Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chemmy commentary - unexpected effect ...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So, was watching Eurosport the past few weeks' events, and in particualr teh parallel slalom, and i was (pleasantly) surprised with the physical effect that listening to Chemmy's commentary had on me Wink Something no doubt to do with her squeals and gasps of excitement i guess

Perhaps the female can comment on whether they get a similar response listening to John Clark and the Bells ?

Actually , i thought she was a welcome change and was good to listen to, very informed technically, and also on the social side of the competitors (including even "she's wearing the earrings i bought her for Xmas !" )

Perhaps Eurosport could split screen the programme - the skier on one side and Chemmy on the other
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sev112, did you act on that effect?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
sev112, the only response John Clarke would get from me is a punch in the mouth to shut him up!

Chemmy has been great! I'd rather see her competing but I'm sure that a career awaits her when she hangs up her boots. She wasn't there today at the women's slalom in Zagreb though. Anyone know why?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
maggi wrote:
I'm sure that a career awaits her when she hangs up her boots.

i would hope it will be in front of the camera though, maybe on a dodgy film set somewhere with some pretty ropey plotlines Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ooooh maggi, JC is a snowhead so a bit less violence is in order. For me he's the best 'tator technically speaking.

Most commentaries happen from a studio in Feltham so Chemmy would not have travelled to Zagreb anyway.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Bode Swiller, I've never actually punched anybody ...... Embarassed but the "repetition, hesitation, or deviation" game is what he reminds me of.

Oh, and I didn't mean Chemmy wasn't there. I meant she wasn't "there" commentating rolling eyes . (But you knew that!). So, do you know why? I think she's done all the other women's events lately.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
maggi, I'd imagine being a professional sportsperson the commentating isn't her priority. Recovering from a pretty bad injury, having medical appointments, training sessions or even attending long standing promotional engagements would be - it could be any of these.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
she could be on set somewhere Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
maggi, what?... Confused
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Bode Swiller wrote:
Ooooh maggi, JC is a snowhead so a bit less violence is in order. For me he's the best 'tator technically speaking.

+1....it's that annoying tw@t Fellows who irks me rolling eyes

In spite of generally enjoying JC's commentary, it does seem there may be some who are not entirely in agreement.....http://uk.messages.eurosport.yahoo.com/mbprofile?bn=UKS-RU-scotland&mid=4

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Wed 5-01-11 14:13; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
John Clarke is a legend.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I think JC makes the entire thing, much more so than some of his fellow commentators.

ps,
sev112 wrote:
Perhaps the female can comment on whether they get a similar response listening to John Clark and the Bells ?
Is that what he refers to them as then ?? Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy