Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

difference between snowboard and ski jackets

Poster: A snowHead
is what?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm really glad u asked that zuba, cos I've been wondering the same thing Puzzled
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
skier jackets disallow signatures, snowboard jackets allow sigs NehNeh

In general, apart from snobbery (eg; Spyder, Phenix), snowboard clothing cut is a little more generous to allow for more extreme movement, for grabs etc.

But the new school ski gear cut also have more room.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
veeeight wrote:

snowboard clothing cut is a little more generous to allow for more extreme movement, for grabs etc.

They more baggier for the fat teenagers that wear them Razz wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowboard clothing is more padded as boarders fall over quite alot and spend most of their time sat on their buts in the snow... chillin... so to speak Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ski jackets don't usually smell of marajuana!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
£200?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
'Snowboarding' pants have the crotch around the knees and plenty of room for a studded belt.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
These days both are just as good for skiing/snowboarding. The newschool skiing kit is just as baggy as any snowboard gear. Avalaans size large is more like an XXL in the real world.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
kiwi1 wrote:
The newschool skiing kit is just as baggy....

Is this the skiing kit that your mum borrows for you for that end of term school skiing trip to Livigno ?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
chris wrote:
Ski jackets don't usually smell of marajuana!

yeah... and there are lots of extra little pockets for your Rizlas and stash
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
JonnyRocket wrote:
kiwi1 wrote:
The newschool skiing kit is just as baggy....

Is this the skiing kit that your mum borrows for you for that end of term school skiing trip to Livigno ?

Yup thats the stuff Laughing
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The snowboarding jackets seem to have better snowskirts and anything else that presumes you'll fall over a lot, boarding gloves and reinforced backs of the finger tips, and skiing trousers have reinforced inner ankles to allow for boot rub. Judging by my OHs Oakley boarding get up and my skiing get up.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Do you still see them branded as either ski or snowboard? That used to be the case when I first bought kit about 5 or 6 years ago. Snowboard trousers were very baggy in comparison to ski trousers which often had those funny over the shoulder straps. Thankfully they seem to have got rid of those. I was looking around recently for some new trews but most companies just call them 'pants'. I don't think there is much difference, just find a pair of bright green ones and you should be OK wink
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
zuba,
Quote:

is what?

You put in them rolling eyes
snow report
zebedee, I still like my braces though. If I ski with my pants hanging off me 'rse I can't move my legs properly.
snow conditions
The cynic in me says that, by and large, the differences are minimal (not surprising given that they're all probably made a few miles from each other in the same SE Asian sweatshop).
most of the perceived difference is down to the marketing and terminology (there are only so many ways you can say 'breathable' and 'waterproof')....

Most gear these days is pretty good, and the differences are more to do with pandering to our western consumption rather than any practical difference in performance (for every story about how the titanium plated, carbon fibre zip cover helps this years rock-jock summit an unheard of mountain so fast he hardly has time to take in the view, you'll get as story about which sort of dubbin goes with what sort of hob-nails......)

(and yes, I'm slightly bored at work, so don't take this _too_ seriously). Confused

fwiw, I usually buy 'mountain' clothing, rather than 'boarding/skiing' specific, on the grounds that if it's designed for coping with multiple day's of mountain weather, one day (with the ability to hide in a cafe if it's really bad) will be ok..... and it's insurance for the time (cos it will happen) when I miss the last lift/get lost/hit a tree and end up overnighting with nought but my Kendal Mint Cake for company....) Little Angel
snow conditions
Skiing jackets are hung at either end of the wardrobe whereas boarding jackets prefer to be in the middle.
latest report
spyderjon wrote:
Skiing jackets are hung at either end of the wardrobe whereas boarding jackets prefer to be in the middle.

On the floor.
ski holidays
hamilton wrote:

fwiw, I usually buy 'mountain' clothing, rather than 'boarding/skiing' specific

Also likely coming out of the same SA sweat shop right next to the boarding / ski gear Wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy