Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2-metre snowstorm blankets Lake Tahoe

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead

Snowiest ski location in the New Year appears to be Lake Tahoe, California, which has received up to 2 metres of new powder at the various ski areas that fill it every spring. The storm is a repeat of a similar dump last year.

Alpine Meadows Ski Resort spokesperson Rachael Woods said: "The amount of snow we've received so far is great, and the weather forecast is calling for much more."...
Squaw Valley is enjoying similar depths. "What a great way to celebrate the new year,” explained Eric Brandt, Director of Marketing.

Lesser-known Sierra-at-Tahoe and Northstar are reporting even deeper falls - up to 2.7m.

Reports from Transworld Snowboarding and Ski Magazine.

If you're wondering how many ski resorts there are above Lake Tahoe, this useful list and map (the bottom map on the page) from www.californiaskiresorts.com points them out.

Photo: Squaw Valley

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 4-01-05 10:10; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
More US snow news: an extremely rare snowfall in Brownsville, Texas - the previous measurable snow was in 1895 - has prompted a local man to put a snowball on sale on ebay.

This report from USA Today.

If you want to bid for the snowball, I think this is the one.

Alternatively, if you'd like a can of London fog I'll see if I can track one down (it was a popular novelty in the 1960s, from memory).
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
David Goldsmith,
Quote:

this useful list and map

but it only lists the Californian resorts - missing Diamond Peak and Mt Rose, although I suppose you could argue that Mt Rose is above Washoe Lake instead.

BTW the skiing at Squaw was fantastic on Saturday - unfortunately I had to go home - well, I had got fed up of digging the car out!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
pollittcl, thanks for pointing that out! I take it you're talking about resorts in Nevada. Can we locate an unbiased map with Diamond Peak and Washoe Lake on it?

Here's an update on the huge amount of precipitation affecting California, from CBC News.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
David Goldsmith, sorry, forgot to put that they are in Nevada.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
David Goldsmith, The forcast is say we're due another storm - starting tonight or tomorrow and ending on Sunday - which may bring more snow than last week's total! We'll have to wait to see! Smile
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yes, pollittcl, things sound pretty dramatic over there. This has appeared on the San Francisco Chronicle website.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
David Goldsmith, yes, I saw that - it's funny though, because what we're getting as rain is nothing when you are used to the UK - the snow on the other hand is something! We need it - Lake Tahoe just kept getting smaller last year.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Well, we don't get quite as much rain as you might think over here! But I was lucky enough to witness at first hand - in August 1975 - the second-heaviest rainstorm ever recorded in the UK: 7 inches in 2.5 hours over Hampstead Heath in NW London. In that storm I saw steep roads turn into wild mountain rivers, and a river flow straight through a house. This report by meteorologist Philip Eden gives a good account of that storm, which was astonishing for its concentration. As the article says, the clouds that erupted hardly moved in that time period and adjacent areas of the city remained bone dry. If only I'd had a camera on me at the time!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
What I was trying to say, I think, is that people are just not used to the rain - what they call a storm over here is just normal for the UK - If we have two weeks where it rains every other day then we've had alot of rain. And then it is sunny again (this might be a slight exaggeration but that's what it feels like). I was driving in the pouring rain a couple of days ago thinking "I'm really glad I don't live in London any longer because I'd be walking from Battersea Bridge to Sloane Square in this, and pushing a baby buggy!" Made me appreciate the luxury of the big car I drive! Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy