Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region

Poster: A snowHead
Inga wrote:
Hey DG, did you notice that Ronan Keating is going to sing sometime in April - what a shame we missed it!!!!!

I'm gutted, every time I drive past the signs for it I realised I've missed it, it's going to be 2nd April according to the signs.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Inga, funnily enough in the Summer they seem to do more events at the Mannlichen, on the other hand in the summer months they seem to get less high winds whic I guess is the reason more things happen there
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
just put a photo onto the snowMedia area of our group ( Solos ) on the final day on First, Grindelwald. That's me in the yellow ski suit in the middle. Have lots of other photos of the Jungfrau area and will add them on shortly.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
a few more photos added on the snowMedia zone
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hibernia, I think these are actually in a user gallery in the name of Joseph. Link here to group photo.
In the very early days of snowMedia these links worked whether you were a registered user or not. Not sure if that is still the case. If you get bounced, apologies.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Perhaps you chaps would like to write a resort report:

http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=5047

Go on, yopu know you want to! snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ian Hopkinson, Oh all right, I guess I could put one together Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I could help! I have loads of photos too....and movie clips
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sorted, however I do plan to completely redo my website later this year and would very much like additional photos of the area possibly movie clips as well, Chris has already provided me with some in the past of the Murren area but I'm particularly short of any covering Grindelwald and the First area
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Inga, DG beat you to it, but that doesn't mean you can't do your own! Have a look at Dave's and the fire away - feel free to link to photos...
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
DG Orf - I have got quite a lot of photos of the three areas but have only posted what I consider to the the best of the bunch. If you require any further please let me know and I will email them to you. Or should I post them all on here?

Kuwait Ian - how do you get the link signature to the photo gallery at the end of your postings?

Inga - query on boots - see the other section. Hope you had a good holiday in Wengen. We only went over for two days to that area, but it was magic.

My favourite photo, apart from the group shot, is the photo of the Eiger, Monch and Jungfrau which was taken from the Piz Gloria revolving restaurant on the Schilthorn. By far the best skiing was in the Murren area, but the rest was also excellent. Even the First area, prone to sun in the afternoon, was in very good shape last week. I probably will go back but be based in Wengen rather than Grindelwald ( I was in Wengen 4 years ago ). I am now convinced that it is a better base for the whole area. The hotel seemed to be of the opinion that the conditions have been the best in years. And the crowds small. I can imagine huge bottlenecks in school half terms so picking the time you go there is crucial.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
hibernia, go to your gallery in snowMedia and pick up the URL for it. Then go to your snowHeads profile and edit the sig so it looks like this green bit (ignore that 'code:' - it's only there so you can see how it works here. Without it you'd get my sig again wink )

Code:
[url=http://snowmediazone.com/the_zone/showgallery.php/cat/510][b]Ian's Photos - Jan 2005[/b][/url]
switching the URL and the words to suit. You can also link to other things - hence Saikee's cute dancing stick man smiley. Credit where credit's due - rob@rar.org pioneered this trick and I stole it.

How did you get on with Solos? I've often thought of them for a holiday. Perhaps a resort report in the standard form ?
Can't have too much about the W place, it seems.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi Guys, i'm back !

Arrived Sunday 13th pm to find a top-up of snow in the village.What a difference Murren looked compared to Dec 04/Jan 05.

Skied Monday to Wednesday from 9-4pm knowing that the temps were rising later on.On Thursday and Friday we only skied till 1pm as everything started to turn to slush. In the afternoon we visited Interlaken and the other afternoon of non skiing we sunbathed in the garden of our appartment.Too hot for now (the temps was 20c in the shade) for any decent skiing unless you catch the first lift and ski till lunch time(eg...spring skiing).

BUT...like every year the temps do drop,new snow falls just before the season ends.

Will post pictures in the gallery,tomorrow..

Inga, i bet that was a funny picture snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
kuwait ian - thanks - tried out the signature thing - hope it works.

Will come back with a report on Solos.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
yes it seems to work, but I'd prefer the short version like Kuwait Ians - sorry frostybear, but I seem to be using your signature to log to my photo gallery.
ski holidays
hibernia, to get rid of the stray code there, I think you need to edit out the spaces between "[" and "url" etc... snowHead
snow report
hibernia, look forward to news about Solos - they went once to what was my favourite hotel in La Plagne but never repeated the trip. Otherwise for sure I'd have gone. 't other Ian is right - banish all the spaces and it'll work. Frostybear is just the name of the server that snowMedia sits on. It shows in some URLs and not in others - depends where you copy from. You might also want to stick a
Code:
[b]  ...... [/b]
round your text to make it bold.
ski holidays
thanks guys, it has worked!!!!
latest report
hibernia, We have the technology snowHead snowHead snowHead Something other snowMedia contributers might like to copy.
snow report
hibernia, very nice as they are, but I'm getting Ians photos from your sig... wink
snow report
Michelle wrote:
hibernia, very nice as they are, but I'm getting Ians photos from your sig... wink
hey so you do. rolling eyes
The technology's busted. No it isn't - just a mini misunderstanding. Hibernia the best way to fix it is to go to Joseph's gallery then copy the whole URL from your browser and paste it into your sig in profile. That 510 on the end of my explanation is unique to my gallery. Joseph's (i.e. your gallery) will have a different number(s). Don't give up - we're nearly there. wink Third time lucky.
snow conditions
Kuwait ian - I have done the Solos report under " Trips ". Any questions, please ask snowHead

In the meantime I will try and sort out the signature thingy. Confused
ski holidays
Thanks Ian - you're a star. That was almost as difficult as my first run on the " Oh God " black run in Grindelwald. Technology is wonderfull, is'nt it ( when it works Very Happy Very Happy )
latest report
hibernia, we get there eventually. Ignore the 2 PMs waiting for you and part of my reply in the Solos thread.
Sig Problem solved. And your pics are well worth the wait. Vursprung durch technic snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
Chris Brookes, Glad you had a great time.....I'm hopeful that the snow will fall again as I am looking to book a last minute deal mid april....

hibernia, I agree that Wengen is more central...it was my first time, however I obviously skied down to Grindelwald a lot and took a diversion into the town itself to have a look round...Wengen is idyllic in comparison.
latest report
See I said Wengen was best Laughing And of course the Hotel Alpenrose there is one of the best of the best wink
snow conditions
Do you know DG that I never saw the Alpenrose...where is it???!!!
ski holidays
Inga, come out of Wengen railway station and turn right in front of the coop, go down the hill hunder the railway and keep walking for about 5 mins and there you are, it's a bit of a walk but you can get a lift up in the morning which is great if wearing ski boots and carrying skis
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
How can you say Wengen is best,omg...lol

Inga, mid April could be dodgy especially in Wengen !!

New pictures in my gallery

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Mon 21-03-05 22:14; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Chris Brookes - glad to hear you've had a good time. It looks like that spring skiing conditions arrived there last week. Was it very slushy near the bottom?. Int he previous week snow conditions were very good for the full week - starting with two full days of snowing followed by 5 days of sun and blue skies, but no so bad as to be slushy near the resorts ( which you could ski down to on all days ).

I agree April looks problematic unless there is another cold snap soon.

Why not put all your photos into a signature gallery which I done in the past few days snowHead
snow conditions
Chris Brookes - just saw your earlier post which answered my question. It seems that the previous week was the last good one! snowHead For now at least!
latest report
All potential visitors to the area should be aware that almost all the lifts in the area are expected to close on April 17th ! Shocked Actually that's about 1 week later than it used to be many years ago
snow report
Thanks DG...I'll look out for it next time (or stay there!)
snow conditions
hibernia, I've put a few pictures from Dec 04/Jan 05 and of the March 05 trip alreadyand i've taken your advice and changed my signature to direct users to my gallery.

D G Orf, alot of the staff from the hotels were finishing the day we were leaving.

Inga, save your money and book for next year
latest report
Yes a lot of hotels finish in early April in the area
latest report
We found last Easter that most places closed on Easter Tuesday...through until June!
latest report
The alpenrose which is probably fairly typical of most of the local hotels will shut on the 12th of April ontil the 19th of May give or take a day or so, my understanding is that most of the local hotels have 2 off seasons about 7 weeks in April/May and about 10 later including October and November, these are when they do maintenance and upgrades on the hotel and the hoteliers may even get a holiday somewhere themselves
ski holidays
Chris Brookes, Your photos are great....it's amazing looking at your view of Wengen from Murren slope how much snow has melted already since I was there Sad

I agree, I'm going to save my money and have a monumental ski holiday next year (2 weeks I hope)! Who knows, maybe I'll even get to Murren next year!
ski holidays
The First area of Grindelwald reports 10cm new snow!!!!!
latest report
Really snowHead I saw that rain was forecast for Wengen today Crying or Very sad
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy