Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Zoom - Anyone used them?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi anyone have any experience of Ski Zoom?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
looking to do a group weekend away and was thinking of using Ski Zoom, anyone in Snowhead land used them or know of them?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
These ski holiday companies often all just use the same apartment blocks and other accommodation. I don't know anyone who has used Ski Zoom; but I have used similar folks such as these: www.sunweb.co.uk.

There is no magic here — they simply bulk-book the accommodation, and then do the same for charter flights and coach transfers. Plus a lot of the sites are simply "white labels"; this means that they are just a licensed clone of master website, and they take a cut of every sale, and they don't actually do anything apart from spend a lot of time and money promoting their site.

But the universal rules applies: If the deal is cheap, then it's cheap for a reason. This means you need to check the accommodation. The flights and coach transfers are pretty much standard.

You can check the accommodation carefully on www.tripadvisor.co.uk. Just enter the name of the block or chalet etc. And yes, the cheap ones are often tiny, dirty, old and understaffed. No surprise there. Factor your disappointment in in advance, and you won't go wrong Shocked

If you have to pay a cash deposit of say €300 on arrival, then that is a sign that the place is often full of drunken young English people who wreck the place on a regular basis.

You can also research the resort online, and exactly how long it takes to get from the accommodation to the lifts etc.

But bottom line is that there are some REALLY cheap deals to be had, including flights, accommodation and transfers. The lowest on Ski Zoom for a week in France from 12th Jan was only £260 per person for 7 nights! Pretty impressive, but the block has bad reviews. But if you are prepared to bring your own linen, or rent on arrival, plus give the place a clean on the first day, then you have more money to spend on booze. Laughing

Yer pays yer money, and yer takes yer choice.

And don't forget to look out for the Aldi cheap ski-gear sale coming up soon!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Great advice from Poogle. Looking at Companies house and LinkedIN I found out the following: It's a new company registered, this summer, using a serviced office address. Marcus Blunt, the Director has a pedigree in Travel and specifically Ski Travel companies (British Airways, Powder Beds, Secret Escapes). Check the location of your accommodation in resort, how close to lifts etc. and check reviews.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
This has worried me, I have just booked through ski zoom and the apartments we r staying in ask for a €500 deposit, we r staying In Residence - Électra *4 which I think is quite close to the ski lift. Please tell me I haven’t made an bad choice?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Looks like you’ll be fine. It has a good rating, and generally, folks seem happy:

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g562738-d2421018-Reviews-Pierre_Vacances_Residence_Electra-Avoriaz_Morzine_Portes_du_Soleil_Haute_Savoie_Auverg.html?m=19905

All you need now is some snow! snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Poogle wrote:

If you have to pay a cash deposit of say €300 on arrival, then that is a sign that the place is often full of drunken young English people who wreck the place on a regular basis.

But bottom line is that there are some REALLY cheap deals to be had, including flights, accommodation and transfers. The lowest on Ski Zoom for a week in France from 12th Jan was only £260 per person for 7 nights! Pretty impressive, but the block has bad reviews. But if you are prepared to bring your own linen, or rent on arrival, plus give the place a clean on the first day, then you have more money to spend on booze. Laughing

This is unduly pessimistic. I am looking at skiing in Val Thorens in January 2022 with Skizoom and I see that they have on their books the Odalys Tourotel (which has been dropped by Crystal). I know the Tourotel well, having stayed there many times. It's perfectly adequate and mercifully oriented more towards the French and Dutch rather than rowdy Brits.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I wouldn't worry too much about deposits on arrival. It is pretty standard to charge these to all, can't say I've ever stayed in one that didn't from cheap and cheerful to luxurious.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@parrotman, The Poogle post you quoted is from 2018 - there has been much melted Snow since then !! Wink
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We used Ski Zoom for the 1st time Feb 2020.They were excellent and the boss Alex is very helpful.Booked through them again for Feb 2022.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy