Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rental insurance?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The year we are looking at going with an airBnB or similar apartment. Last few holidays have been apartments in a complex owned by a company

On looking at some of the sites, some mention quotes like the following

Quote:
The tenant will be required to insure against damage of any kind likely to engage his responsibility. The tenant will therefore be required to provide a resort certificate 1 week before the date of entry into the premises in order to confirm that he is covered for damage that may occur during his stay.

I’ve checked out travel insurance from last year and it doesn’t seem to have anything to cover the property we are renting. Has anyone done this before?

Confused
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Rob_Quads, check your home insurance, it usually has liability insurance
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've never heard of this. We rent our apartments directly and via airbnb and booking. Both of those provide an element of insurance, to cover damage, but I've never seen anyone demanding that the guest provides their own insurance cover.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I‘ve heard of this sometimes for French rentals. I think this is it:
https://www.theluberon.com/plan-your-trip/insurance/

But I think AirBnB includes this insurance so worth checking with them.

EDIT: some explanation here. And AirBnB includes it, so should just be a matter of pointing the host to the relevant part of the T&Cs.
https://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/off_belay/french_holiday_rental_insurance_panic-671064

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Fri 3-05-24 7:01; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Never heard of that or have it as a requirement on our apartment which is available through Airbnb in France. Maybe if renting through a company owned property they require it as opposed to individuals letting their place out.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Interestingly the property we are looking at is on both AirBnB and direct from the rental agent. No mention of this on AirBnB but only on the rental agent (although AirBnB is a good few hundred more expensive)
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Rob_Quads, This is usually covered under the personal liability section of policies "accidental damage to temporary holiday accommodation", obviously no policy will cover for deliberate damage.

It's has been a requirement on most rental agreements where we have rented through local agents in France although we have never had to show proof.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
When I had French insurance on my apartment and heard about this requirement I checked and found that indeed it DID stipulate that renters have their own insurance. When I rented an airBnB place in Combloux I checked my Nationwide travel insurance and it DOES cover places I rented.

This is a standard requirement of rental agreements in France, it's always in the small print. If there were a mishap - a pretty wooden chalet burning down, for example, and you have no insurance you are in for an expensive time. It's just another risk you can insure against and so fundamental that most travel policies will take care of it.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Rob_Quads wrote:
Interestingly the property we are looking at is on both AirBnB and direct from the rental agent. No mention of this on AirBnB but only on the rental agent (although AirBnB is a good few hundred more expensive)

That‘s consistent with what I said above, ie, that AirBnB are basically including this insurance in their fee.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yet another "extra" payment that should already be included in the cost for renting a holiday home. I've never heard of this at all and it will now be something that I look out for and will avoid any apartment that asks for it.

It also always seems to be in France.
I remember one year renting a shoebox apartment in Alpe D'Huez and not only having to pay extra for sheets and towels (should be a standard included requirement), but when we got in the apartment and upon switching the TV on we tried to turn it over but couldn't as there was no remote. Upon telling reception I was told "Oh no, the reason the remote control isn't there sir is that you have to rent it of us for 15 Euros for the week!" - go figure!?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I remember something similar cropping up years ago. I think I was told that most (all) French had some sort of public liability insurance to cover such things.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy