Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

LaCroix skis

Poster: A snowHead
anyone ski on LaCroix skis here? What do you think of them?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
davidof, very pretty.

Sadly, never skied on them. Used to have a rep for being good but pricey, IIRC.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
They just released a 50k 'courchevel' pack.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Vorda wrote:
They just released a 50k 'courchevel' pack.

Yes I've got a good deal on them, about 90% off.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There are a lot of La Croix skis round here - often wondered what they're like.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
davidof, there was that whole Lacroix/Royal Chamonix name confusion with two different makes using the name, so my answer is:

Old LaCroix, yes, new LaCroix no.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
davidof wrote:
anyone ski on LaCroix skis here? What do you think of them?

Hmmm - been talking to my friend at Harrods about these - apparantly the luggage trunk they comes in the pack accounts for at least £20K of the total - not aimed at the russian market much are they! Toofy Grin
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
davidof, the ski shop in Monetier (Stawug) had a pair of Lacroix in the window. They were burgled just after New Year, but the skis weren't touched, they took the cash from the safe.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi, i've just finished skiing on a pair of lacroix pearl rentals & friend on the icerunners, i was really pleasently surprised by how good they were- i initially thought they would be dead average after wanting a more recognised brand but they performed really nicely. Good edge grip, quick edge to egde, smooth & stable at speed. In fact i liked them so much I've been considering buying a pair but difficult to find back in uk! So bottom line , if you can get a top of the range pair for a decent price - go for it , they should be good.. Little Angel
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Vikx, they have some on sport pursuit for cheap.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks jbob- great tip- unfortunatly all wrong lenghths! Typical Confused
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
davidof, I've skied on the Lorme series skis made by Ludovic Lacroix. These are the hand-made custom skis in limited numbers. Excellent quality and real craftmanship.

The Lacroix skis in Sport Pursuit look like they are the left overs from Thril-Outlet's Ebay shop. These skis were as low as £99 Buy-it-now a couple of months back.

Vikx, I have a feeling that Glide and Slide near Leeds are perhaps stocking some Lacroix ski gear next season.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks- I'll check them out later in the year
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Impressive thread-necromancy.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mr Pieholeo wrote:
Impressive thread-necromancy.

Killer! Laughing
ski holidays
Hi,

I bought a pair of the 99 quid Lacroix Premier 185 on ebay, put bindings and skied them twice. I bought them for hard snow/ice days and they are doing the job just fine.
They look very well built and ski great.
The barcode on the wrapping shows they are made in Slovenia. Probably Elan makes them. How the hell they ended up on ebay for so little cash I don't know. I noticed that Lacroix sell only skis mounted with Salomon bindings so probably there was a big leftover from a few years ago that was sold unmounted.
They ski a bit short for a 185 cm ski compared to my other ski Salomon Sentinel 184 but the construction with the double titanal sandwich is solid and stiffish and they handle speed and hold an edge just fine. The mounting point is very far forward like on a freestyle ski which is sth. I am not used to but was not a problem.
If you need well built and good performing skis for cheap and they still sell them, you can buy them with confidence.

Very Happy
By the way I mounted them in a hurry with Atomic Neox 14 bindings without a template and screwed the job a little. Anyway I will remount them with some lifter plates for next winter. If sb has some universal plates like Head/tyrolia RDX or some other that I can put the Atomic Neox on I can buy it.

Puzzled
latest report
plamaka, Thril-Outlet were selling them off on Ebay at £99 (before Sport Pursuit took them) and I was really tempted, but bought some Storm skis instead.

In your post in Buy/Sell/Exchange I mentioned I got a brand new pair of Salomon Hangl plates that would do the job. You could even position the Boot Centre Point at a plus/minus position relative to the setting on the Lacroix skis to suit your preference for freeride or piste. And you are right about the fabrication being farmed out to Elan. The pricier custom/handmade skis are put together in either France or Switzerland, the present generation of Lacroix also make Lagriffe skis.

snow conditions
davidof, Some Lacroix Premier Ultra-Lite skis are on Ebay for £85 plus p&p. plamaka, should be able to let you know how these perform. I'm very tempted................................... Madeye-Smiley
snow report
As it's Easter, a thread resurrection.

I recently hired a pair of 2014 model Lacroix Carbon Mach's in 172cm whilst skiing in Avoriaz. I didn't want to like them because my neighbour has a pair the same and I wanted so much to take the mickey out of his effeminate white skis with the BCBG brand tag. I was so disappointed that they were actually great, really torsionally stiff and great for carving hard pistes.

I don't believe the hype about carbon/titanium/handmade blah blah and if they're made in Slovenia as one poster suggested, it's likely to be at the Elan factory and rebranded. You can probably get better GS skis for less without the prestige brand name, but they did ski nicely.

The bindings looked like Salomon relabelled as Lacroix, by the way.
ski holidays
@snoozeboy, I don't thing La Croix is anything approaching a prestige brand nowadays.
latest report
pam w wrote:
@snoozeboy, I don't thing La Croix is anything approaching a prestige brand nowadays.

Well, the label price for the Carbon Mach skis was EUR1150. Maybe the brand isn't what it used to be, but the prices are still up there.
ski holidays
@snoozeboy, My chum in Champoluc only a few years ago had a pair retailing at €4,400 ... Shocked
snow conditions
Is there more than one make with the same name? Lots of reports above of super cheap prices and they're not expensive locally.
snow report
@pam w, Lots of Lacroix skis on ebay France, "skis d'occaision" from about 2010-12. Some good deals for original price in excess of £1000.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy