Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne - ski hire shops

Poster: A snowHead
We haven't been to La Plagne before so looking for a bit of help on which hire shop to use.

As i couldn't find any reasonable half term flights (I was up on Easyjet release day), we have decided to drive and therefore take the motorhome for our half term ski trip this year.

I have booked into the Motorhome Parking Aire in Plagne Villages which i think is under the La Bergerie lift and on the edge of a blue slope but it's difficult to tell if the parking spot is also 'handy' for the shops.

Does anyone know if there is a ski hire shop walkable/close by? If not, will we pass a hire shop on the route up the mountain where we could pull up/in with the motorhome on the Saturday morning before heading to the aire?

Any other info / tips on appreciated. We have four days of private lessons already booked with Oxygene (following good reviews on here), I believe we have to meet at their office in Plagne Centre, but I'm guessing it will be easy enough to get to/from the meeting location from where we will be parked.

I'm planning on just getting lift passes from the ticket office when we arrive on the Saturday.

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Bianchigray, The MotorHome parking lot you refer to is probably 250m from the centre of Plagne Villages - it's not exactly flat but perfectly walkable (mostly road) for a fit and healthy person.

However, there is also the regular free bus (every 20 mins I believe) which stops right outside the MotorHome paring lot if you really can't face the walk!

You'll have a great time, the MotorHome parking is very much ski-in-ski-out.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Bianchigray, Having just double checked my memory, I'm not sure there actually is a ski hire shop in Plagne Villages.

In which case it's probably easiest to take the afore mentioned bus across to Plagne Soleil (5 minute journey) where there definitely is one as I have used a few times myself.

In fairness it's still possible to walk to Plagne Soleil from the MotorHome parking but it is across a piste and up a short hill so probably easiest to use the bus for door to door connection!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bianchigray, map of Plagne Soleil and Plagne Village snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm sure there is a ski hire shop in Plagne Village. Just next to Le Grizzli restaurant if my memory serves me correctly but I may be wrong (I was quite....tipsy most evenings). We stayed in Plagne Village in January in the chalets just off the piste. If not, then again I'm sure Plagne Soleil does which is literally just across the piste! May be easier than dragging stuff up from Centre.

We had lessons all week with Oxygene. Their meeting point is in the Centre just outside La Vache Rouge. We just jumped on the piste and skied down in the morning. Nice and simple.

We also hired our kit from them. They were very good (as well as reasonably priced). They actually brought all the gear up in their van to our Chalet and fitted boots/skis there and also collected on our last day. If we had an issue, they drove up to meet us at the Chalet if someone wanted to change boots for example. They may be able to do similar up to your parking spot.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Wed 10-10-18 20:57; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks, I didn't know about the bus picking up right outside I think this could be an option to use somewhere in Plagne Soleil for hire. I did see that service by oxygene but as we are only a family of four I didn't think they'd do this for such a small number of people, I will check though.

If I'm reading the map right it looks like there could be two sports shops in Plagne Villages approx equal distances but opposite ways from the motorhome bit. We don't mind walking we are fairly fit but the kids do struggle with their gear if too far.

It looks like a good ski area and perfect for families. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bianchigray wrote:
Thanks, I didn't know about the bus picking up right outside I think this could be an option to use somewhere in Plagne Soleil for hire. I did see that service by oxygene but as we are only a family of four I didn't think they'd do this for such a small number of people, I will check though.

If I'm reading the map right it looks like there could be two sports shops in Plagne Villages approx equal distances but opposite ways from the motorhome bit. We don't mind walking we are fairly fit but the kids do struggle with their gear if too far.

It looks like a good ski area and perfect for families. Very Happy

You will have an amazing time. It's a fab ski area.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cant advise on ski hire shops near where you are staying, ts a good few years since Ive been but the ski area is great, lots of cruising blues and reds, with some nice black runs if you want them. An easy resort to get around. Ive never used the link to Les Arc.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If you end up going to Plagne Centre Intersport in Les Ecrines has fonevus proud the last few years. If you look on their a Facebook page they often have cracking offers. We got 40% off last year on Black Friday weekend and the skis were top notch.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've booked with Oxygene and their 'chalet service' but to our motorhome Laughing

This service sounds great, delivered to your door with reasonable prices. I wish I could get that service in every resort.

The quality of ski schools seem very good too.

Looking forward to it from everything I've read, it may become my favourite place to ski.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We’ve loved it, been four years on the trot! Time for a change this year but I’m almost certain we’ll go back!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hello, may I jump in to this thread? We are going to Aime la Plagne club med, but do not want to hire a ski from them as too pricey.. any recommendations for ski hire shops reachable from Clubmed location? Hi
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Intersport who I mentioned is pretty close to the Plagne Centre end of the Aime cable car. So you could pop down to them in Centre (les ecrins) and then get the cable car back up with them. It’s easy - just up a flight of stairs/lift straight into the cable and then you end up in the Paquebot in Aime. The lift pass office is close to there too.

There’s definitely ski hire places in Aime but not sure which ones. Check out Intersports Facebook page and do a google for discounts as you’ll often get a good deal direct.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@SkiWithThree!, Thank you , there will be quite a few of us with kids, so maybe we should find some shop that would deliver the skis to us..
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Try Oxygène ski school as they have a chalet fitting service. The skis aren’t as good in my opinion but will probably do what you need snowHead
latest report
Or inter sport have a shop in Aime 2000 http://aime2000.laplagne-intersport.com/en/ snowHead
snow report
@Bella2015, this map is a fairly good representation of the layout of the resort and access in/out.
https://www.intersport-rent.fr/en/rent/page/planstation.aspx?station=153

Assuming you are staying in #4 on the map, I think you'd have to get a bus up to the original Aime 2000 building to either access the ski hire shops there or get the telemetro down to Plagne Centre. I guess the Club Med prices reflect a captive market...

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sat 20-10-18 16:03; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Bella2015, (and Gämsbock), I don't think you need a bus to access Aime 2000 from Clubmed.
The first picture on this Erna Low page shows one view of the relationship.
Its just a short walk up the piste:

snow conditions
@Jonpim, I think that red and white building in the foreground is the other club med (2100). If Bella is staying in #4 the lower one, it's a rather longer walk. Probably perfectly doable if you've just got your own skis but a bit more of a mission with kids in tow.
snow report
Ah! Yes. Silly me. I should pay more attention.
You are referring to the place to the left of the top of the 1800 lift.

But this is the picture from the Clubmed site
Don't look like the same place at all
Surely that is Plagne soleil/village . . . ?
snow report
@Jonpim, Yes, exactly - the place at the top of the 1800 lift that is somewhat below Aime 2000 seems to be what Club Med rather confusingly call "Club Med Aime La Plagne". The Club Med that is actually right next to the original Aime 2000 liner building they call "Club Med La Plagne 2100". Almost like they *want* people to accidentally book the place down the hill... wink

Not sure what you mean about Plagne Soleil/villages, that does look like a photo of "Club Med Aime La Plagne" and Plagne Soleil/villages are on the other side of Plagne Centre?
latest report
Gämsbock, click on the link Clubmed site: https://www.clubmed.co.uk/r/Aime-La-Plagne/y
snow conditions
@Jonpim, I see what you mean. That does indeed look very much like Plagne Soleil and nothing like the club med. How odd!
snow conditions
Quote:

I'm planning on just getting lift passes from the ticket office when we arrive on the Saturday

might be worth checking with someone with local knowledge - lift pass ticket offices can have horrible long queues.
ski holidays
You can pick up Lift Passes at an office down in Aime, just as you pass under the road up to Bourg.
But i would order online. Then no hassle at all.
ski holidays
Quote:

I'm planning on just getting lift passes from the ticket office when we arrive on the Saturday

might be worth checking with someone with local knowledge - lift pass ticket offices can have horrible long queues.

Hmmmm I didn't think of half term queues. Probably best just sorting before we go. They're just expensive if they go missing, and I've not ordered lift passes online before.
latest report
@SkiWithThree!, @Jonpim, @Gämsbock, thank you for advice... now I have almost all details I need to make an informed decision - do we try to get to not so conviniently located ski hire shops with a bunch of tired kids , try to organise ski delivery with Oxygen or just put up with Clubmed prices for the sake of convenience Confused
latest report
Bianchigray, the online pass ordering is brilliant; we’ve done it a number of times and the passes will be with you very quickly (possibly once the season starts). There are also good family etc discounts. From memory it’s hard to go wrong so long as you access the website from a PC, not a phone - it’s not at all optimised for small screens and totally impossible to use from one.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
looking for any discount codes for ski hire on la plagne 1800?
snow conditions
If you want cheap, use ski hut in Plagne Centre (by the old garage). Skies and boots ar 8euro per day. There are no discounts, it’s just one low price. The skies may have damaged top sheets or be season or two old but they are serviced to a high standard.
snow report
If you want cheap, use ski hut in Plagne Centre (by the old garage). Skies and boots ar 8euro per day. There are no discounts, it’s just one low price. The skies may have damaged top sheets or be season or two old but they are serviced to a high standard.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy