Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hello from MRS MOJO

Poster: A snowHead
hello everyone - just wanted to introduce myself - I am Mrs mojo ( or tirion ) Martin's wife. I am now working on the Ski Mojo with Martin as I would like to see him occasionally and he needs some help with admin/social media etc. This is all new to me as well as I was a modern languages teacher before. Firstly, Martin will be at the pre season bash with ski mojos for people to try. Secondly, he is aware that he doesn't reply enough to people or " reach out " enough as he has been too busy catching his tail. It is fab that we have a lot of support on this forum and I will do my best to help anyone who has any questions etc. More technical questions may have to be passed to martin.... We are also looking for help with fitting and demonstrating ski mojos at the indoor snow centres around the UK. We already have somebody at Hemel. It would be a case of fitting somebody up with a ski~mojo and having stock to sell if required. This has come about as lots of people would like to try before they buy. We do have very active French distributors but obviously they have the mountains on their doorstep! I helped martin at the ski show and it was so nice to meet so many customers but also great to see what people would like and demo centres would certainly be beneficial. If anyone is interested please send me a PM or email me tirion@skimojo.com. thanks for having me here. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@mrs mojo, Welcome to Snowheads. I hope you make a good team but we need to meet you on a Bash too. Glad to hear Martin will be at the PSB and I look forward to seeing him there. snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Welcome to SHs, @mrs mojo. snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@mrs mojo, welcome to snowHeads. Or should that be bienvenue.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@martinm ???
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@AL9000, no @mr mojo is a Martin.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Hells Bells, Ta!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@mrs mojo, welcome to snowHeads! Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hello and thank you for the welcoming messages.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hells Bells wrote:
@AL9000, no @mr mojo is a Martin.

I take it that's not a typo for Martian....... Toofy Grin
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@mrs mojo,

welcome!

My wife's mojos mean that we get to ski together much more than we would without them!

Always interested in hearing about any tweaks or developments you may be working on.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@mrs mojo, great to see you here Tirion and meet you at the Ski Show. And great to read that you are PSBing.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yes but are you, @colinstone?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I saw on your website its possible to demo at certain resorts.
Is there a list of shops for the resorts where I could demo?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@mrs mojo, welcome to snowHead
I was lucky enough to win a mojo from you at the ski show Laughing
snow report
hi Linds - that's great news. Was that from the SCGB wheel of fortune? If so we have your details and it will be on its way shortly.
snow conditions
Mr.Egg wrote:
I saw on your website its possible to demo at certain resorts.
Is there a list of shops for the resorts where I could demo?

Hi - there is a list on the website
www.skimojo.com/stockists-agents

Or you can fill in a test request form and our French distributors will be in direct touch with you to organise a demo.

I know they are now available in more shops in France including the pyrennes - we are in the middle of updating and refreshing our own website so they are not all listed

where are you skiing ?
ski holidays
mrs mojo wrote:
hi Linds - that's great news. Was that from the SCGB wheel of fortune? If so we have your details and it will be on its way shortly.

No not the SCGB had a Facebook message and I replied to your email address but it the message gets bounced back.

https://m.facebook.com/theskimojo/photos/a.508171262621058/1759028990868606/?type=3
snow report
Linds wrote:
mrs mojo wrote:

No not the SCGB had a Facebook message and I replied to your email address but it the message gets bounced back.

https://m.facebook.com/theskimojo/photos/a.508171262621058/1759028990868606/?type=3

Plank or what! It was the SCGB where I entered the competition, rolling eyes
latest report
admin wrote:
Yes but are you, @colinstone?

I won't pe long signing up!!!
snow report
For anyone interested - Linds won a ski~mojo in a competition on our fb page. All you had to do to enter the competition was like, tag and share and she was tagged by her partner. Her name was chosen at random and a ski mojo will be on its way to her.

Just to confirm that Martin will be at the Pre season bash and will have ski mojo demonstrators. Anybody interested in being a ski mojo " fitter " or " demonstrator" can chat to him about whats involved there.
ski holidays
Hi Mrs Mojo! Happy
ski holidays
hi Iain !!!! Cool Very Happy
ski holidays
Welcome to SH.

Lots of friendly and knowledgeable folks here.
ski holidays
thank you …. I feel very welcome already.
latest report
you can now test the ski~mojo at these indoor slopes - hemel, chill factore Manchester, Castleford and braehead…. any one who is interested in trying as ski~mojo before purchasing. we have fitters at these centres.

no changes are being made to the ski~mojo this year.
happy skiing everyone.... set to carry on dumping down next week.
snow report
@mrs mojo, you need to put a little more effort into your web and SocMedia experience. Visually it's halfway there but very sluggish and not coded correctly for multiple screen and resolution sizes. I'm (perhaps more than lucky) in a position to not yet need your product but I'm very likely in the queue wink
snow report
have you thought of or offering rental options? Maybe use for old versions/stock.

Would love to try to see if they help myself, but dont live near any indoor places & I tend to avoid large resorts.
Plus it would be something I would need to try for more than hour!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
hi Mr Egg - where and when are you going skiing ? we have French distributors who organise ski test days for ski~mojo. this could be an option for you ?
latest report
@Masque, hi there - appreciate your comments re web and socmedia experience and agree! we have changed the website recently and although we have been putting posts on Instagram its not really our market. the facebook posts have a huge supportive community and our recent ones on there have generated a lot of interest/traffic according to the person who is helping us behind the scenes. If you have any suggestions for us ( both martin and I do not have experience with social media - atm too busy keeping up with orders !) please let me know. be glad to get help. thanks
latest report
Hi Tirion
All I can say is a HUGE thank you! Without my mojos I would not have been able to ski the past 5 years. Every chalet I have stayed in I end up "modelling" them. Something like an Ann Summers item but most fellow guests have never heard of them and are most impressed. An Italian instructor by name of Jimmy was amazed when an overweight sexagenarian rocked up for a powder lesson at le Fornet in Val d'Isere. He could not believe what they allowed me to do! Thank you, thank you, thank you & hope there is a SH out there who can help on the social media side because one day that SH will need mojos....
latest report
thank you jilly29 - that is good to hear and so nice that you have taken the time to write such a lovely comment. here's to skiing into the next decade. Very Happy
ski holidays
Hi ya. My girly has the 2nd to last upgrade mojo. She probably skies once a year. What are the benefits of the last up grade. eg easy of use comfort etc.
Cheers. Tell Martin he missed a great night re brewery . Next time
snow report
Just taken prompt delivery of my 3rd Mojo model.
Each time I've upgraded there seem to have been substantial improvements.

This one looks great and was much easier to set up than the others.

Good job each one is better as the joints are definitely going the other way.
ski holidays
Have u given it a test drive yet.vif u have could u give us a review of the improvements. Cheers
snow conditions
@Frosty the Snowman,

DO you mind giving us a review of the changes?
Had you worn out the older models or were you upgrading for design improvements?

My wife has a bit of a problem with the top of the rods pressing on her hips (prone to bursitis) - is there any change to the hip belt, padding etc?
ski holidays
@Dutch Carl, @jedster,
The top rods now clip into a holder and no longer just slot into webbing. They have a quick release button and the rods are not so close to the skin and with more protection. I would say that is a plus.

The basic harness is simpler and better IMHO

The 4 rods are now adjusted with a cam closure, have distance markings on and have an adjustable nylon screw thingy that goes inside the rods once you have found the right rod adjustment and these prevent any rod movement/slippage once set up.

The boot fixing reverts back more to the Mark 1 version. I used a couple of extra, larger washers to spread the load on the load pin, but fitting was easy. The loadad pin fastens directly to the bot and the outer power strap fixing hole was perfect for mounting. I don't really use the power strap, but this setup will impede the strap should you like it tight as it will now have to run below the bottom of the rod. If you have big calves then this arrangement sets the rods further away from the calf and is much more comfortable.

The main spring units seem unchanged, but the velcro straps seem a little simpler.

The changes made setup really easy, and it is quicker to get on and off. I will use the suspender belt to stop it dropping down when walking around before putting my boots on.

I set mine up in 15 mis and had perfect movement without any toe in or out movement.

Hope this helps
snow report
Thanks - that sounds good although I'm a little confused because some of those features I seem to remember from my wife's set which are (I think) 4 years old. SHould probably give them a call!
snow report
hi everyone … not sure if this is the place to put this..

we have had an arrangement with a lovely ski mojo user who has demonstrated the ski mojo at Hemel Hempstead indoor ski centre. Unfortunately he is no longer able to do this...if anybody is interested... please contact me....

the person who wants to try the ski mojo pays for their slope time and just needs fitting up and guidance.. it was very successful last year and nice to offer chance to trial on snow ( we have other centres working in Manchester/Sheffield and Glasgow already)

we probably had 20 or so demos last year so could suit a part timer/retired skier ( weekends tend to get very busy there) and its a nice chance for a bit of a ski.... and earn a bit of money.

if anyone interested please let me know

cheers
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy