Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Din settings for racing...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
...I've bought some Fischer World Cup GS skis that have race plate & Fr 17 bindings on.
I will only be using them for race training on snow.
I hope to be learning Race techniques when i'm working in France this season.When i have these skis set up & serviced for me before i leave,what Din setting should i have them set to?
I realise it all depends on weight etc...but obviously they will need to be cranked up more for training gates,but how far do you go?
Obviously don't want any pre-release happening,but then again,for someone who is learning & who's technique will be flawed & lots of errors & falls made,how far...?
If it helps i'm 6' 1" & 15 stone.The Din on these bindings go from 6 to 17.
Or is it best just to talk to the Ski Teq when i get them set up?
Any advise greatly appreciated...

Spud Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I don't change my DIN settings on the rare occasions I ski gates. Never had a problem with pre-releases. Ask a technician for what setting to go for if you don't know where your size, weight, boots, and skiing style indicate you should be.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
spud, Start out on the normal type III settings for your weight and boot sole length.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ask the tech when you get them set up but when I race gates I don't change the DINs, recommend on starting on the normal settings for your size, weight, ability. So same as everyone else says really! Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cheers all...i'll speak to the Teq about it.Can't wait to get 'em on the Snow now.
Only 8 weeks to go... Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
spud, Talk to your coach. He or she will be the best person to advice this one.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Again, take advice. You'll probably start at the same setting as you currently ski, but may well increase the settings. When I worked as a ski tech in Switzerland the boss's son had just missed out on the Swiss world cup ski team. He still raced occasionally; at just over 6 foot, and no more than 13 stone, he used DIN 16 for slalom and GS, and 26 for downhill
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
viv wrote:
Again, take advice. You'll probably start at the same setting as you currently ski, but may well increase the settings. When I worked as a ski tech in Switzerland the boss's son had just missed out on the Swiss world cup ski team. He still raced occasionally; at just over 6 foot, and no more than 13 stone, he used DIN 16 for slalom and GS, and 26 for downhill

26? Ahhhh Marker 30s. No wonder. Wink

Spud you'll soon know if your bindings need to be set higher or not. As said above start on your normal type III setting and then start cranking from there as and when needed. Hopefully you'll have a good season with lots of snow and then you can forget about race training all together.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
parlor wrote:
......Hopefully you'll have a good season with lots of snow and then you can forget about race training all together.

Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy