Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

volkl estrella or salomon topaz......confused needing help

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
volkl estrelle 150....tried these at MK liked them but difficult to judge during half term weeks sludgy icecream!....reviews seem to be calling it an advanced expert ski- any views snowheads? it felt great on the day- but hey its not a mountain!
I was happily skiing reds in Schladming Austria on hardpack and a thin snow machine covering ( early January)- wiped out on blacks when attempting small turns (fast!!!) - but hey trying to progress! best bit of the holiday was the ureka moment carving long turns during lessons.
i like small and long turns, bumps ok. 5'5'' 150lb
I tried Atomic cloud 9 151 at MK but it was heavier than the volkl estrella.....and the volkl aire 153 was far too skittish and flappy

any views on Salomon Topaz also appreciated - Thanks!!!!!!..................so confused guys -help! :lol:
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
tripletimestep, I haven't tried any of the skis you mention, so I can confuse you yet further by saying that I have tried and enjoyed the following ladies skis at indoor slopes this season:

Fischer Koa 78
Rossignol Attraxion VI
Scott Rosa/Maya
Storm Inferno

Wasn't so keen on:

K2 True Luv (felt sluggish and unresponsive)
Rossignol Bandit (bit harder to turn than Attraxion)
Storm Force Pro (felt like having a surfboard strapped to each foot, couldn't control them at all!)

I'm an intermediate holiday skier who cruises about on piste (not off-piste) and I tend to like skis that turn well, feel stable, hold an edge and deal with slushy stuff without too much hassle. I'm told there are a wealth of piste-orientated skis out there for gals like me and it's purely down to personal preference. I didn't enjoy my hire skis last season (Salomon Streetracer 6) but that may have been more down to preparation than the actual skis themselves.

I found I could notice quite a difference between skis at indoor slopes. Tamworth for example is quite icy and a good test of edges, at Hemel the snow is softer and towards the end of the session was a bit heavy in places so a good test of how the skis deal with soft and heavy snow.

I guess what I'm saying is that it's quite subjective. What suits one skier may not suit another.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks for your imput...I've only just joined so excited to get a reply!
with reference to your view on the k2s I hired k2 one luvs last year and found them sluggish- so even though my skiings improved have decided not to test any k2s.
I think I'll try the koa and scott mayas which both seem to have good reviews.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
they have some really good deals on the internet on attraxion I s....which received a good review in the daily mail ski mag....but I don't think it would be good for progressing on.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
tripletimestep, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead Good luck with your ski hunt snowHead

Quote:
I guess what I'm saying is that it's quite subjective. What suits one skier may not suit another.
And absolutely true! I tried out the Fischer Koas in Milton Keynes and didn't like them at all Very Happy Your best bet is to read some reviews, think which skis might sort your type of skiing, and then try some out, either in a snowdome or out in the mountains
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
thanks.......yes think I'll go and have another play at hemel and try the attraxion VI and try the koas myself. I'm waiting to catch an end of season bargain hopefully!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi......few weeks since my post but now the proud owner of some Scott Mayas.......may cuddle them in bed tonight LOL!
went to MK and Hemel
tried Dynastar legends 158- would have been 2nd choice
Dynastar actives- fun but too light
K2 one luvs- still don't like them....thought i'd give the k2s another chance ....just not me
Scott mayas- smiled as soon as i tried them

thanks for the imput guys
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy