Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skis for development level

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Smile I'd like to get my daughter her own skis for Christmas. She wants to do racing this year, although she's not a particularly aggressive skier she loves gates and being with the other kids. She's been offered a place in a small club with a good history but I've held off signing her up until we look at a few other clubs due to location/logistics, so she doesn't have a coach we can get advice from.

She's a tall and skinny 6 year old, parallel in most conditions, nice snakey turns with a decent but not aggressive posture. She's not properly carving yet but is using her edges well on ice so might get it this season. So the next step (I think?) is getting her using her skis better. And of course having more fun!

I'd like to get her skis that will last 2 seasons, she'll probably start skiing twice a week plus a few extra over holidays. She'll need something that suits gates as well as chasing about the hill with her cousins. Apart from small jumps she doesn't do terrain parks. We can get 2019 Atomic Redster J9 JR Skis in her size back in Canada for about £170, but I wonder if this is overkill for her level? Would proper racing skis help her improve her technique or is she off better working with more entry level all-rounders? Unfortunately we can't make any of the ski swaps this year.

Thanks for any advice Puzzled
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd hold off on buying her a race ski like the Atomics you mentioned above, for at least another year. Just get her a pair of cheap all round skis, whatever are going cheap on Ecosport etc. There is no way they are going to last 2 years at her age (she will outgrow them) and it's more important to have her on the right length ski rather than a stiffer race ski.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thank you. I think I'll look for something mid range or inter-advanced rather than proper racing.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy