Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier Improvments

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
From the Televerbier website

"Great improvements for Medran in 2010
A major face-lift has been given to the lift station at Medran this summer. As a result, a new improved welcome zone awaits all you snow aficionados for the 2010/11 winter season. The reception area has been redesigned to regroup the Verbier Sport + and Televerbier cash-desks, and custom serviced ski and boot lockers (complete with heating and disinfection systems) have been set up for your absolute comfort after the ski day – simply drop your ski equipment off at Medran, and head for the new Nespresso bar to enjoy a delicious coffee or an aperitif and a snack. Furthermore, clients returning to Verbier from Ruinettes, or making their way from Verbier to Le Châble, will benefit from two new escalators put into place to better service their needs.

New ski pass scanners for your convenience
The installation of ski pass scanners using the latest technology will make for a smoother, quicker access to the slopes. While every lift facility across the ski area will be upgraded with this system over the next two years, priority will be given for this coming season to the following high traffic lifts: Attelas 2, Chaux 2, Lac 1, Lac 3, Chaux-Express (from Ruinettes) and La Chaux.

A new look for the Mont Fort lift
Following suit to the Tortin – Gentianes cable-car, it is now up to the Gentianes - Mont Fort (Mont-Fort 2) lift to get its makeover, with the arrival of two new cabins produced by CWA, a company based in Solothurn. We have taken this opportunity to connect the top of the Mont-Fort to the electric network, thus ensuring power to the new cable-car’s access gates, as well as to the igloo snack bar on top of the Mont-Fort. The unpleasant smells emitted by the generator that once supplied the highest permanently operated igloo in Europe (3,300m) will now be a thing of the past.

A loading carpet for the Lac des Vaux 3 chairlift
In order to facilitate access and improve safety and comfort to the Lac 3 fixed-gripped chairlift, a new carpet loading access has been installed. This will ensure a better flow of this very busy lift"

The escalators at Medran will be the biggest improvment. !!!!. Does anyone have news on the new lift from Carrfour across to Savolyes ?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It was scheduled for next year, I'm told that has been put back by one year at least and that the whole project is under review as there is some rare lichen/lizzard or something that the enviroterrorists are getting up in arms about
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
escalators!!! at last. long overdue, the amount of people down-lifting who half kill themselves on those steep concrete steps is ridiculous. the lac de vaux carpet will only help if the lifties at least pretend to pay attention when people fall over on them...... but still an improvement.

anyone got any news on the massive earthworks going on around the medran carparks?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rungsp wrote:
It was scheduled for next year, I'm told that has been put back by one year at least and that the whole project is under review as there is some rare lichen/lizzard or something that the enviroterrorists are getting up in arms about

Ya.. how dare they put the interests of a living species in front of some people who can't be bothered to hike the mountain they love to ski.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I was in Verbier a couple of weeks ago Mountain Biking, and they were doing a lot of work around the Medran Base station. The car park was closed off and was a building site, and we had to access the lift via a side entrance up the slope at the side.

Mind you, the one time I used the Medran for skiing last winter, the queue to get on the lift was about an hour, stretching out into the car park. I'm not sure an escalator would help much. I'm hoping this was a one-off though - it was on a beautiful Saturday, the day after a massive dump. I thought Saturdays were supposed to be quiet change-over days too! Maybe some Verbier regulars can put me right?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Whitters, I think the only time I have seen a mega queue like that is are as the conditons you have described.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
gilo, the earthworks are for the construction of les trios rocs. An hotel, apartment & commercial centre and they'll go on for a couple of years yet.

Whitters, not everyone goes skiing for a week Saturday to Saturday. Apart from locals there are huge numbers that come up from Geneve and Lausanne at the prospect of conditions like you describe.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for the replies

I was one of those who came up from between Geneva and Lausanne for the day and so added to the chaos!

Next time I'll head up from Le Châble rather than Medran
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Whitters, you came all that way and drove up to Verbier instead of stopping in Le Chable (where the longest queue I have ever had in 5 years was 3 cabins)??

HAHAHAHAHA
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rungsp, well it was the first time I'd been to Verbier, so I had no idea what that lift served. Know better now.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Whitters, send a PM or something when you know your plans and if we are there we can meet up for a slide around the 4 Valleys if you like.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Steve Sparks, thought that might be it but couldn't believe they'd actually gotten started, I've been admiring the pretty model next to Dani sports for the last 3 seasons!!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rungsp, thanks for the offer. See you in the winter!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy