Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

USA/CA - N. ID / E Washington / N.W. Montana / Red Mtn

Poster: A snowHead
Wed morn and I'm crying, 13" sitting at Lookout and they are now closed on Wed, Schweitzer has 5", Whitefish 2".

Silver and 49N closed today.

Skied Lookout anyway was quite fun, really was 13"+. I expect there to be over 20" by tomorrow morning for opening.
Free skiing Thursday for any passholder to come ski Lookout, Friday free with three cans of food.

Silver should open with 13-14" thur. and is half price with shell coupons.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Fri am WOW Lookout was amazing there was over 3.5' off chair 3 took 3 laps just to cut it up so you could ski it. Ski free today 3 cans of food.

Silver is reporting 36" since they were last open on Mon should be incredible today think steeps.

49N 5", Schweitzer 4", Whitefish 6", Blacktail 8". I'll be in the deep at Silver. Very Happy

Well it turned into a fiasco for many chair 2 broke with 50+ people on it and they had to be lift evacuated, another group and some from the first mess then got stuck at the bottom of chair 4 which took till 11:50 to get going another 1-2 hour mess.

I hiked chair 2 skiing untouched Powder great day for me, chair 2 down till next weekend. Sunny today. No new snow.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sun 1-03-09 15:54; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Saturday turned into another zoo Cat was hauling skiers to the top of chair 2 with ropes, lift lines on chair 4 to get to the cat line were 20-30 minutes. Chair 2 is up and running today.

On another note the main chair at Lookout went down around noon yesterday but no mention today on web page.

Snow tonight, tomorrow, tues.....
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
2" at 49N and Schweitzer, Silver and Lookout both above freezing at 5am with a warm storm rolling in today with winds, both ski areas fixed the lifts and were fully operational Sunday. No fresh at Whitefish.

Thursday and Friday show great promise for snow.

Wed AM 3" at 49N, 5" w/3" last 12 hr on top at Schweitzer, Lookout and Silver closed. temps still warm.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Schweitzer Rules they are open with 5" in 24 and 11" in 48 hours, Whitewater 4", Whitefish and Blacktail pulled in 2".
Silver and Lookout 3" closed today. Storm warning tonight for Silver Valley, Silver Mtn and Lookout.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thur am Silver and Lookout pulled in 3" and 3" so opening after two days closed with 6" total and temps in the low 20's, forecasts says major snow by Fri am. High Winds today 15-25 mph across the area.

Schweitzer 4" in 24 hr, Whitewater 6", 49N closed.

Fri am and WOW AMAZING AND FORTUITOUS, SNOWED ALL DAY, at least in the Silver Valley both Lookout and Silver pounded all day with snow Thursday, Lookout received 9" during the day and another 8" last night, Silver saw 8" during the day with 4" new overnight, great snow too.

Schweitzer 4" overnight, 49N 3-5" overnight and 3-4" during the day yesterday. Whitefish and Blacktail 5".
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Whitefish, Silver, and Lookout 5", Blacktail 6", Schweitzer 2.5", 49N 2" Temps in the teens with Monday sounding like a major Powder day.

Great day of skiing on Sunday snowed all day but totals aren't what we saw skiing. More snow today with low temps and then it dries out and temps moderate later in the week.
Schweitzer and 49N just a trace in 24. Silver and Lookout 3" yesterday with Lookout getting an additional 1" overnight expect another Great Powder day especially in the Silver Valley heavy snows forecast.

Laps to town off the Gondola very worthwhile the last four days.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Go 49N 2" overnight 9" in 24 hr, Schweitzer 3-5" 24 hr, WH2O 12" British Columbia super snow, Whitefish 2" yawn.

Hike Lookout 6" overnight 10" in 24 hr.

So anyone reading this or should I just sleep in and go skiing?

Wed morn and it's brutally cold 0 F, off to hike today.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
They said go north WH2O 14" go Nelson, 49N 6" in 12 hr 8" 24 hr, Schweitzer and Silver 5", Lookout 7" and Blacktail MT 1".
On another note Friday the 13th was special for Turner after a week down they opened with +3'.

WH2O still getting snow another 5", all ski areas got snow throughout the day on Sunday and this AM they are reporting trace-2" overnight with 10-14" falling during the day Sunday, morning was better, by noon everyone was coming in wet but not snowy.

Friday morning and 7" at WH2O, Schweitzer 1" still better to be North.

Moisture continues Very Happy and temps rise throughout the week. Sad
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Rained and rained hard all night in the valley Silver and Lookout 1" temps just at to barely below freezing, 49N trace, Schweitzer manages 5"+ temps 32 at village 29 on top. I love skiing but I think I can miss out on today.

Rain in the valley most of the day Sunday, Silver 1" Lookout 2" for Monday morning. Schweitzer & 49N 0".

Season ends 5th of April across the area, possible Silver Saturdays at Silver, open 25th of April for Leadman triathalon.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Powderhounds powder thursday at Lookout 15" and Silver 14", Schweitzer Trace going to be bluebird go play. I'm back to work Monday so to all who read this have a great summer.

High winds and more moisture forecast for the weekend.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Snowing again but sunny and warm predicted for the weekend.

Silver and Lookout will both be open 11th of April, poss the 18th for Silver and open for the Leadman race on the 25th.
Silver saturdays continue as long as 1000 skiers show up the preceeding Sat.

Beautiful day on the 18th very good corn snow and sun temps were spot on too. Looks like the 25th will be like the 11th with moisture in some form falling out of the sky, the skiing was still good even with the snizzle.

Any athletes out there Leadman triathalon ski bike run, I'll just be skiing for fun.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Great Divide ski area open today 10 - 5 pm after a snow storm rolled through this week leaving 2' in the mtns tickets $19. 1st Montana ski area to make it to May according to the article in the Missoulian.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well it didn't freeze overnight but thanks to a local auto dealership they opened Silver Mt for Sunday. Skiing was pretty good on the North facing slopes but really soft on the south aspects. Still sunny skiing in May no complaints.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
pinhead wrote:
Well it didn't freeze overnight but thanks to a local auto dealership they opened Silver Mt for Sunday. Skiing was pretty good on the North facing slopes but really soft on the south aspects. Still sunny skiing in May no complaints.

wow - i didn't know this!!! How's the cover compare to this time last year?

we were at closing weekend at Bachelor - they closed with full coverage and 120 inch base. There was some superb spring skiing up there. Aiming at Whistler this weekend, probbaly last ski weekend of season.

We have Silver season passes for next season, so we must catch up sometime!
ski holidays
Yeah another weekend at Silver open this Sat and Sun for $ 25. The end of May and I'm still riding lifts I love it. Very Happy

gortonator, Cover was good last weekend but it didn't freeze so we stayed with the N. facing steeps they were very good. Price on passes was a steal for 09/10 can't blame you for picking those up.
Yes we should hook up sometime and unless things change I am up there most days.

Headed up in a few minutes to go pound the slush into submission again.
Skiing was nice on Sat as it had froze Fri night, had to hike to get back to chair 2 but N Face Glades still the best skiing.
ski holidays
good old Silver - wish they'd advertized this a little more! Whistler was worthe teh drive tho - laps of West Bowl were very worthy!
snow report
Silver, advertise, that would go against their grain but the skiing was fun. Sunday was very warm 48* at 4:30 am but I just kept hiking back out of North Face Glades 25 min laps with better snow.
it's hike to ski or stay home. See ya this coming winter and remember the days start getting shorter soon.

Just a summer update the El Nino in the Pacific continues to strengthen and we are hotter and drier than normal the 09/10 season is starting to look rather grim for the PNW area. It's a good thing the passes were cheap.

7/10/09 El Nino is now expected to last through the winter so those Southern BC and N. Id WA and W. MT are all looking at a very dry and warm winter compared to the last 2 wonderful winters.
latest report
oops

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Tue 13-10-09 15:32; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Some webcams in the area and snow forecast for the week after some record breaking cold.

http://skifernie.com/conditions/mountain-cam.aspx

http://www.redresort.com/mountain/cams/

http://www.skiwhitefish.com/webcams.php

http://www.schweitzer.com/mountain/multimedia/webcams.php

http://silvermt.com/site_Global/Global.aspx?page=GL-Web-Cams

http://www.ski49n.com/content.php?id=46

http://www.mtspokane.com/18/webcam/

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Mon 23-11-09 15:25; edited 2 times in total
snow report
Here a Pic from Jackson Hole 6th October

latest report
17" and snowing at Lookout they will open this Friday through the weekend, snow forecast Wed-Sat and down to the valleys. Let it snow....... Very Happy

Mt. Baker and Crystal opening this week in WA and in OR Timberline and Mt. Hood limited opening.
snow conditions
We're heading to Crystal for the weekend - they hope to have most lifts open and it's dumping right now - base over 1m already. Could be fun. This has been a very snowy week in the Cascades.

Hope we get more at Silver next week and I can get up and get my season pass working!!
ski holidays
Lookout was enjoyable for opening and heard many who thought the snow was great if thin.

Silver hopes to be open thursday 19th but not enough snow in the forecast for that hope.

Heard Baker now has over 72" at base, just may have to head over.
ski holidays
Crystal was good today - sunny, cold, light snow, few rocks but nothing serious. Baker looking good, so are Hood ski hills. Looking fave for next. More beer required - Snorting Elk is quiet but fun
snow conditions
Lookout will be open again this weekend with limited service going to full service on Thanksgiving. Silver and Schweitzer will open the next day Friday 27/11.

Skiing still thin at Lookout but more snow expected over the weekend.

49N is open as of 21/11.

Ski season is here get it now before the next chinook.

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Sat 21-11-09 15:33; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
pinhead wrote:
Lookout will be open again this weekend with limited service going to full service on Thanksgiving. Silver will open the next day Friday.

Ski season is here get it now before the next chinook.

Yep - intend to. looking at Whistler for ThxGiving, sounds crazy up there. Needs to stop snowing for a few days. Hopefully Silver will be in full swing for 1st weekend in Dec, as if it is, we'll be there!
snow report
10" at most of the ski areas yesterday no further snow forecast till friday. All areas should be open by Friday.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
pinhead, excellent. We're heading to Whistler for ThxGiving and hopefully Silver the weekend after to pick up season passes. With luck they'll have a decent base by then
snow report
The warmup we had a week ago Monday really helped to base up the snow, had some good skiing & hiking yesterday.

Enjoy W/B I have a two for one burning a hole in my pocket for W/B hope to get back there at some point this winter.

Snowing at Lookout and Silver right now more snow for Schweitzer and 49N later today and then dry till Friday.
Snowed all day Tues at Silver and Lookout.

Red White and you passes on sale again until the end of Dec. http://www.redwhiteandyoucard.com/
ski holidays
Wow real change since Tues, the moisture created an ice crust 1.5 cm thick, quite nasty hiking Wed, and now 14 hours of rain in the valley and ski areas are reporting 1-2 inches, there should be 6-12" after all this moisture. 49N and Lookout are worth going to but I would avoid Silver and Schweitzer this weekend, not enough open to bother with.

The good news gortonator, gets his base for next week the bad news no moisture in the forecast after today.

Skied Silver Sun very limited skiing unless you ducked ropes and found some fresh, Mon at Lookout was nice first sunny day we've had even some spring type skiing.

5/12 Still thin and ski areas barely open, snow desperately needed.
ski holidays
Mtns reopening today and tomorrow but no new snow and only very light snow in the forecast over the weekend, skiing should start to improve next week with more snow in the forecast.

Sun morn and only a trace of snow at ski areas.

15/12 and finally some significant snowfall ski areas should begin to open more terrain.

18/12 Great skiing thur closer to fully open ski areas.
snow report
El Nino curse continues for Lookout 31"/52" and Silver 15"/40" another 24 hours of moisture and no accumalation.

Further North 49N 29"/55", Schweitzer 32"/52". Above freezing at all 4 lodges.

Red Mtn 5" new this AM 43" or 110cm base.

Whitefish 3" new 51" base.

Tues morn all areas with at least 2" overnight and up to 10" at top of Mtn for Schweitzer. Let it snow.
snow conditions
Finally snow again, snow predicted over the next 3 days, New Years storm comes with El Nino punch. Crying or Very sad

Very slow start to the season considering it started on the 13th of Nov around here.

6" reported at Silver, 4" at Lookout and Schweitzer.
latest report
Fresh snow, finally we are getting away from early season conditions, great skiing with fresh last two days and more fresh this morning 7" at Silver and Schweitzer, Lookout got 5" overnight and 10" in 24 hr, 49N 2", Fernie 10"/22cm. More snow forecast for Monday with dropping temps.
snow report
Schweitzer was prett good yesterday, nice soft snow and almost deserted.

Thinking of Silver thiw weekend, but North Face glades not open yet? Is it still a bit low there?
ski holidays
Silver hasn't opened NFG but they did open the traverse on Sat and it got tracked out very quickly $7 for skiing this Thur so Powder Thur will not be Pow for long 7" new for Thur, Mid Mtn 23" top 79". Riders are ducking the rope and skiing NFG and some have started slides, it's such a toothy area I've been waiting for more snow.

Lookout 7" fresh this morn with 47" base 79" on top. 49N 43"/77". Schweitzer 50"/70". Whitefish 80". Red Mtn 58" or 149cm

No snow in the forecast until Fri/Sat, it is expected to be a light snowfall.
snow report
We're looking at Silver or 49 for Saturday, and then take a few days off and hit Schweitzer and Red. Red should be pretty much skiable in most areas with that base
snow report
49N has a tele GS race and demos Sat I'll be there racing. Might I suggest Turner on Fri and ski the 8"of fresh snow that has been skied everywhere else. Red was down but up and functioning again.
Lookout was really good on Wed with the 7" of fresh more on chair 3 since it has been down since Sunday great skiing to the Interstate.
snow report
Chance we'll be at 49 on Saturday, if friends from Australia arrive in Spokane on time Friday night. Looks like forecast is improving for weekend and early week, so could be pretty good. No huge dumps, but a few inches top-ups would be nice

If you see someone in black, with a 'I fear no beer' sticker on helmet, then say hello. I'll look for some crazy tele-skier ...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy