Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ex-demo Blizzard, Nordica, Volkl, Scott, Dynastar & Whitedot skis for sale

Poster: A snowHead
snowsam wrote:
......Will there be any Head Skis coming up, very interested in the new Kore?

Nope
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@snowsam, Head don't support our ski tests.
I suspect they don't like public scrutiny of their products.

We do occasionally get a few Head models at the test but they'll be provided by Ellis Brigham rather than Head themselves.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
admin wrote:
@snowsam, Head don't support our ski tests.
I suspect they don't like public scrutiny of their products.

We do occasionally get a few Head models at the test but they'll be provided by Ellis Brigham rather than Head themselves.

Thanks guys. Apologies, wasn't aware of this. Don't get to spend as much time on the forum as I would like Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowfinch wrote:
.......Do you know if Blizzard had any in the 148-152cm range in their testing? I saw you mentioned that you didn't know if they were going to offer the ex-demo for sale...

I'll be listing the Blizzard/Nordica ex-demo skis on Tuesday.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
spyderjon wrote:
snowfinch wrote:
.......Do you know if Blizzard had any in the 148-152cm range in their testing? I saw you mentioned that you didn't know if they were going to offer the ex-demo for sale...

Great - thanks!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Right, good, yes. Have been away, just got back - are all the skis listed on page one still available? @spyderjon, has it all been updated? Do I have to make a decision today? Is there a 21st October deadline for everything? Am nearly asleep and, while some of my most memorable purchasing decisions have been made in worse states, this might not be the best time...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kittya wrote:
Right, good, yes. Have been away, just got back - are all the skis listed on page one still available? @spyderjon, has it all been updated? Do I have to make a decision today? Is there a 21st October deadline for everything? Am nearly asleep and, while some of my most memorable purchasing decisions have been made in worse states, this might not be the best time...

kittya, yep, the lists are up to date and anything not marked as SOLD is still available.

There's no deadline on the sale of the ex-demo skis but the brands will soon be offering the skis to the trade (who'll then offer them to their customers) so they'll soon go.

The Blizzard/Nordica ex-demo's won't be listed for a day or two so snowHeads will have first dibs on them next week.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi@spyderjon,

I am predominately a piste only skier, at a good intermediate level and I wanted advice on which skis and bindings to get. Normally I will hire and do find whatever I get given is fine for what I do which is moderately quick piste skiing. I am 183cm tall and weigh 200kg and I was looking at the legend W80 as an appropriate pair. I don't want to spend silly money as I would also need to get poles and a bag as well, do you have any recommendations for me, of any make and can you please lead me on the best value for money set and indicate the size I need to get.
Thanks
Russ
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Russ, somehow I don't think that you're really 200kg (ie over 31st)?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ha ha, sorry I meant 200lbs, although it feels like more lol 😆
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Russ, Dynastar Speed Zone 12 Ti 182cm c/w SPX 12 Konect rail bindings. Poles and bag from Decathlon.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
They do look fab, do you have anything else you rate perhaps a little cheaper?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Russ, there's the 175cm Speed Zone 10's with the same bindings at £370 but they're only £30 cheaper than the 12's which is a better flex/length for your stats.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ok thank you, I will have a weigh up and consider things
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi Spyderjon
Anything for the vertically disadvantaged? I'm a measly 157cm and 50 kg, ski anywhere and currently have Nordica wild belles at 88 under foot, thinking of something a little wider....
I have tried Rossignol Sky which were a blast in the soft stuff and I was pleasantly surprised about their performance on piste too
Thanks
Linda
snow report
Sprootlet wrote:
Hi Spyderjon
Anything for the vertically disadvantaged? I'm a measly 157cm and 50 kg, ski anywhere and currently have Nordica wild belles at 88 under foot, thinking of something a little wider....
I have tried Rossignol Sky which were a blast in the soft stuff and I was pleasantly surprised about their performance on piste too
Thanks
Linda

Thanks for your enquiry Linda and welcome to snowHeads. How's this for a bargain: 2016 Director CL 161cm. List price £789. Offer price £250 in the flat or + £85 if the Marker Squire Demo bindings are included.
latest report
spyderjon wrote:

Any particular Tuesday? Toofy Grin

I'm also looking at the SpeedZone 12 @182. Im just worried it's too long. On the Dynastar website, there's a matrix between height and ability which puts me @182, but in the responses to questions, they ignore both those measures and just use weight which puts me @174. Then there's the question of which would serve me better, the Nordica Spitfire if available in a 174. Then there's a good offer ive seen on a Kastle all rounder.... Puzzled

Choices, choices....
snow conditions
@spyderjon, would be interested in a 180cm Rustler 11 if you’ve got one? Would be good with those Shifts!
snow report
Could somebody please do me a favour and buy the 2016 Ragnaroks? I expected the temptation would have been removed by now. I just can't resist the Rules.

I'll give you until Friday. Toofy Grin
latest report
@Val Desire, put those on the top of the vx and it'll take off.
ski holidays
Penry wrote:
spyderjon wrote:

Any particular Tuesday? Toofy Grin

I'm also looking at the SpeedZone 12 @182. Im just worried it's too long. On the Dynastar website, there's a matrix between height and ability which puts me @182, but in the responses to questions, they ignore both those measures and just use weight which puts me @174. Then there's the question of which would serve me better, the Nordica Spitfire if available in a 174. Then there's a good offer ive seen on a Kastle all rounder.... Puzzled

Choices, choices....

Penry, Got the Nordica & Blizzard lists through last night but they're missing some lengths & other info so won't be posting them to this evening at the earliest - but there are three model Spitfires on the list, all in 174cm Cool
ski holidays
BobinCH wrote:
@spyderjon, would be interested in a 180cm Rustler 11 if you’ve got one? Would be good with those Shifts!

There's one pair of ex-demo Rustler 11's coming on the Blizzard list in 180cm
ski holidays
spyderjon wrote:
BobinCH wrote:

There's one pair of ex-demo Rustler 11's coming on the Blizzard list in 180cm

Cool. Let me know the price and condition when u have them
ski holidays
@BobinCH, Going for the girl's length in your old age or are those for the missus?
latest report
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
@BobinCH, Going for the girl's length in your old age or are those for the missus?

Haha yes guilty as charged! Tried the 180’s in JH and enjoyed them. And this would be my touring ski so more nimble / less weight a bonus.
snow report
FWIW I skied a 185 Cochise rather than the 193 for a week once and thought it was fine in the shorter length and certainly easier in tighter terrain.
ski holidays
I’m on 185 DPS 124 A’s and not missing extra length. With Blizzard it’s between 180 and 188 and having tried the 180’s and enjoyed them i’m happy to stick with them for a touring ski

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=136067&start=40
snow conditions
@spyderjon, we spoke earlier about the Scotts and I will await to hear from you, however junior has been weighing up the Blizzards as well. Have you got a Rustler 9 coming as a comparison with the Scrapper we were talking about?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
A review of the Rustler 11 - rings true from my experience on them

https://freeskier.com/stories/top-30-big-mountain-skis-2017-2018
latest report
@spyderjon, I'm about to take the plunge on a set of Salomon XDR 80 Ti's (169cm) -- do you have something similar in the line up you've posted (or that may be coming in your upcoming post?)

Sorry to be one of those annoying ones (about to make the jump to owning my first pair of skis!). 5'8 / 70Kg / 10 weeks exp. I like to ski hard/fast (well, as hard/fast as I can Little Angel ), and typically ski alongside the pistes and enjoy the odd jump on/off piste Smile I'd say I'm intermediate, perhaps on the upper end of it. TIA! Smile
ski holidays
BobinCH wrote:

Cant believe that you are forsaking your old love :

https://freeskier.com/gear/dps-alchemist-wailer-112-skis-2017-2018

Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
mishmash wrote:
BobinCH wrote:

Cant believe that you are forsaking your old love :

https://freeskier.com/gear/dps-alchemist-wailer-112-skis-2017-2018

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Don’t worry DPS 124 A’s will still be the daily driver but need a skinny for the light weight touring training to get legs back in shape 😉
snow conditions
marksymoo wrote:
@spyderjon, I'm about to take the plunge on a set of Salomon XDR 80 Ti's (169cm) -- do you have something similar in the line up you've posted (or that may be coming in your upcoming post?).....

Here ya go:

Piste performance: Speed Zone 10 Ti 167cm c/w SPX 12 Konect bindings. List £565. Offer price £370.

Or a bit more all mtn/playful: Legend X80 173cm c/w Xpress 11 bindings. List 399. Offer price £275
ski holidays
Thanks, I'll check them out Smile
latest report
Nordica ex-demo skis now listed on page 1.
latest report
spyderjon wrote:
marksymoo wrote:
@spyderjon, I'm about to take the plunge on a set of Salomon XDR 80 Ti's (169cm) -- do you have something similar in the line up you've posted (or that may be coming in your upcoming post?).....

Here ya go:

Piste performance: Speed Zone 10 Ti 167cm c/w SPX 12 Konect bindings. List £565. Offer price £370.

Or a bit more all mtn/playful: Legend X80 173cm c/w Xpress 11 bindings. List 399. Offer price £275

I've checked out both of these, thank you for the recommendations. I think what I'll do is stick with my current choice and come to next years Oktobertest event, now I know it exists Smile I'm sure by then I'll want some powder skis, or perhaps to upgrade the XDRs.

Wanted to let you know out of courtesy as appreciate the reply snowHead
ski holidays
spyderjon wrote:
Nordica ex-demo skis now listed on page 1.

You're a very bad man! Mad
snow report
Blizzard ex-demo skis now listed on page 1.

And before anyone PM's me there are no Black Pearl 88's & 98's available.
latest report
spyderjon wrote:
Blizzard ex-demo skis now listed on page 1.

And before anyone PM's me there are no Black Pearl 88's & 98's available.

ha, phew that's saved me buying my missus some new skis. I would have been on the 88's like a pigeon on a chip !
snow report
All of the remaining Scott ex-demo skis have now been sold to the trade.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy