Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Edge2Edge Ski Hire

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Off to Les Arcs in March and was thinking off hiring skis from Edge2Edge (http://www.edge2edge.co.uk/)

Has anyone hired from them before, in particular used their drop off in resort service.

The price seems cheaper than most in resort ski hire places so whats the catch ??
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
not used the drop off in resort service with them but have hired from them and transported them myself to resort for the last 2 years. I have found them very good, ski quality is good with a reasonable range and service was effective. Got them fitted to the boots at the Reali-Ski in Radlett and picked up and drop off ski's en-route to Gatwick from Hertfordshire.

As my partner has not yet got ski's likely to hire from them again this year and still a saving on resort prices even with ski carriage costs form the TO.

Only downside i can see is you are stuck with the same ski all holiday in resort, not a big issue but as my partner found in Whistler over christmas, if the conditions change dramatically it can be useful to swap ski's in the week for a different style.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Alfie, Not used them myself but my Mum & Dad used to use them all the time and always sung their praises.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Used edge2edge last season and they were really good. Ski's were in a good conditon, and they only rent them out for 6 weeks of the season ( not sure if this is the same when picking up from resort)
Picked skis from their premium range as they were one of the pairs that I was looking to possibly buy. Didn't use their in resort pick up as the offer wasn't there at the time, I think they have only started that from this season.
If you hire and pick them up in this country you also have the option to buy the ski minus the cost of the hire when you get back.
I waited until the end of the season knowing that they would go into their sale and think I picked up a bargain at £130 including bindings.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for your help. Will give them a try and report back
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi Alfie,

Not sure if you have already spoken to E2E but I would whole-heartedly recommend them. I'm only on my 3rd ski trip but they have helped me out everytime. I work close to Gatwick so very useful for me, and a HELL of a lot cheaper now that the £-Euro is so dire. Staff there are incredibly helpful and seem to know their stuff as well.

Hope that helps!

Chris
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Used them the last two holidays at new year and I was really impressed - I had brand new skis both times. Prices are reasonable and if you can't get to the store/airport or are not going to a listed resort they will arrange courier delivery/collection for £15 (1 or 2 pairs).
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi Alfie,

Just come across your post from last year re. Edge2Edge and wondered if you did use them in the end and what your experience of them was. I've been looking at them for our trip to Courchevel in Jan and was thinking about the delivery service. Any feedback gratefully received.

Cheers

Ian
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
They have one of their staff based locally, he was in the shop the other week while i was there and looking forward to the new season (lucky b'stard)

He will drop to your hotel or apartment on the day/night you get there and collect on your last evening

My mate and I have ordered a couple of pairs from them for Les Arcs in Jan, Head Supershape Titan and Salomon X-wing Tornado Ti
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
No catch, excellent service. I have used 5 times in last 15 months, you get discount for repeat business. They have the latest skis. It is about £70 for one week for supershape titan which is amazing.

Only issue we had was my partners boots but she got some new ones in resort and they covered costs under comfort guarantee. Excellents service and much cheaper than going in resort. I used to use snowrental . net but there is no guarantee you will get good gear even if reserving premium skis.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
lowerist,
Quote:

I have used 5 times in last 15 months

You may be better buying your own gear at that level of use Puzzled more so given the issues you had with boots?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy