Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

"World's highest chairlift" is ready to roll

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead

A chairlift which is claimed to be the "world's highest" is about to commence service at the Colorado ski area of Loveland. Snowstorms over the past 3 days have provided sufficient cover for the operators to switch on 'Chair 9' today.
The top station of the chairlift is at 12,700ft (3871m) and has been equipped with a 360-degree live webcam, which the resort's operators reckon may also be the highest in the world (based on preliminary research)...

More details on www.skiloveland.com
To see that photo BIG, with zoom (bottom right button) click here.

Loveland's high ski terrain is often the first to open in Colorado each autumn, though not necessarily with lifts running.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 7-01-05 12:20; edited 4 times in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
P.S. for those interested, this is the Pentax Versacam they've installed up there. The live image didn't seem to be operating on the Loveland site when I checked it, but this - I think - is the correct link.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Is this a slightly disingenuous claim? It's the highest quad chair, but isn't Gulmarg in India the highest chair lift in the world @ 4138m (if the Gulmarg one is operational that is?)
http://www.goski.com/experts/highest.htm

and which is the highest chair lift in Europe? In Val Thorens someone told me it's the Bouchet chair at Orelle @3230m (Sommet des 3 Vallees) but not sure if that's right or not.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The new Furggsattel chairlift above Zermatt, which has most of its pylons mounted on the glacier, has a top station at 3365m.

Here's some info. about it.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
johnnyrotten, I think (but I've not checked) that the new Gulmarg one is a gondola not a chair.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Here's some more interesting information on the world's highest chairlift (I've removed the quotes because a provisional check seems to confirm the truth of the claim) from Ski Magazine.

Has anyone got any first-hand knowledge of Loveland's skiing?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy