Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix Guides

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We've booked a two week trip to Chamonix in February, and we are looking for recommendations/suggestions for guiding for a few days. I've looked at a couple of company's (ski schools?) websites that have 3-6 day 'packages'... what we are looking for is to be shown around some of the ski areas, mostly off-piste, a little instruction thrown in but mostly freeskiing, in a small group, transport included, Vallee Blanche and maybe Courmayer.

Can anyone recommend a company to check out, or who/what to avoid? This is my first trip to Europe so I am not first-hand familiar with the whole guiding/multi-ski school issue.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Shellski, the Companies des Guides has an office near to the Tourist Office, but I don't believe they give instruction. You'de probably be better off with one of the main ski schools, if you don't like the ESF then Evolution 2 have an officee in Chamonix. Their website is www.evolution2.com hope you have a great trip.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I can thoroughly recommend Andy Perkins if he's free. I skied with him on a week's powder instruction course based in Argentiere. Knew the area well. Very good on tips to help your skiing.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'd recommend Walter Smallman at Guided Summits.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I just noticed this thread.
I have skied with some great guides in Chamonix/Argentiere.
My favourite, though he is really for the good off piste skier who likes to be adventurous and be stretched, is Remy Lecluse.
A tremendous guy who is one of the best, and most famous guides and great fun to be with is Roland Stieger.
A very good British guide is Jim Kerr. I don't know if you might find they were all booked up by now but you could try.
The trouble is that you do need a proper UIAGM guide for the off-piste, partly because much of it is glacier and only proper high mountain guides are supposed to lead on glaciers.
On the other hand you would be wasting your money to have a proper guide on piste - guides are really expecting to take you off-piste.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy