Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Eurotunnel - can i get away with buying 2 sets of day trips

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
there are some astonishing posts on this thread!

let's be clear: what the OP is gaily proposing to do is fraud; i.e. a species of theft; i.e commit one/more criminal offences. if he/she/anyone else does what is proposed, "they" deserve all the sh*t that will be coming their way: crim record, fine/jail, loss of job, public humiliation, publicity, children persecuted by other children, etc, etc, etc. And all that means...no more skiing hols.

You may think you're a smart-back bottom, OP, but the Boys at Eurotunnel will take great delight when they f*ck you - and they will do, have no doubt about it...

Shall we start a "how to evade tax" thread too, whilst we're at it?

Btw, spare me the anticipated abuse and save yourselves the trouble: I won't be reading anything else on this thread.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@janny, spot on hence me sending the link to what happened when a clever dick thought he's find a way to dodge rail tickets. He is banned from working in financial services. Organisations are increasingly using data/analytics/AI in this space and many have the tactics of when they find someone they throw the book publicly at them which acts as a deterrent to the masses. That's before you consider the dynamic that those fiddling the system in effect put up the prices for those who don't fiddle the system . . . . . just like taxes.

I suspect this is not about the OP saving £50 or whatever it is but more about taking pride in beating the system . . . . interesting values/morals.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Is anyone aware of "club" discounts (I'm not after discount codes, but trying to work out whether I should join any clubs!) for the Eurotunnel FT or FT-Flexi deals? The Eurotunnel website mentions that these exist, and the fact that some tour operators offer flexi as a free/cheap upgrade suggests the bulk discounts are meaningful.

Maybe an opportunity for @admin to juice up the super/mega snowhead deal?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It was also a very old thread bumped by someone who wanted to do the same years down the line. I don't think there is actually any implication that the OP did this, he was just asking if it was possible to get away with it.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
janny wrote:
... let's be clear: what the OP is gaily proposing to do is fraud; i.e. a species of theft; i.e commit one/more criminal offences. ...

I'm not sure this is correct. There was no suggestion of attempting to travel without a ticket, which might be fraud/theft. At worst it would seem to be a contractual/civil dispute with Eurotunnel.

If you buy two day-return train tickets, and only use one half of each, you are not committing an offence; and people would do it all the time if it was cheaper than a long-term return.

The issue only arises because Eurotunnel have created an odd pricing policy. I am actually surprised that they can get away with enforcing a further debit on your card if you if you try to return at a later date using a correctly purchased valid day return ticket. Seems to me that, if tested in court, that might be an unfair contract term.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've done the cheap return tickets plenty of times and not used the return ticket- no issues.

The reason these tickets/prices exist is to compete with the lowest priced ferry tickets, lots of people use this method but most people are scared off by the t&c's. Eurostar are just maximising their profit, same as every other big company does.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Shame i didn't know it or your reply posted today only. i had to purchase 2 single tickets, and not coz of the shitstorm i'm wished to receive from life by whatever her nickname was. i don't understand why eurotunnel gets away with their prices an t&c for their cheap tickets. if not my dog would go by ferry, yes prices cheaper but can't imagine stress my boy would have to go thru. never mind, they have so many people paying this extortion prices a day, 365 days in a year. their profit margin would make anybody happy.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Lost in the alps, was that just on the outward?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Re: profits. To be fair it took 26 years of operation before they made a profit!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@snowdave, Camping and Caravan club have 10% discount for members.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy