Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

USA/CA - N. ID / E Washington / N.W. Montana / Red Mtn

Poster: A snowHead
pinhead wrote:
20" totals and climbing more snow on the way, light and fluffy Pow.

Thursday update great skiing past couple days and Lookout got slammed again 12" overnight 19" in 24 hr. Silver came in second with 5" and 10" in 24 hr. Schweitzer 3" and 5", 49N trace and 2" and Whitefish 1" & 3" in 24 hr.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Lookout receives record snowball this week. Over 6.5' most snow this week worldwide.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It snowed last night and should again tonight with Silver open Sat & Sun. Haven't had any spring skiing yet but the freshies have been a lot of fun.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
pinhead, We hate you
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Finally got in two days of spring skiing Silver was nice. Now I' ve got to figure out how to go ski Beartooth Pass, lifts are supposed to start turning this weekend, the OH won't be happy. Ski areas still have 90-130". Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Start of the 11/12 Ski season.
Snow forecast for the week, thanks to another La Nina we should be skiing in time for Thanksgiving.

Sat. morning and 7" at Lookout Pass, season start is close.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Winter storm warning for Wed-Thursday opening day is Friday yes open this weekend, winter is here. At least at Lookout.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pinhead,

how about starting a new thread for this season?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
What more threads. Up to the few who actually check my reports,so you few who check let's here your opinion, can't be more than 3 or 4 riders. New thread or not.
Looking forward to a Powder Friday.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Don't see why we need a new thread.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Well all we need is gortonator's opinion.
Another storm warning for Lookout's opening tomorrow and Crystal is opening Friday, too. Gotta love storm warnings. Very Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Sweet start to the season 3' of snow, it was enjoyed by all. Schweitzer opening tomorrow. Unless projections change all the areas should be open within a week.

49N is also opening today they and Schweitzer received several inches Friday. Just checked 22" at 49N of fresh snow. Lookout reporting 12" this Sat. Morning.

Maybe a new thread next year, maybe I should just quit tracking 6-7 ski areas and go ski.

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Sat 19-11-11 16:08; edited 3 times in total
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
stanton wrote:
pinhead,

how about starting a new thread for this season?

+1 I don't find it that useful to force people to wade through past seasons postings to get to the current conditions. Sure, you can just look at the post date, but sometimes the ads block them and I was several posts in before I realized I was reading stuff from last decade and skipped to the last page. Just my 2 cents.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Another storm warning 6-18" expected. Silver has opened too.

49N received 16" now with a 63" base. 9" for Scweitzer.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Current conditions, Lookout Pass 15"overnight base 35" top 58", 49N base 46" top 63", Schweitzer 49" base top 51". Silver snow report down opening again 11/25, Whitefish opens Dec 3 Red Mtn open Dec 12.
Snow in the forecast all week.
ski holidays
skimottaret wrote:
can you do a S. ID / W.WA / S.E. MT report as well please... would hate to leave anyone out snowHead

I live on the west side of the Cascades and we are getting dumped on big time. As of this afternoon, 24/11/2011, Mt Baker had 26F and 66" to 84," Crystal Mountain 36" to 50," Steven's Pass 45" to 55" and Snoqualmie 23" to 49."

Forecast calls for snow tonight, a warm up Sat and Sun cooing off again Monday.

Unfortunately for me I won't be skiing until May. I ripped my quad tendon right off the patella and had surgery Sept 1st. Last time I skied was mid-May. I will continue to torture myself by reading all the ski forums and weather reports. With the second La Nina weather pattern this year it should be another great late spring and early summer season, I hope, I hope, I hope. Save some powder for me!
snow report
Thanks and good luck fiddler, - I sympathize with you as I had my 2nd ACL op this year.
snow conditions
What a bunch of gimps, myself I have a pinched nerve and can't tolerate sitting so no skiing here either. I can post stoke all 5 local resorts open today.
As for other areas I'll stick to the ones within 3 hours of home, and let others do the rest. Very Happy

Fernie opens Dec 2 operating everyday.

Skied Silver 2/12 conditions OK 25" base 40" top.
ski holidays
High pressure and cold air snow not melting or accumulating.. Still we are skiing even this gimp.

Just checked and Whitefish postponed opening until we get more snow, 25" base.
ski holidays
Hopefully the high pressure will move out soon. We skied White Pass and Crystal this weekend, 2 beautifully sunny, mostly groomer days on excellent base. Sunday was foggy and cold, a little snow. Fingers crossed for storminess, as with established base already, conditions will get good quickly
snow conditions
Fresh snow at Fernie 2" new depth at 5397' 119cm/47" and Castle 14 cm new, base 41cm, top 75 cm. It's been beautiful sunny skiing but ready for some new snow.
Gortonator is right we've got great bases at most ski areas.
snow report
2-4 inches across the region mostly falling during the day Friday. Skiing was quite enjoyable, any less it would have been a dust on crust experience.
snow conditions
Meadows was fun yesterday -fantastic groomers and some good off-trail on north facing stuff. 4 inches of fresh helped. And sunshine Wink

Some photos on blog from first weekend in December at Schweitzer and 49 - http://gortonator.wordpress.com/2011/12/17/superb-early-december-skiing-at-49-degrees-north-and-schweitzer/ = it was really fine. We need some storms for Xmas tho.
snow report
photos from Hood Meadows on Friday at http://gortonator.wordpress.com/2011/12/18/more-sunny-december-skiing/.

T'wasa funday indeed. Now, sun, please go away ...
ski holidays
There is hope in the forecast for a return to snowiness by early next week. My fingers are tightly crossed
snow report
Lookot and 49N received 4" Silver 2" and Schweitzer just a trace. None reported at Whitefish. Going skiing yippie.
snow report
pinhead, how was it? Looks like La Nina might be heading back our way in a day or two! We're heading up to Revelstoke for 3 days after Xmas and then will follow the snow home over NY, Hopefully northern WA/ID will be getting deluged by then and there will be plenty of choice
snow report
Skiing at Silver was sweet today, snowed all day and there is a storm advisory on, looking forward to some great XMAS skiing. No storms Monday, but storms projected for the rest of the week. I love fresh snow and no crowds.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
sounds sweet indeed. Let's hope the La Nina turbo pow starts now!
ski holidays
Fingers crossed for the projected storms its been a long dry spell. Merry XMAS now go ski.
snow report
Looks like its coming down in sunshine again looking at the webcams. Seems Canada hasn't suffered the US drouht up til now.
I'll be in Banff for 3 months in a couple of weeks and will try to contribute to this thread... If I'm not skiing powder.. Or boozing! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Banff would be fun. I have joined the boycott Sunshine crew, having worked at a ski hill I didn't like the way the firings went down. Have a great time.
Another 3" at Lookout and Silver, trace at 49N and Schweitzer. 1 cm for Red Mtn and none at Whitefish.
Moisture in the forecast all week with a warm up starting Wed.
snow conditions
Red Mtn 6 cm, Schweitzer 2", 49N 4" base 6"summit, silver3", Lookout 1". Silver was great with wind drift.
snow report
A wet, warm, and windy storm rolling through. Base temps at or above freezing. Lookout 9" overnight. Silver and Schweitzer 6", 49N 2" and Red 3.5". Yes we've got heavy gloppy fresh snow.
snow conditions
Had plenty of fine snow at Revelstoke last 3 days. Might be heading to KH tonight if Rogers Pass opens .... closed all day
ski holidays
Silver and Lookout 2" in the 24 Jr. Whitefish showing 6". No new at 49N, Schweitzer, and Red Mtn. Skiing was miserable yesterday with the warm up and winds.
ski holidays
What's the most reliable weather report source for Colorado? also is there a SnowHeads thread - I can't seem to find one. Thanks
snow conditions
Honda Kitty, worth a read.

http://opensnow.com/state/CO/dailysnow
snow conditions
nozawaonsen, thank you
snow report
Silver, Schweitzer, and Lookout 5". Whitefish and 49N 4". Red Mtn wins with 5.9" or 15cm. Lookout and 49N at freezing at base or a degree or two warmer. Finally snow and not rain.

Honda Kitty, there is also skitiger.com
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy