Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Spitzingsee-Tegernsee

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
has anyone been to the Spitzingsee-Tegernsee ski area in germany, i have been offered a very good deal in the area for march 2019, but the skiing seems very limited to me, i could make skiing just a part of the holiday and do other things as well.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I don't know about alpine skiing there but it's a very pretty area with lots of langlauf tracks.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes. Went in February Half-term 2010

Only had one day there but loved it. Loads of terrain, plenty of off-piste.

Good skiing nearby.

TR here. Pics are missing. Old code.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1483305&highlight=#1483305

I'd go back.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Unfortunately the Taubenstein lift doesn't run anymore in winter. There is still decent skiing there, but nothing very challenging.

If you don't mind driving a little, Sudelfeld in Bayrischzell is similar in size and character with the added bonus of having some nice off piste if you are willing to hike for ca 15 minutes.

And then the Wendelstein near Bayrischzell and the Wallberg in Rottach-Eggern are great off piste mountains if you have a sense of adventure.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ami in berlin wrote:
Unfortunately the Taubenstein lift doesn't run anymore in winter. There is still decent skiing there, but nothing very challenging.

If you don't mind driving a little, Sudelfeld in Bayrischzell is similar in size and character with the added bonus of having some nice off piste if you are willing to hike for ca 15 minutes.

And then the Wendelstein near Bayrischzell and the Wallberg in Rottach-Eggern are great off piste mountains if you have a sense of adventure.

Oh that's a shame.

Agree about Sudelfeld and Wendelstein. Loved both.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have skied the local hills while working in Munich. Big shame about the Taubenstein it was a lovely quiet area, very old school lifts and a fair bit of walking but great skiing. The rest of the area is a bit limited. I found the uplift seemed to be too much for the run capacity, bodies everywhere on the main routes. Bayrischzell and Lenggries are more varied and better. All are connected by good trains so a tour around could be worth a try.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy