Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is it better to wear Goggles or Sunglasses?

Poster: A snowHead
nice to see a spammer got this excellent debate going again rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Arno, do you think he's a sock puppet as well as a spammer?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ccl wrote:
......End of thread. Let's talk about helmets. Cool

Under way.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
rob@rar i'm talking about anneeoo9 who hasn't really done any proper trolling yet (you can't be a good troll with only 1 post) so i don't think he/she/is is a sock puppet
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rob@rar wrote:
Arno, do you think he's a sock puppet as well as a spammer?

I trust this is not a reference to me Little Angel If so, I throw my ski glove at your feet and challenge you to fight it out at dawn with ski poles. Before starting, however, we can discuss whether to wear straps or not and if so how to wear them, by which time it will be lunchtime and we will probably adjourn for a beer and a blether instead wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I definitely recommend goggles in a sword fight.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Oh dear, looks as though I'll have to pull out of the EoSB due to terminal naffness - I wear sunglasses with a helmet Embarassed Embarassed

---but I do wear Yodai goggles when it's snowing (well I would, wouldn't I Toofy Grin )
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ccl wrote:
I trust this is not a reference to me Little Angel

Nope Little Angel
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yoda wrote:
Oh dear, looks as though I'll have to pull out of the EoSB due to terminal naffness - I wear sunglasses with a helmet Embarassed Embarassed

Terminal naffness? You and me both, then. Embarassed Mind you, it's not one that I understand. Who actually decides that sunglasses with helmet is naff? By what authority do they pronounce such things? ........ And who cares a toss anyway? Laughing
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
These days with helmets, my wearing of sunnies is reduced to the lunchtime stop. Even if they do not go under the helmet, they will always get caught by the straps. Also with lenses being a relatively easy job to change these days, it is not so much of a faff to have lenses for all occasions. Rather have them in powder, have a fall, on bad days, etc Sadly I can't predict the falling bit so will stick with goggles. Not sweaty either or mist because of decent venting.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
They pinch though which is naff and damn unconfortable.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
snowpatrol,

shame, thought I looked quite good in my sunnies.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Always googles. I don't understand how people ski in sunglasses: streaming eyes and an uncomfortable fit with a helmet, no thanks. In pow I also like to face the snow out of my eyes.

I do usually have sunnies in my backpack for use when I am booting or skining. This is more comfortable and stops me over heating as well as a chance to even up the goggle tan!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Surely the major disadvantage is that wearing sunnies makes you a (bigger) gaper - as if I care!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
stevew, I'm a gaper???? Crying or Very sad
latest report
HH, you and me both rolling eyes (evidence on the "other" goggle vs sunglasses spat, I mean thread)
snow conditions
I've already pointed to the pointlessness of a thread which simply adds up to the fact we have choices and here I am about to make a pointless point to add the general pointlessness.

narc wrote:
I don't understand how people ski in sunglasses: streaming eyes and an uncomfortable fit with a helmet, no thanks.

So my preference is to wear glasses when at all possible but I do wonder at this comment by narc. I'm only half daft: if it's cold or windy enough to start my eyes watering, I change to goggles; my glasses are entirely comfortable with my helmet - were they not, I wouldn't wear them.

Pretty simple really.
ski holidays
ccl, clearly those who find glasses uncomfortable have strangely shaped heads Laughing

don't understand the eyes watering bit though, shirley any sensible ski shades have side and top/bottom bits to stop UV getting in anyway, so why would your eyes water?
snow conditions
Yoda wrote:
so why would your eyes water?

Running into your skipole at groin level?
snow report
ccl, ah yes, that would do the trick Laughing
ski holidays
ccl wrote:
Yoda wrote:
so why would your eyes water?

Running into your skipole at groin level?

But of course not if you had been holding the pole strap correctly Very Happy
latest report
ccl, My eyes used to water, but I upgraded my sunglasses to level 3, & have had no problems since. My previous ones obviously weren't protective enough, although felt ok.
ski holidays
ccl wrote:
... here I am about to make a pointless point to add the general pointlessness.

Laughing
snow report
rob@rar,
Quote:

ccl wrote:
... here I am about to make a pointless point to add the general pointlessness.

point taken Very Happy
snow conditions
Personally I'll only wear sunnies, mine seem to fit nicely with my helmet and actually co-ordinate nicely with my Rossi 9S Oversize. I find the wind buffeting no problem at all (even when skiing REALLY fast on my blades) when I'm piste-carving and proper skiiers don't go in the snowboard-park anyway to do stunts so there's no need to worry about that side of things. When it gets all snowy I'll head for the bar anyway...
ski holidays
HH wrote:
stevew, I'm a gaper???? Crying or Very sad

I suspect we all are in our own little ways Very Happy
ski holidays
the_doc, Laughing
snow conditions
HH,i'm sure you look very good in them..thought you got a pair of gogs though?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

mine seem to fit nicely with my helmet and actually co-ordinate nicely with my Rossi 9S Oversize

You really spend time thinking about stuff like that? Shocked

Or was that entire post merely taking the mickey? Really, It's getting difficult to spot the satire on here sometimes. Laughing
snow conditions
Quote:

oakley a frame with vr-28 lens, sorted.

I'm confused, should there be a comma after "oakley"?
snow conditions
snowpatrol, aha, forgot about you and your exceptional memory. I did, and I do love them, but only on snowy days. Very Happy
snow report
HH, sunglasses for the beach,gogs for the slopes!!!just had a horrible thought..please tell me you dont wear your sunnies with a helmet??
snow report
snowpatrol, not yet...but am considering it. Will you still love me if I do?
snow conditions
..maybe if you were wearing JUST the sunnies and helmet!!
latest report
xyzpaul wrote:
Quote:

oakley a frame with vr-28 lens, sorted.

I'm confused, should there be a comma after "oakley"?

No, but the "a" should be "A". The "A Frame" is a particular product range within the Oakley brand.
latest report
Qn for those who demand helmets must be accompanied with goggles for fashion or other reasons: do you wear your helmet with goggles in a snowdome/on a dry slope?
snow report
Sideshow_Bob, yup...go on,hit me with it
latest report
Sideshow_Bob, that sort of nitwit probably wears full body armour to the pub (though only if it has the right designer label on it). Laughing
ski holidays
Do you wear your helmet with sunnies in a snowdome?? rolling eyes
snow report
Lizzard,nitwit..he said nitwit..bawhahahahahahaha,bawhahahahahahaha..cant you call me something a bit worse than that
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy