Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val Thorens - 12th to 16th

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Howdy,

I’m in VT this weekend at UCPA doing a long weekend solo snowboarding. If any snowheaders in town fancy meeting up etc let me know.

Cheers

Drew
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nobody around? ☹️

Mostly French in UCPA this week apparently, so going to have to brush up on my language skills a little!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nobody around? ☹️

Mostly French in UCPA this week apparently, so going to have to brush up on my language skills a little!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just say everything twice, @Drew Carey.....but slowly. Have a great time! snowHead
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@pam w, I’m blaming dodgy internet / tiredness / too many beers on flight / transfer with a rowdy South African family for my dual post!!!!

But yes, my French is good at asking for things, plus more than capable of saying in French that I don’t speak much French - but when they open up in full flow.....I have that look of “WTF” on my face! Smile
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
This is the only problem with the UCPA, you can end up with weeks where there are very few English speaking, the trick is to go email action outdoors before you book and ask them how many solo English speaking are booked into that resort for that week.

Doesn't help you but I'm off on a solo trip to Argentiere with the ucpa for the week in the morning, hopefully this fresh snow comes in bucketloads!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I ended up quite lucky in the end as three English guys ended up coming in on a heavily delayed transfer last night so had a great day out with them today. So all good.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Drew Carey, I’m heading to UCPA Val Tho in a couple of weeks so would be v interested in your impressions of the place...
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Welcome to snowHeads @Luna, snowHead

It's always a good idea to pop your details in the snowBuddy too.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Luna,

Hi Luna,

On my last day today and can honestly say the experience has been amazing. Everyone is incredibly friendly. I was lucky in the end as 3 lads in my room are a great laugh.

Even if you aren’t lucky with room placements, plonk yourself at the bar and just chat to anyone. The staff and other French / Swedish visitors especially are more than happy to chat to anyone. There are quite a few Russians here this week and they like to keep themselves to themselves.

The instructors I’ve met have all been a laugh and the sessions I’ve had have been brilliant.

The food is great and actually brings everyone back together at lunch times rather than just seeing everyone in the evening.

If you have any nerves of coming on your own, don’t, you will have a great time.

My only negative is if you like to walk round the town / do a bit of apres, then that’s tricky as UCPA is quite a treck. But to be honest, people are so friendly you don’t really miss that side of things.

Hope you have a great trip.

Drew
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy