Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

UK snow: Wales 2011-2012

Poster: A snowHead
Snowed for an hour on Snowdon!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I stopped-over in Hawaii a few days ago and it snowed briefly at the top of Mount Kea snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I posted this the other day, not one reply!!! Is quite amazing that it
Snowed in Wales, mid June!!!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-west-wales-13731216
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just shows, when in the mountians always be prepared Cool

Even in summer I always have a spare layer, hat and gloves and waterproof.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Also very useful in case of a broken ankle etc and having to wait for rescue.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
First appreciable snow on Snowdon in 2011 !!!!!!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I walked up it on Sunday morning and it was properly miserable, torrential rain the whole time and gales at the top, didn't see any snow though Sad
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Can anyone update the present situation in Wales?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
JohnAdams, Regards to snow??? There will be nothing up there on snowdon. It was a rare event that fresh snow fell in June.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
View towards Snowdon from Elidir Fach courtesy of First Hydro Company:

Click for a larger version

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Thu 28-07-11 9:28; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
JohnAdams wrote:
Can anyone update the present situation in Wales?

It's warm and muggy in Cardiff Toofy Grin
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
A colder summer than normal has slipped nicely in to two glorious days to start the Autumn season here in S Wales.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/walesnature/2011/09/what_happened_to_summer_2011.html

Leaves are very much on the turn, conkers are almost off the trees, berries everywhere, and nighttime temperatures in the low single digits.

Long range forecast from Positive Weather Solutions is looking promising for early 2012

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/2011/09/02/forecaster-predicts-heavy-snow-in-january-again-91466-29348137/

Hopefully we'll have a repeat of last November and December's snow as well.

Watch this space.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Waiting... snowHead
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mike Pow, Think of my gritter drivers... oh hell... yeah... they get overtime Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
Sharkymark, I'm hoping this year to descend Banana Gully on Y Garn. Bring on the snow Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
Scarpa, I would be interested in any local ski trips and a bit of rock hoping when the snow comes its better than the CF.
snow conditions
meandrew, You do any easy winter climbing...? I have loads of spare kit and have quite a bit of experience of taking people up their first gullies and teaching basic ropework and protection. I want to start incorporating that with some descents.
latest report
Scarpa, I used to climb in wales quite a bit I have a cottage near garreg,penryndeaudreth i used to climb on the Molewyns,LLanberris,Tremadog but never done any winter stuff but I would not turn down the chance.I have Got Axe`s crampons boots and the like so any time you want to meet up prior and asses my abilities might be a idea as Like I say it was along time ago that i used to climb but I have been thinking about getting out to my local quarry of late so that would be great.Where abouts in Wales are you?.
snow conditions
Sharkymark, Scarpa, meandrew, Mike Pow, Book me in...

I'm also hopeful to get another year of tracks on the Shropshire Hills. There are a few lines on the Long Mynd that should work with a bit of snow and a kind wind.
snow conditions
"If we will it, it will come" wink

Hoping to ski North Wales and the Shropshire Hills this season too.

Keep us posted please.

And def up for Banana Gully Scarpa
ski holidays
Guys, i will be up for some North/Mid Wales skiing this year. Only issue is i have no off piste skiing experience what so ever so it would have to be somewhere easy for me. If anyone would be up for taking me out somewhere i would be very grateful. I have by own ski boots and i have old Piste skis but im not sure if they would be up to scratch. Anyone fancies meeting up for the day i would be very grateful!!! Cheers.
snow report
this could be the flash meet of the season,cant wait Laughing
ski holidays
Keep me updated on NWales skiing - I live near Prestatyn, so not too far!
snow conditions
Jon Ford, Will do. Do you know anyone with a helicopter by any chance, Heliskiing Wales could really take off!!! Very Happy
snow conditions
meandrew, Many happy memories of penryndeaudreth, my wife's gran was from Llanrug.
There was no finer place for views than sitting on the loo with the door open doing what had to be done......the only loo was outside Smile
snow report
Scarpa, I can recall you had pictures of banana gully could you post them again I will go and have a look.
ski holidays
Ricklovesthepowder, It has crossed my mind. The Army helicopter training corps is just up the road from us.....
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.

http://youtube.com/v/enX1w0LnkKQ everything is just a google away,looks good fun.As soon as their is snow Im going scouting for gullies Smile
snow report
meandrew, nice, looks like it has a bit of pitch on it Happy Anyone have the OS ref ?
snow conditions
AndAnotherThing.. wrote:
Sharkymark, Scarpa, meandrew, Mike Pow, Book me in...

I'm also hopeful to get another year of tracks on the Shropshire Hills. There are a few lines on the Long Mynd that should work with a bit of snow and a kind wind.

Me too. Any snow on the Beacons and I'll be up for it Very Happy
ski holidays
Snowdons been opened already!!
ski holidays
Mosha Marc, cant see how its stuck,I think this will be the start of secret night time ascents.I bet you can drive all the way straddling the tracks.
latest report
There's a good deal of info on Banana Gully here:

http://www.walkingforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=11013.0
ski holidays
Hi Rick,

I lived in Snowdonia for 10 great years and had some good skiing, although it is less reliable than either the Lakes or North Pennines. I heard there has been some good conditions over the last couple of seasons as the vid above shows. The most reliable area was usually the summit of Snowdon with some occasional great decents down towards Glasllyn from Bwlch Glas.

http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Snowdon/photos/3737

I've skied a direct decent of Garnedd Ugain from the summit down towards Glasllyn although there was also some rather exciting down climbing !
the one I always wanted to do was Trinity Gulley, complete with the narrow 6 foot section in the middle. It will have been skied before, probably many times, but would be an awesome route in the right conditions.

In this shot its the gulley in the middle with the climber approaching the top.
http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Snowdon/photos/5110

Ygarn is good, but the longest route I ever found was from the summit of Carnedd Llewelyn down to the Black ladders. So good I had to do it twice, with an hours walk back up between runs snowHead
snow conditions
Peter S, very nice Happy
ski holidays
Peter S wrote:

I've skied a direct decent of Garnedd Ugain from the summit down towards Glasllyn although there was also some rather exciting down climbing !
the one I always wanted to do was Trinity Gulley, complete with the narrow 6 foot section in the middle. It will have been skied before, probably many times, but would be an awesome route in the right conditions.

In this shot its the gulley in the middle with the climber approaching the top.
http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Snowdon/photos/5110

Ygarn is good, but the longest route I ever found was from the summit of Carnedd Llewelyn down to the Black ladders. So good I had to do it twice, with an hours walk back up between runs snowHead

Can you draw the line on that pic please. Think it's the one I've been spying.

And any pics of Carnedd Llewelyn down to the Black Ladders please?
latest report
meandrew, Hope the above pics help because I can't find mine hehehe. Plenty on the net if looking for Y Garn gully pics though.
snow conditions
Mike,

This one

http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/snowheads-personal-galleries/p24536-snowdon2.html
latest report
I can't find any ski references to Trinity Gully but I did come across this Welsh ski touring video.

http://youtube.com/v/gDZSBM3RIUw - looks technical at the 1 min mark !

And a few boarding vid's.

http://youtube.com/v/F3hDV948ing&feature=related - snowboarding in the Brecon Beacons

http://youtube.com/v/ZDlnLgaO8Io&feature=related - North Wales looks better !!!

http://youtube.com/v/pNINgymJXjQ&feature=related

We're going to have to put that right.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy