Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ThomsonFly winter Flights now on sale

Poster: A snowHead
Thomsonfly flights for next winter are now on sale.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.thomsonfly.com/en/index.html

wink

Bournemouth Grenoble Sat, 07/02/2009 £ 69.99
Bournemouth Grenoble Sat, 14/02/2009 £ 204.99

Shocked
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
boredsurfin, what did you expect? Thank god my kids are not at school next year
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
boredsurfin, Disco 3 on a drive to France it looks like for me Cool
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Helen Beaumont, Mine are just entering that period where we can't take them out so it's school hols only for us for the next 7 years Sad Our little purchase in Montalbert will certainly be a benefit Toofy Grin

thefatcontroller, Yep ML every holiday next year for us to, the frequent traveller tickets for the tunnel become even more worth it!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
boredsurfin, Do use clubcard vouchers to? At what point does frequent traveller on tunnel become of benefit?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
That's not even half term week, it's the next week I believe (in Cambridgeshire anyway). Likely to be even more expensive. As my daughter started senior school last September I'm now tied to school holidays only. Already booked BA flights to Zurich and an apartment for 2 in Zermatt. With Swiss Rail transfer will work out about £340 each, not bad at all.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Colin B wrote:
That's not even half term week, it's the next week I believe (in Cambridgeshire anyway).

It is the half term week for nearly every school in Britain (standard school year-there is a thread about it somewhere) Sad .

If you are outwith that week you are in the minority and very lucky. Very Happy

snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sage, Worried me a little there! That thread confirms that schools finish on 13th February and return on 23rd. The flight price quoted above is for the previous week.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Doh!!! Must have been taking the thick pills! Just realised the prices quoted are for outward flights on the 2 Saturdays. Embarassed
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
thefatcontroller wrote:
boredsurfin, Do use clubcard vouchers to? At what point does frequent traveller on tunnel become of benefit?

Clubcard vouchers err no wink Don't need to shop Tesco.
Frequent traveller (ft) in theory is 5 return journeys, but currently the max you can pay for a crossing as a ft is £79.00 but the public cost of this crossing can be as high as £180. For example my BiL only does 3 trips but because of the costs of the crossings day/time he goes over he breaks even on 3 return trips. Very Happy
Have you got a telepeage yet? You deffo need one for half term Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
boredsurfin, Yes I do have a telepeage and I get 75% off with clubcard vouchers on Eurotunnel
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
thefatcontroller, and so do I Very Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Helen Beaumont, me too! snowHead
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ThomsonFly don't appear to be that cheap and couldn't get all the flight options to appear, so instead I just booked the Easter week with BA - Gatwick Geneva for £77.80 return inclusive and am feeling rather pleased with that Very Happy
snow report
Quote:

with BA

Ray Not via terminal 5 I hope Laughing
snow conditions
Linds wrote:
Quote:

with BA

Ray Not via terminal 5 I hope Laughing

No wonder you can't find a tradesman in Southern England. They must all have been at Gatwick building those other 3 terminals. Laughing
snow report
casnbs, Thanks so much for the notice. I have just booked our flights from the fantastic Doncaster Sheffield Airport to Geneva for the busy 27th December Saturday flight returning on Sunday 4th January. For 2 adults with 25 kilos each of check-in luggage plus 2 sets of skis and taxes it is £360. I know this is not silly cheap but I am very happy, particularly as the airport is so close to us and hassle free and we will get 8.5 days on the slopes Toofy Grin
latest report
Nobody ever seems to be very cheap for Geneva but thomson were certainly a bargain to Salzburg this year with slz to cov at 6.50 euros!. Austria is fast becoming the skiing country of choice for me at the moment as I can usually save 500 quid or so for the family flights and the transfers are often much shorter....for us anyways.
latest report
Do they tend to get more expensive as the year moves on? I am looking at going skiing from w/s 12th December, not sure of resort, prob will book flight and then see about accommodation closer to the time. Does anyone know if I'd have a problem booking for a single in a chalet / hotel if I wait till very near the time?
snow conditions
KateF yes flights do tend to go up in price but not always!

12th dec is v early so everywhere will be quiet and accom will be easy to find but bear in mind that only some resorts will be open so you may have to be flexible to find decent snow........
ski holidays
Roger C, thanks. I'll have a look at flight now and book just before I go I think. Unfortunately I am not allowed to take leave during Jan, Feb and March, so I try and go once in the early season and once towards the end, also my mum would kill me if I disappeared over Xmas and New Year again!
latest report
Quote:
Unfortunately I am not allowed to take leave during Jan, Feb and March,
The job from hell. MY job is just pleased I am not bothered about the summer
ski holidays
KateF wrote:
Do they tend to get more expensive as the year moves on? I am looking at going skiing from w/s 12th December, not sure of resort, prob will book flight and then see about accommodation closer to the time. Does anyone know if I'd have a problem booking for a single in a chalet / hotel if I wait till very near the time?

I bought my flights on christmas eve and they were 321.00 compared to 761.00 when they first came out. You only really need to book early on peak flights which they know will sell out, otherwise just pick them up when money is generally being spent on other things.
ski holidays
Helen Beaumont, the job from hell it certainly is, no-body told me until I'd got myself into a 3 year contract....17 months to go!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy