Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chasing that powder this weekend!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all snowHead

I'm going on a last-minute trip to the alps tomorrow, will ski Saturday to Monday. I see the conditions are still pretty good in the main high resorts, but I would love to get one last powder this season.
Any tips for the locals where can I find some fresh pow this weekend? I'm checking www.snow-forecast.com for some insights, any other reliable source? I can drive to basically any place in the Alps.
I'm considering St Anton or Engelberg, any thoughts?

Cheers!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Depends on you definition of 'powder'. There's a lot of the alpes expecting perhaps 10cm or so on Saturday or thereabouts, so fresh snow yes, but powder it will not be, not below around 3000m anyway. Falling on mostly freeze-thaw affected snow, with freezing levels having been well over 2500m for the last week or so, it will provide a welcome late top-up, but not what I would call powder. I'll still be out on the fat powder skis though. snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Chaletbeauroc, you're right... I guess expecting powder is a bit too much, I'll be very happy with some fresh snow to bring out the fat boys Laughing
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Have you booked your flights?

If so, were they cheap enough to bin?

Myrkdalen, Norway if you can go anywhere

Otherwise, St Anton, Austria
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mike Pow wrote:

I'm driving. I live in Holland, so it's "easy" to drive anywhere in the alps snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
AndreSilva wrote:
Mike Pow wrote:

I'm driving. I live in Holland, so it's "easy" to drive anywhere in the alps snowHead

Well I have accommodation (in Morgins, see sig, special rates available on request), will be out skiing as much of the 'powder' as I can, so feel free. I reckon favourite for Saturday will be Plaine Dranse/ Corneboise/Combes, with tree level skiing providing some contrast from what will be otherwise poor vis. Will be driving over in the Landy to start from Pre la Joux, so if anyone wants to join me...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@AndreSilva, I don't know what the current snow on the ground is like, but Engelberg looks good for Sunday in particular, due to the short upcoming cold snap from the North.

https://wepowder.com/en/villages/engelberg#engelberg-titlis

Wepowder reckons up to 60cm at the top and 30cm mid-level, with freezing level all the way down to 1000m.

I've skied excellent powder at Engelberg in mid to late April in similar setups a few years ago, with freezing levels a little higher than forecast this weekend, so would have thought this weekend should be good there (if only for a couple of days!).
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@AndreSilva, Check out Henri's forecasts at Wepowder https://wepowder.com/en/weblog/2024/03/18/snow-down-to-the-valleys-this-weekend, its run by Dutch folk so there is a Dutch version too
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
musehead wrote:

I've skied excellent powder at Engelberg in mid to late April in similar setups a few years ago, with freezing levels a little higher than forecast this weekend, so would have thought this weekend should be good there (if only for a couple of days!).

Had exactly the same mid April last year, loads of fresh snow. Would be a good place for a short break too, as it's not a particularly big area.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
swskier wrote:
musehead wrote:

Had exactly the same mid April last year, loads of fresh snow. Would be a good place for a short break too, as it's not a particularly big area.

It may not be big on a map, but when you factor in the verticals it's Huge. Madeye-Smiley

Would definitely be on my list if I were in the OP's place. We lived there for ten years, usually skied all of April and sometimes well into May as well. Sometimes I do miss it...
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@AndreSilva, both good options. Add Chamonix, Andermatt and Verbier. Cold temps and snow coming this weekend so you’ll want trees Sat / Sun. Monday should be a bluebird pow day - could be a great one!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy