Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

First time board buyer....Help!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So last Thursday we got a nice surprise and our step on boots and bindings arrived a little early. This expedited the board buying process as who wants to wait to try out new gear!

So Friday morning with boots and bindings in hand we headed to the local shop, still no demo boards for the new season in stock, but in the end we went with a Yes basic for me and a Salomon Wonder for my wife.

We then had a couple of hours on the indoor slope and wow, the board feels so much better then the hire gear we have used, and the boots and bindings changed the experience so much. As its only an indoor slope the majority of our time is actually spent queuing up and riding the poma lift, usually strapping in and having a 30 second run to rinse and repeat the process. Well we seriously noticed the difference in time not being spent strapping in and even unstrapping at the bottom.

The boards were nice and responsive, the edge hold over the icy patches was solid, overall very happy with the setup choices made. Cant wait to hit a real mountain.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've had a Yes Basic for the last 3 years since I started learning. Absolutely love it.....until I used a demo Jones Flagship at the dome!!!! Twisted Evil

However, as I can't afford to spank that much - will be sticking with the Basic.

Honestly, you can't go wrong with one (IMHO) - ace for cruising down nice flowy blues and then even better when starting to go down some more aggressive reds etc. What I will say is - that zig zagging four times down a dome slope does NOT for me give a true reflection of how a board feels on the mountain. I bought my Basic and used it and Tamworth and thought "have I made the right choice". However, when I then got out on the proper slopes - man was I glad I did.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lib tech sell some EPIC boards, worth having a look.

Gnu and Libtech are made by the same folk, Mervin.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@sylas - would be interested to hear how you got on with your gear this season.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
So far so go, been fridge riding for an hour each week pretty much since getting them baring a 7 week lay off for surgery, but made up some lost time with extra sessions. Still another 4 weeks before we get to go away to the mountains.

My confidence is up, the board bindings setup is responsive, the biggest plus for me is consistency, no variance between runs, positions are always the same, and feet cramp is down due to not over strapping or slightly off angle.

My wife’s ability has come on massively, she’s a completely different boarder now. She used to have terrible luck with the hire board and bindings she rode and it was a big confidence dent, now she’s bombing down the slope and taking on some small features as well.

We love the Step On setup so much, and our 11 year old who boards and ski’s got back on a board for the first time in 2 years just after Christmas, she did so well for her first 2-3 weeks back but boy did we notice the strap in time. Thankfully burton brought out the kids Step On’s and she’s now rocking her own pair.

Couldn’t be happier with the setup, and it just makes our weekly sessions so much more productive.

I will update again after we have been away.

Something to consider is that Burton have agreed to licence the tech for next season and DC will be doing Step On boots as well!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy