Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

I was pointed at this site by a skier mate from work, and thought I'd stop by and see what he was talking about.

I've had a look through the FAQ and can't see anything about whether it's the done thing to post an intro or not, so here's a short one (apologies if this is the Wrong Thing)

Name: Ben
Experience: Intermediate - I can get down a black run OK but won't enjoy it that much as I'll probably have to go slower than I'd like. Just started riding half-pipe.
Where have I been: Saas-Fee (5 or 6 times), Lake Tahoe, Aviemore
What am I after: Some more boarding mates to talk about it and maybe some people to go on a trip with - my gf's doing some psycho 1200km cycling thing next summer so doesn't want to risk breaking an ankle boarding and not being fit for bike madness ; my oldest boarding buddy has done his back in permanently ; my best mate's doing his MSc and won't get up from his books and my next-best mate is leaving Blighty for sunnier climes. So I thought meeting some new people might be a plan.

So, anyway, yes, hello. If the above should belong somewhere else, then somebody poke me and I'll move it.

Cheers,

Ben
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Ben, welcome to snowHeads.

I'm a two planker myself - but I don't doubt there'll be some of your fellow knuckle draggers along in a minute snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi bje, welcome to snowHead snowHead snowHead

Most people on here are skiier so its good to get another boarder to chat with, one day we may be able to take over Shocked

There's a riders profiles thread in this section where you can put a bit more about your experience but it's cool to start a new thread too. People from here go away on big meets through the season (The first's already happened!!) but there's a mid season trip and an end of season one too in the snowEvents section.

Chris
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Way to make a guy feel welcome marc gledhill Shocked Good job I warned bje what to expect wink

Welcome to snowHeads mate! Very Happy Don't forget to look at the Trips forum and see there's anything set up to your liking... and post an invitation there if not...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
TallTone, boarder AND knows you? Not a lot going for him, huh? Wink

bje, only joking. Welcome to the nuthouse, get the tall fella to drag you along to one of the bashes
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
bje,........yes,.... welcome to snowheads snowHead

Swirly, is misguided - the 'Supreme Soviet' here is comprised of two-planked homo sapiens - the 'duck-foots', or as marc gledhill, so eloquently put it, the 'knuckle draggers' (I like Little Angel ) won't be taking over any time soon..... Toofy Grin

You want to meet up with some really great people and have a really great time? Have a look at these for starters,

Mid-season Bash at Wengen

End of Season Bash at Val Thorens

I'm sure TallTone, will have filled you in....... wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
BernardC wrote:
bje,........yes,.... welcome to snowheads snowHead

Swirly, is misguided - the 'Supreme Soviet' here is comprised of two-planked homo sapiens - the 'duck-foots', or as marc gledhill, so eloquently put it, the 'knuckle draggers' (I like Little Angel ) won't be taking over any time soon..... Toofy Grin

Well, I was warned Smile

So, kind of like the Morlocks and the Eloi in 'The Time Machine', then?

Who gets to eat who? Little Angel
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
On the slopes us boarders are usually doin' the eating wink The others try so hard to look cool snowploughing behind ya.

Welcome to snowheads....don't get misguided by all the dicks on sticks...drag those knuckles.

Two planker......cockney rhyming slang?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
paulm, ......... Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
paulm, Twisted Evil

Sorry folks, I was trying to be welcoming in a friendly blokey kind of way. Ah well
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
marc gledhill,

No,sorry from me 2 U, woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Embarassed
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Text book example of how "stressed, edgy, irritable skiers" compare to "chilled, welcoming, friendly" boarders. Enjoy your stay bje,

PS - some of the petty arguments and point scoring the "bearers of the sticks of shame" have on this forum are nothing short of hilarious!!! Keep an eye out for them.

Keep on riding.........
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I can't even be bothered with them anymore. Why don't they just enjoy themselves and look forward to the impending white stuff? .............do they remember how to enjoy themselves? Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sad but true... I am getting excited about the view from the top of a pole of a surrounding white blanket.... http://www.valthorens.com/webcam/webcam_360/index.php?langue=3 snowHead
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Richie, It's only cause they are all overly excited by the coming winter. Once the snow falls they'd be getting drunk with Stalin and Pol Pot in some resort bar if it meant they could quibble over which of this years skis/boards was the best in powder.

Oh - and welcome mate!!!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy