 9:50; edited 3 times in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Name: Kevin Robertson
Laughing Location: Newmarket
Started Riding: 1998 Arinsal
Days Riding: 35 days
Equipment: K2 Gamma, F11 Flow bindings (yet to see snow!!) and K2 boots
Settings: Regular, +15 and 0
Other interests: Following the mighty Scotland and Ipswich, squash, pubs etc.
2006, Booked Schladming and arinsal Very Happy

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Fri 14-10-05 16:45; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Name: Richard
Weight: 13st ish
Height: 5-10
Equipment: Sims FR750 (163), Salomon SP4 Bindings, Salomon boots
Time Riding: 7years (11 weeks in total)
Competence: So so. Getting quicker and more confident
Resorts Visited: Arinsal, Pas de la Casa, St Anton, Saalbach, Schladming, Lech, Zurs, Alpee Dee, 2 Alpes, Lake Louise, Bannf, Norquay
Favourite run/Moment: Don't know the name of the run but there was a moment in St Anton where our group of 8 were cruising a wide red. The valley was in the distance and we were going full tilt...lovely.
This Season: Saalbach again
Goals: Have fun on the slopes.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Wed 2-05-07 21:58; edited 3 times in total
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Okay, so I'm not a proper boarder, having never stood on a board on slidey stuff but I thought I might join in.

Name: Ian Hopkinson
Started Riding: SSX
Days Riding: Virtually to numerous to count, actually none (but hoping for one soon)
Equipment: PS2
Settings: Moby
Other interests: ski=ing
2004 holiday: Saas Fee, Val Thorens (Easter)
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Name: Philip Prior
started riding: 1998 in Arinsal
Days riding: 100+
Equipment: Ride Timeless 161 (2003 model). Nitro Suprateam Lukas Huffman 161 (2006). Rossignol levitation 160 (1999 model)/ Flow Pro S-FS bindings/Salomon Synapse boots
settings (current) front +15 back -5
Other interests: Footy, Beer, Swimming, Cricket, Pubs of course.
1998 Arinsal
1999 Val di Fassa
2000 Pas de la Casa/Morzine
2001 Arinsal/Morzine
2002 Sauze d'oulx/Morzine
2003 St Anton/Morzine
2004 Alpe d'Huez/Morzine
2005 Alpe d'Huez/Morzine/Saalbach
2006 Schladming/Morzine
2007 Saalbach/Morzine
2008 TBA!

Cool

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Wed 29-08-07 8:46; edited 3 times in total
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Name: Ashton Parker
Started: 1995
Days risding 100
Equipment: 168 Santa Cruz W with Salomn p% ro 6 bindings
Setting: +15 - 6 Quack Quack
Weight: 16 stone
Riding Style: Free-ride fast & smooth
Othe rInterests: Football, Sci FI, food, beer & wine
2004 holidays: cheeky week-end with snowscape in Feiberbrunn in Austria and week in LA Tania (3V) with skibeat in March
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Name: Dan
Equipment: 165 Nitro Scope, Salamon Dialogues, Flow Pro Amp 5
Settings: -15 front -15 back
Started: 2003
Days Riding: ~25 on 2 planks (snow/dry slope), ~40+ on a tea tray.
Other Interests: Hockey, Cricket, Tennis, Music & Drinking! Oh and Rugby (Leicester Tigers!)
2004 Holidays: Sauze D'Oulx, Courmayeur & Val D'Isere, Soldeu
2005 Holidays: La Rosiere (Dec), Sauze D'Oulx (New Year) snowHead
2006 Holidays: Sauze D'Oulx, Films / Laxx, ESOB Val Thorens

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Sun 12-02-06 17:21; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Name: Tony Lane
Equipment: Ride Society 157 (previously Ride Timeless 161, plus many others for short periods), Burton P1 bindings (previously Flow FL11), Vans BFB boots (previously Salomon Synapse)
Settings: Regular, +15 front -13 back (ish)
Favourite style: all mountain larking about - love powder runs and heading through the trees but also search out natural hits and drop-offs. working on getting smoother with buttering, and other flatlands tricks.
Started: 1996 for a few days in New Zealand. first full trip was 1999
Days Riding: 100+
Ski?: never tried it but aim to do so before too long (boo, hiss, i hear you cry Shock )
Resorts visited: Tignes, Courchevel, Les Menuires, Chatel, Les Arcs, Alpe D'Huez, Les Deux Alpes, Heavenly
Other Interests: cycling (road, xc mountain biking, fixed wheel commuting), running, mountain marathons, rock climbing, jazzy/dancy/funky type music, photography
2004 Holidays: just one long w/e in Courchevel Sad - saving holidays for trip to Oz later in the year Very Happy
2005 Holidays: Tignes 15-22 Jan - 3 days in Courchevel in March
2006 Holidays: New Year in Chatel
2007 Holidays: Chatel
2008 Holidays: Chatel, Engelberg
Current goals: continue to improve the smoothness of those mini-tricks that can be done while riding along (ollies, buttering, 180s into and out of switch, etc)

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Tue 29-01-08 9:55; edited 6 times in total
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Name: Lee Craig
Equipment: Ride Fleetwood 166, Ride SPi's, Vans sig boots,
Favourite style: Cruising, especially powder
Started: Initially '95 in Chamonix, not really full on until 2002.
Days Riding: 75
Ski?: Since I was a kid, never been back after trying boarding.
Resorts visited: Chamonix, La Clusaz, Val D'Isere, Val Thorens, Sauze D'Oulx, Sestriere, Lake Louise, Sunshine, Panorama, Scotland, Norway
Other Interests: mountain biking, photography (www.fotolog.net/bonfire), hillwalking
2004 Holidays: One week in Val D'Isere, various days in small resorts in Norway.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
bonfire, welcome to snowHeads: you may be the only Norwegian here
And thank you for reviving this thread. I had somehow missed it. I see a number of imposters (Lightsiders) have posted their details here: there is obviously some fascination in declaring personal details, so I may as well join in.
Name: John Barcroft
Equipment: S/5 ADU and Fresenius master TCI pump
Settings: default
Favourite style: Regional ("local") and sedation (half bottle of Jack Daniels)
Started riding: 2004
Days Riding: 3
Ski?: since 1987, and still happier on 2 planks than flat on my back with a tray
Other Interests: Rosie and Tom (children), music, tinkering with computers, female anatomy.
2004 Holidays: Morzine (learning to snowboard), Belle Plagne (anaesthetic meeting), Coumayeur (attempt at Vallee Blanche foiled by bad weather), Val Thorens (snowHeads summit meeting)

I note I am the odd one out here. Not because I ski, but because I am ancient. Sad
Thirteen snowNuts have posted their profile, and all but DB have given their age. The age range is very tight at 27 - 34 (mean 30.83).
I'll get my Zimmer ......
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Name: Glynis
Equipment: K2 Zeppelin, K2 plasma bindings
Started: 1999
Days Riding: Most days, couldn't get enough so moved to Bulgaria & bought a hotel Wink
Ski: For last 10 years but getting less & less
latest report
Name: Sinead
Occupation: PA- aka Life sorter for useless men of various ages, for money and presents
Equipment: Currently on my new K2 Luna - love it!
Started: 2002
Days Riding: about 10 weeks
Skiing: I can do it with my eyes closed! - 8 weeks

dislikes: Stupid arrogant men, public transport, my ex boyfriends, pound land, flat shoes, cheese and ham sandwiches (cheese or ham but NEVER cheese and ham), scottish people who say juice when they actually mean squash

2004 holidays: only got one ski trip in to Pas de la Casa- was all I could manage cos I came home with a suitcase of booze and ciggies and I had bronchitis ( dodgy spelling)
2005 holidays: Well my dads moved to Southern Spain so a few sneaky trips to Sierra Nevada are called for, Arinsal with family and Risoul with busc
2006 - Season in La Plagne
2007- Week in Arinsal/ Vallnord with the bf and trip to Val D'Isere in March

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 29-01-07 17:13; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
OK, been posting here a little while so thought I had better give myself a proper introduction.

Name: Luke
Started riding: 1996
Days riding: 85
Style: Freeriding/carving/powder
Stance: Goofy, +20, -5
Kit: 2001 K2 Eldorado 164, 2001 Flow FL39 bindings, 1996 Airwalk Freeride boots.
2004/2005 trip plans: alpine glacier trip in the autumn, a few long weekends, a week in comfort with the family and, to finish, riding beneath the midnight sun in Riksgransen, Sweeden.
Best day: Riding the backcountry from La Tour in Chamonix with Neil McNab.
Worst day: New Year's day at Nevis Range, braved a hangover to travel 2 hours there only to wait a further 4 hours before they opened half a run in the rain.
Ski: not since 1996

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 8-12-04 12:08; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Name: Matt
Started riding: 1996
Days riding: 96
Style: Freeriding/carving/powder + freestyle
Stance: Goofy, +18, -15
Kit: K2 Fat Bob, Salomon ERA, SPX6 Sal bindings, F24 Salomon Boots.
2004/2005 trip plans: Season in Fernie - giving up work finally, doing instructors course -see where it takes me??.
Best day: Heli Boarding 2004 Panorama + Powder day at Kicking Horse.
Worst day: New Year's day at Vogel Solvenia 2002 - Broke shoulder - then drove to hospital in major pain, put the end to that season although did get 2 weeks in Morzine - on pain killer Shocked .
Ski: not since 1995
snow report
Name: Plake
Started riding: Oct 03 (skiing since 1983 Blush )
Days riding: 8
Resorts: Wengen, Park City, Sundance, Snowbird
Gear: K2 Access, Salomon SP3/Dialogue +18/-9
Style: hmmm, not much yet, maybe next season...
ski holidays
Name: D
Started riding: '98 Soldeu, Andorra
Days riding: 90ish
Resorts: Been to Sauze, Courchevel and Livigno a few time, a load of others just the once.
Gear: Ride DH159 with Tomcat bindings also Forum Explorer 163 with Salomon S4 bindings, Malamute boots and a load of other clobber too.
Style: Prefer freeride but have actually started to manage some rotations now!

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Thu 13-10-05 13:29; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
Name: Paul Bennett
Equipment: Snowboard / Burton Uninc/Sims Fader---Missions '04---BFB's
Ski's / Volkl V Pro--- Salomon Xcream---Head Mad Trix
Settings: Duck 15 -15
Started Boarding: 2004
Days Boarding: 2/3 times a week since started (mostly Snowflex)
Resorts Visited: Fernie, Zermatt, Kitzbuhel, St. Anton, Les Arcs, 3 Valleys, Val D'Isere/Tignes,
Winter Park, Saalbach, Sauze, all Andorra, and others
2005 Holidays: La Plagne, Pas De La Casa, Cervina, Fernie
Style: All rounder
Other Interests: Biking (motor), Skiing

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Sat 5-01-08 1:07; edited 5 times in total
latest report
bonfire, sorry if this isn't "thread" related, but do you happen to know Hafjel? If so could you let me know what you think of it? I'm considering doing a season there this winter, woud you recommend?

Ah and as for the official subject:
Name: Amy Blanchard
Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands (below sea-level!!!) Crying or Very sad
Equipment: Quechua 155, Emery boots
Started: '94 in Alpe d'Huez
Days riding: probably round 50
Skiing: used to!
Resorts visited: Alpe d'Huez, Tignes, Serre-Chevalier, Pyrénées and New Jersey
2004 holidays: 2 weeks in Serre-Chevalier
latest report
Name: John Scott
Location: Teddington(South West London) & Bigbury(South Devon)
Equipment: Salomon Seek , Salomon SB4, Salomon Siam
Settings: Regular, +18 front +6 back
Favourite style: all mountain
Started: In about 1984 - one afternoon on a Winterstick in Les Arcs, started properly 2000 in Gressony
Days Riding: about 20 I think.
Ski?: about 100 weeks (includes 4 seasons)
Resorts visited: Tignes, Val d'Isere,Courchevel, Val Thorens, Meribel, La Tania, Les Arcs, Avoriaz, Alpe D'Huez, Les Deux Alpes, Serre Chevalier, Chamonix, Argentiere, Megeve, Valmorel, St Foy, La Rosiere, St Anton, Zell am See, Kaprun, Soll, Kutai, Verbier, Grindlewald, Gressoney, Arraba, Heavenly, Northstar, Snowbird, Alta, Park City, Deer Valley, Sundance, Powder Mountain, Snow Basin, Brighton, Solitude.
Other Interests: Scuba diving, sailing, windsurfing.
2005 Holidays: New Year in La Tania, Killington in early February, + a late one (I hope)
latest report
Name: Stephen Bleakley
Equipment: Lib Tech Emma P 159, Donek Incline 160, Drake F60 Bindings, Burton Mission Ltd Edition (with Capstraps), Salomon Maori boots, Giro Nine.9 Helmet
Settings: Goofy, angles vary from day to day
Favourite style: all mountain
Started: In 1998 - Pas de la Casa
Days Riding: about 70
Ski? : about 30 days
Resorts visited: Tignes, Val d'Isere, Courchevel, Val Thorens, Solden
Colorado - Loveland, Eldora, Winter Park, Breck, Copper Mountain, A Basin.
Other Interests: boozing, listening to house music, avoiding DIY
2006 Holidays: wk in ValD in Feb + probable late weekend somewhere

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Thu 13-10-05 8:43; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Name: Jon Paul
Started Riding: 2000
Equipment: Burton BMC 162, Custom 162, Custom bindings, Thirty Two boots
Time Riding: 30 days ish
Other Sports/Interests: DJing, guitar, Music, Ale, etc etc
2004 Holiday: la plagne with Mr T
2005 Holiday: 2 weeks in Banff and Panorama.
2005 Holiday: Pas de la Crapa
2006 Holiday: Alpe d'Huez
2006 Holiday: la plagne

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Mon 6-03-06 23:28; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Name: Graeme Speirs (Gadge)
Started: 1995(riding) 1982 (skiing)
Days : 15 (riding) 80ish (skiing)
Equipment : various hire stuff
Ability: Still learning really (riding) competent to good (skiing)
Interests!!!!: Got two kids under 4 what interests do I have time for!
2004 vacation : La Plagne, Cham (w/e), La Clusaz("working" w/e) and a wee resort near Grenoble who's name escapes me right now("working" w/e).
2005 vacation: As yet unknown but hopefully more trips than last year.
snow report
Name:-Diarmuid
Started Rding:-Dec2002
Time Riding:-50 Days
Equipment:- Never Summer board + flow F11 / drake F60 bindings + Salomon F24
Other Sports/Interests:-Mountain Biking,Climbing
2004 Holiday:-Chamonix+every weekend Happy

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Sat 15-10-05 12:08; edited 2 times in total
latest report
Name- Anthony Derbyshire,
Age- 34
Occupation- house builder
Location- Swinton, Manchester
Started riding- 2004 Courcheval
Time riding- 2 1/2 weeks, skiing (loads)
Equiptment- Nitro Misfit 155, burton mission. shaun white boots
Style- Goofy stance progressing well.
Ability- just getting to grips with small kickers love off piste.
Other interests- footy, trying to stay young, bit of golf and fishing
Resorts visited- Arinsal, Soldeu, La Clusaz. Les arcs 1800+2000, Courcheval 1600, westendorf, mayerhoffen, castleford excape, swinhope moor england, probably more?

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Thu 8-09-05 1:43; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Name: Neil Swingler
Started Riding: 1996
Equipment: Rad Air Tanker 182, Swoard 168 http://www.extremecarving.com/swoard/swoard.html Snowpro FAST stepin plate bindings, Raichle AF600 hard boots
Style: Alpine + freeride
Other Sports/Interests: Cycling, windsurfing
This winter: Puy St Vincent + Flumserberg or Hoch Ybrig most Sunday mornings
snow report
This thread now has an index in the first post....
snow conditions
Name : Elizabeth B
Weight : Heavier than I want to be
Height : 5' 10"
Equipment : Nidecker Chill board, some unknown bindings and boots!
Experience : 3 days in resort, about the same at Castleford
Competence : Ha ha ha
Resorts Visited : Kaprun
Favourite Run/Moment : Linking 2 turns without falling
This season : Wengen (x2) Bourg - with snowHeads snowHead
Goals : To master a chairlift
snow report
Name : Caz
Weight : 57k
Height : 5'6
Occupation : research scientist & personal trainer if any spare time.
Equipment: Salomon boots, Rossignol board, & flow bindings
Experience : about 8-9 weeks in all (skiijing & boarding)
Competence : ok
Resorts Visited : Valloire x2, zell am zee x3, Chatel x2, Tignes, Morzine x2, n some other places i cant remember!
Favourite Run/Moment : my first jump where i got some air, landing in about 5 foot of soft snow and taking about 2hrs to get out of it!
This season : Morzine...agian
Goals : to ride switch this season.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 20-10-05 12:15; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
cazaroo, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

(I'm sure this'll get edited out later, but welcome anyway!!)
snow conditions
Name : duncan
Weight : no idea
Height : 6'2"
Equipment : rossignol prowler 159, rossignol step in boots + bindings
Experience : 3 years
Competence : beginner
Resorts Visited : kopaonik, serbia
Favourite Run/Moment : double "no stopping run" (from lift, down slope, back to lift and up the lift and down again without stopping or touching my bindings)
This season : kopaonik, serbia, february
Goals : land some air
snow report
Name : matt
Weight : 12 1/2 stone
Height : 5' 8"
Equipment : Option Salsonnen, Burton bindings (CFX?)
Experience : about 10 weeks I'd guess
Competence : strong intermediate
Resorts Visited : Sauze d'Oulx, Whistler, Breckenridge, Banff area, La Tania/3V, Deux Alpes, Chile
Favourite Run/Moment : Mott's Canyon & all the tree runs at Heavenly, Tahoe (I love trees and soft steeps)
This season : Chamonix all season
Goals : meet some people to ride (& drink) with in Cham, to ride some 'real' off piste this winter, & to prove I can run my business from the Alps. Get in touch if you are in the Chamonix area & would like to meet up.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Tue 28-12-04 9:22; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Name : joe
Weight : 10.5s
Height : 5 9
Equipment : Salomon forecast, Ride Bndgs, Legend G4
Experience : ever seeking more
Competence : loving the backcountry
Resorts Visited : Cham, courchevel, kitzbuhel, verbier, saalbach, gulmarg india, cardrona, ohau NZ
Favourite Run/Moment : last bit of courchevel ass on board / gulmarg
This season : there's only one Gulmarg
Goals : bigger stupider stuff, do some teaching
ski holidays
Name : Chris
Age : Not telling, but you can probably guess from when I started skiing...
Weight : 60kg - I know, I know, light weight]
Height : 5'7"
Equipment : Rome board 05, Burton mission Greed '04, 32 Prospect
Experience : you can never have too much- Ski since '84 & boarding on/off since '89 converted in 03 ]
Competence : Pretty good eiissm
Resorts Visited : Tigne, Les Arc, Meribel, Val d'Isere, Lech, Kitz, St Anton, Ishgl, Mayrhoffen, Cervinia, Livigno, Sauze d'Oulx,
This season : St Anton again in late Jan
Goals : to get bigger air without cr@pping myself
ski holidays
Name : Carl
Weight : 100 kilos
Height : 6' 5"
Equipment : Morrow Dimension 168
Experience : Not much! 20 days on board, about 70 days on skis. Switched to boarding 3 years ago.
Competence : Better boarder than I ever was skiing! Distinctly intermediate.
Resorts Visited : Superdevoluy, St. Johann I.T., Sauze D'Oulx, Les Arcs, La Plagne, Val D'Isere, Tignes, Are, Les Deux Alpes (twice), Serre Chevalier, Risoul/Vars, Isola 2000, Ellmau, Kitzbuehel, Flumserberg
Favourite Run/Moment : Isola 2000 when I first managed to carve at speed and on the exhilaration of the moment took on and landed a big jump at the end of the run.
This season : Serre Che in March.
Goals : To get some Flow bindings, to learn to carve more consistently and to snowboard until I'm disgracefully old...
ski holidays
Name : Adam Webb
Weight : 13 Stone
Height : 5'11
Equipment : Salomon Prospect 159, Burton Custom 162, Salomon SPX Pro Bindings, Vans Boots
Experience : About 60-70 days
Competence : Almost advanced....!
Resorts Visited : Three Valleys, Espace Kily, Paradiski, Chamonix, Whistler
Favourite Run/Moment : Every day i've ever spent up a mountain, hitting my first rail in Whistler was pretty memorable though. The Vallee Blanche also stands out...!
This season : 7 days in Tignes then a week in Chamonix.
Goals : Just to get better and better and do more backcountry and off-piste. Love those natural kickers....!

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Tue 3-04-07 15:59; edited 3 times in total
ski holidays
Name : Drew
Weight : 170 lbs
Height : 5'9"
Equipment : Ride Control 163 & Nidecker SOUL 164 FLOW FL11's & TEAM Bindings; Boots-Salomon Dialogue & Northwave BOA Quest; also SCUBA Dive (it's a summer thing)
Experience : Learnt to Ski at 17 yrs, been boarding for the last 3yrs
Competence : I can spell it !
Resorts Visited : Sondrio; Jungfrau; BC are favs
Favourite Run/Moment : Above the clouds...anywhere...or beneath the waves...anywhere
This season : Not yet (work gets in the way)
Goals : Live along time !
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy