Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help, help, urgent: Need recommendation for Megeve

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I really do need some sort of recommendation for Megeve - even if it's just an OK ski school - someone must have been there recently. [/b]
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
easiski, there's Simon Butler Skiing (just back, after the umpteenth visit). However, they do not offer instruction outside of the package deals they sell. I've used the ESF in Megève for kids' instruction, but too long ago for the experience to be relevant. I think there are smaller operations about, but I've no direct experience of any of them.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
laundryman, Thanks for that anyway - I was beginning to think no-one had ever been there!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Simon Brown has a ski schol there.. White Sensations I think. I have no experience of skiing with him, but met him on a BASI course once I ski with Mr butler and Jay as Laundryman said it is a package deal.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dunk, Thanks - I know Simon Brown. I went to the Megeve website but they have no information about ski-ing at all! I could not find anything except the Bureau des Guides! I'll try White Sensations as I don't want my hard work ruined by some dodgy teaching!!

Thanks
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
White Sensations have a totally new way of teaching, well, compared to what I've experienced. They simply focus on one part of your body, perfect it, then move on Puzzled So if you're beginning, they may focus on your feet??? and let the rest of your body do whatever? My girlfriend had a private lesson with them, and it really mucked her around Puzzled
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
bunsen, Can you be more specific which part of her body where they concentrating on!! Toofy Grin Sorry couldn't resist.
BTW when did Simon Butler get out of jail?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dypcdiver, He had better not be in jail as I am off to ski with him next Sat wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dunk, He may not be in jail but he should be - he's been not playing the game, not jumping through all the hoops that the rest of us have jumped through - and I don't see why he should get away with working in France illegally - just my opinion (having jumped through all the hoops)! Could be sour grapes of course!! Confused Confused

bunsen, Interesting - I did email them, recieved a reply and wrote immediately, but no response so I gues the kids will be with ESF in large group - can't hurt though as they'll only follow the leader anyway.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
easiski, opinion noted and I must agree that all must abide by the same rules. As I am aware, of how skillful and time consuming it is to become an International Ski Teacher within the BASI system, if abuse occurs you wonder what all the hard work was for. Confused
I do think there is more to this story than is commonly known, not that I am privy to any knowledge.

bunsen, sound fascinating I will have to try and stand/ski close to one of thier lessons next week, see what part of the body they are working on. wink Very Happy
Myself I am a foot person, they are the things that control my skis, the rest of me follows, hopefully in balance. wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy