Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Late transport from Tignes to Chambery

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

We are planning to fly home from Chambery airport on a Sunday morning next Feb. We will be in Tignes the day before, and hoping to ski as late as possible on the Saturday. However, I can't find any reasonably priced way to get from Tignes to Chambery on the Saturday late afternoon / evening (we would get a hotel in Chambery).

As far as I can see the only scheduled transfer is with Altibus. They have not published their timetable yet, but it looks like from their timetable last year they only offer one service very early on the Saturday.

Wondering if anybody has any ideas of transport between Tignes to Chambery...I am looking to avoid private transfers at this stage.

Cheers!
Martin
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
burdock,

We've travelled a few times by train from Moutiers to Geneva - always via Chambery.

You could get a bus to Bourg St Maurice, then a train to Chambery. I'm not sure what time you would have to leave Tignes, however.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@burdock, Alpbus have quite frequent buses until 18.00hrs departure from Tignes to Bourg St Maurice transport hub on Saturday afternoons in Feb.

Bus takes 1.5 hours from start to end. Then train from BSM to either Chambery or Aix les Bains rail station. Both towns close for transfer to Chambery Airport.

Bus last season was 13 euros per person. Worth booking rail tickets in advance. I’ve done journey a couple of times with no problem.
snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Bergmeister, It can be a problem getting from Chambery railway station to the airport. There is no shuttle bus and taxis can sometimes be hard to get
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy